Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Even though luck, scheme, and being in right place at right time have a lot to do with it...

The bottom line is Brady is the GOAT.

Rodgers GOAT arguments based purely on his abilities is so stupid.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brees is the best QB in the world right now (above Brady), and legacy wise
    Just stop. No he isn't near Brady's legacy unless he wins 2-3 more Super Bowls. Also, you change your story way too often. You've claimed Rodgers was the GOAT for the past 2 months, and now you've switched your narrative to Brees. Please leave Brees alone; I don't need you jinxing him.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brees being better legacy wise than Brady.
    Typical UNT overreaction take. He lives in the moment way too often.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Rodgers is clearly on the decline, it's been evident all year, he can't carry a team like he used to, looks like Lakers LeBron..he needs a scheme to make him look better like the other old guys playing at a high level..doesn't change his peak ability, though..

I've never understood the QB vs. QB matchup arguments they don't play against each other on the field..and who made that list? Brady and Wilson are the only actual elite QBs there..Goff, Ryan, Luck, Cam? Wtf?
    you've come around

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he didnt say that

he said legacy wise, brees will be in same tier as peyton and above rodgers/marino.

his writing just sucks

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Just stop. No he isn't near Brady's legacy unless he wins 2-3 more Super Bowls. Also, you change your story way too often. You've claimed Rodgers was the GOAT for the past 2 months, and now you've switched your narrative to Brees. Please leave Brees alone; I don't need you jinxing him.
    "and legacy wise" was the beginning of a new thought. thats why it goes on to say "legacy wise -- he'll be in the same tier as peyton manning"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he didnt say that

he said legacy wise, brees will be in same tier as peyton and above rodgers/marino.

his writing just sucks
    Yeah I went back to reread it and it could go either way

Aaron Rodgers has the highest QB rating for a career there is at 103.

He will be in the top 4ish with stats when he retires. He's won a SB. He's won the MVP.

He will be on that Mount Rushmore for QB's along with....Brady, Montana and Peyton.

He is the only great QB with 4 times more TD's than INT's. 382/79

Tom Brady

comp %...64.0.
    QB rating....97.5

Rodgers

Brady has had seven seasons where he had 30 or more TD;s
    Rodgers in a lot fewer season......six

Brady has had nine seasons where he has 10 or more INT's
    Rodgers....two. (fewer seasons)

Rodgers has over 2,800 rishing yards, far FAR more than Brady,

If talking SB success Terry Bradshaw won four, he wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Aaron Rodgers.

QB's who have twice been the MVP

Steve Young
    Brett Favre
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers

Peyton three.

Aaron Rodgers must be considered one of the top 4ish QB's of all time.
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I didn't say that, at all. Reread the post.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he didnt say that

his writing just sucks
    Like button

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I didn't say that. Spurraider21 got it right.

Although I will have to admit that Brady's legacy is a little overrated, his last 2 rings in particular were VERY very lucky... much more lucky than good. The first 3, he led some clutch final field goal drives, but the defense was the heart and soul of the team. He wasn't 2007-2016 era Tom Brady good back then.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I didn't say that. Spurraider21 got it right.

Although I will have to admit that Brady's legacy is a little overrated, his last 2 rings in particular were VERY very lucky... much more lucky than good. The first 3, he led some clutch final field goal drives, but the defense was the heart and soul of the team. He wasn't 2007-2016 era Tom Brady good back then.
    Why do you act like luck isn’t always a part of it? The Malcolm Butler interception is a more pronounced example of good luck but for every example of good luck Brady has had ty luck (Wes Welker dropping a wide open pass that would have won the 2011 Super Bowl, Asante Samuel dropping an easy interception that would have sealed a 19-0 season, Reche Caldwell dropping a pass in 2006 that would have put Brady in a Super Bowl against Rex Grssman, etc). Just like how Brady could easily have only 3 Super Bowls he could also have 7-8. If you want to play the “what if lighting struck Tom Brady’s on the way to the Super Bowl” card it needs to work both ways.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why do you act like luck isn’t always a part of it? The Malcolm Butler interception is a more pronounced example of good luck but for every example of good luck Brady has had ty luck (Wes Welker dropping a wide open pass that would have won the 2011 Super Bowl, Asante Samuel dropping an easy interception that would have sealed a 19-0 season, Reche Caldwell dropping a pass in 2006 that would have put Brady in a Super Bowl against Rex Grssman, etc). Just like how Brady could easily have only 3 Super Bowls he could also have 7-8. If you want to play the “what if lighting struck Tom Brady’s on the way to the Super Bowl” card it needs to work both ways.
    Asante Samuel's play on the ball on the final Eli Manning drive was definitely NOT easy... he made a valiant acrobatic leaping attempt but Yao Ming on a ladder would have had a tough time coming down with that one.

If Dan Quinn had had one more brain cell.....

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Asante Samuel's play on the ball on the final Eli Manning drive was definitely NOT easy... he made a valiant acrobatic leaping attempt but Yao Ming on a ladder would have had a tough time coming down with that one.

If Dan Quinn had had one more brain cell.....
    So you picked out one tiny part of my post and ignored the rest of it. Thanks for playing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Asante Samuel's play on the ball on the final Eli Manning drive was definitely NOT easy... he made a valiant acrobatic leaping attempt but Yao Ming on a ladder would have had a tough time coming down with that one...
    no... look at 22 second mark

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the welker drop was awful. the caldwell drop is so overplayed though... even if he caught it he was going to go down for a 4-5 yard gain on 1st and 15. that was not ending the game

the seahawks/falcons wins were some good fortune though. quinn's playcalling was awful, constantly having ryan drop back instead of just handing the ball off and killing clock. the seahawks one is the worst... carroll will never live that one down. gruden did his best to replicate that multiple times this season before lynch got hurt. gruden didnt deserve lynch tbh

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Even though luck, scheme, and being in right place at right time have a lot to do with it...

The bottom line is Brady is the GOAT.

Rodgers GOAT arguments based purely on his abilities is so stupid.
    big Ghaz hit it on the head

Aaron Rodgers consistently will complete passes that no other QB can replicate. Just crazy talented in terms of accuracy from all points on the field. In the NBA, there's always the debate of "who do you want taking the last shot?". If there was an NFL equivalent (i.e. you have one pass to the endzone to win the game from ____ yards away, who do you choose?), I'd go with Rodgers

but something is missing when it comes to the GOAT talk tbh and i don't watch enough football to know what it is. Outside of the great three-year stretch of 2010-2012, I don't see many big wins especially since that time frame. I know they beat the Patriots in 2014, but I can't think of any others since that timeframe. The only playoff success they've had was beating the GarrettBot a few times in the playoffs, which is about as difficult as tying your own shoe. Other than that, they will consistently lose games against playoff teams and either beat the drum off of crappy ones or have some miraculous comeback, which overshadows the fact that their opponent was subpar in the first place

Obviously he's not had the best teams/coaching around him, but I don't see that as an excuse when debating whether or not he's the GOAT. Peyton Manning had plenty of seasons where he didn't have talent around him, but still made the Colts annual contenders

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB to ever play in the Pac12/NFC. Nobody has thrown a better pass.

And unlike Peyton, Brady, Brees, Montana, he can seriously run.

All Time Passer Rating

Rank Player Rate Years Tm
    1 Aaron Rodgers 103.7 2005-2018 gnb
    2 Russell Wilson 99.8 2012-2018 sea
    3 Drew Brees 97.6 2001-2018 2TM
    4 Tom Brady 97.5 2000-2018 nwe
    5 Tony Romo 97.1 2004-2016 dal
    6 Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
    7 Peyton Manning 96.5 1998-2015 2TM
    8 Philip Rivers 95.7 2004-2018 sdg
    9 Kirk Cousins 94.9 2012-2018 2TM
    10 Matt Ryan 94.6 2008-2018 atl
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-17-2018 at 12:22 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i thought the rodgers being a top 10 qb talk was forever shut when he got his butt repeatedly filled by crapernick, but it seems there are still some people wanting to disregard the verdict of the pitch to fit some narrative... have a go at it, who cares, gives good lols..

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    i thought the rodgers being a top 10 qb talk was forever shut when he got his butt repeatedly filled by crapernick, but it seems there are still some people wanting to disregard the verdict of the pitch to fit some narrative... have a go at it, who cares, gives good lols..
    not a top ten qb?

Please list 10 quarterbacks who are better. This oughta be good...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    not a top ten qb?

Please list 10 quarterbacks who are better. This oughta be good...
    He must have meant top 10 of all time.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    big Ghaz hit it on the head

Aaron Rodgers consistently will complete passes that no other QB can replicate. Just crazy talented in terms of accuracy from all points on the field. In the NBA, there's always the debate of "who do you want taking the last shot?". If there was an NFL equivalent (i.e. you have one pass to the endzone to win the game from ____ yards away, who do you choose?), I'd go with Rodgers

but something is missing when it comes to the GOAT talk tbh and i don't watch enough football to know what it is. Outside of the great three-year stretch of 2010-2012, I don't see many big wins especially since that time frame. I know they beat the Patriots in 2014, but I can't think of any others since that timeframe. The only playoff success they've had was beating the GarrettBot a few times in the playoffs, which is about as difficult as tying your own shoe. Other than that, they will consistently lose games against playoff teams and either beat the drum off of crappy ones or have some miraculous comeback, which overshadows the fact that their opponent was subpar in the first place

Obviously he's not had the best teams/coaching around him, but I don't see that as an excuse when debating whether or not he's the GOAT. Peyton Manning had plenty of seasons where he didn't have talent around him, but still made the Colts annual contenders
    One of the biggest problems I see with him is the tendency go always go for the big play. He’s got a reverse Joe Flacco problem. Joe Flacco regularly likes to check it down for a 4 yard gain on 3rd and 10 while Rodgers likes to chuck it downfield on 3rd and 3.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    His RELAX moment was one of the greatest football moments. I know some people will hate bc they didn't win the super bowl, but it was still pretty epic.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    He must have meant top 10 of all time.
    I figured that's what he meant, and it's still ludicrous. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning (debatable), Drew Brees (debatable), Dan Marino (debatable) and Joe Montana. Seems like he's head and shoulders above anybody else

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I figured that's what he meant, and it's still ludicrous. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning (debatable), Drew Brees (debatable), Dan Marino (debatable) and Joe Montana. Seems like he's head and shoulders above anybody else
    Yeah fair point I don’t see how you could put 10 other QBs ahead of him either way.

Thread Information