Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This looks damn good. Based on Philip book.

Anyone started this?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol the girl doing the karate move on her teacher was cheesy.

I like the what if Hitler conquered the US angle tho. I'll check it out.

sidebar: the Amazon video streaming set up sucks very very badly compared to Netflix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

sidebar: the Amazon video streaming set up sucks very very badly compared to Netflix.
    from what standpoint? just the setup?
    I've been pretty happy with the FireTV. Amazon has put out some pretty good shows as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    That was a sweet flag...adding it to my christmas list

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    from what standpoint? just the setup?
    I've been pretty happy with the FireTV. Amazon has put out some pretty good shows as well.
    Yeah the set up. It's so much easier to flip through movies/shows on Netflix. It's almost a chore to browse Amazon flicks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah the set up. It's so much easier to flip through movies/shows on Netflix. It's almost a chore to browse Amazon flicks.
    yeah...that's even a problem on the Fire TV and the Amazon app we have on another TV. It seems like all the available shows or movies aren't a part of the pop up menu and you've got to do a search.
    And the order is pretty random.

I think that's why I miss Blockbuster to a degree. You can walk down the aisle and browse 100 movies much quicker than online.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Time to finally read the book, it's been in my library for ages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw the first episode (part of the free preview). It looked good, but not good enough to make me actually pay for it.

When the old Top Gear crew gets their new show going, then maybe I'll subscribe to Amazon Prime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

It's definitely an interesting angle, but Hitler would not have allowed Japan to have the West Coast. Eventually he would have gone to war with them too. If he thinks Germans are the master race, I don't think he'd be happy sharing anything with the Japanese people.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's definitely an interesting angle, but Hitler would not have allowed Japan to have the West Coast. Eventually he would have gone to war with them too. If he thinks Germans are the master race, I don't think he'd be happy sharing anything with the Japanese people.
    Don't over think it just roll with the premise.
    It's Philip K not Melville

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    smh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why? I'm just saying...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why? I'm just saying...
    It's a show. No need to debate what Hitler would have really done if he conquered the world because he didn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a show. No need to debate what Hitler would have really done if he conquered the world because he didn't.
    No need to, but the shows premise makes you ponder "what if", so may as well think it through... if only for minor amusement.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Started watching this. The premise drew me in.

Visually it's top notch and the storyline so far is ok (just finished Ep. 3) but not sure about the acting tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah got through the pilot and episode 1.

Rufus Sewell is a very underrated actor, imo. Perfect for that Nazi part.

Backdrop is very cool. The plot is a bit murky but I'm thinking it'll pick up soon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No need to, but the shows premise makes you ponder "what if", so may as well think it through... if only for minor amusement.
    They make it pretty clear the alliance between the Japanese and Germans is uneasy. There's a neutral territory down the Rocky Mountain line that's kind of like the Wild West of the 1800s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They make it pretty clear the alliance between the Japanese and Germans is uneasy. There's a neutral territory down the Rocky Mountain line that's kind of like the Wild West of the 1800s.
    I only saw the first episode. I still don't think they would have been able to hold together any alliance after the Allied powers were defeated. When you believe you're the master race, it's hard to share territory.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Allright show and I'll watch Season 2 but it could've been so much better. The premise and the world they have created is amazing but the acting and writing has really let the show down imo...the Obergruppenfuher, Inspector Kido, and the trade minister are really the only actors that are worth a . The main characters are subpar and there are a lot of ridiculous, unrealistic decisions made by characters throughout the show.

Kinda wish someone else would've picked up this show. Had so much potential.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Allright show and I'll watch Season 2 but it could've been so much better. The premise and the world they have created is amazing but the acting and writing has really let the show down imo...the Obergruppenfuher, Inspector Kido, and the trade minister are really the only actors that are worth a . The main characters are subpar and there are a lot of ridiculous, unrealistic decisions made by characters throughout the show.

Kinda wish someone else would've picked up this show. Had so much potential.
    I had heard the acting was meh, that sucks. Source material is awesome, too bad the writing didn't live up to it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The main characters are subpar and there are a lot of ridiculous, unrealistic decisions made by characters throughout the show.
    Yeah, realistically they would have beat the out of the Marshall when they had the chance and dumped him in the river with the other guy.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Two episodes in, it's pretty flat. I hear it gets much better in the second half of the season so I'll stick with it, but there is so much other good TV on right now that it's hard to be patient.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Two episodes in, it's pretty flat. I hear it gets much better in the second half of the season so I'll stick with it, but there is so much other good TV on right now that it's hard to be patient.
    The Marshall livens things up a bit, but I think they need to give the protagonists some better direction, give them purpose....and then put in some real bad guys that try to stop them.......I dunno....but yeah, it's flat and it doesn't have to be with this much set up to work with

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    The Marshall livens things up a bit, but I think they need to give the protagonists some better direction, give them purpose....and then put in some real bad guys that try to stop them.......I dunno....but yeah, it's flat and it doesn't have to be with this much set up to work with
    I thought the marshall was way too corny. Wasn't a fan of how they portrayed him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The book is excellent. The scene with the Japanese guy freaking out over the jewelry in the park is one of my all time favorites.

Thread Information