Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    then adress those ridicolous claims you've been making from the start that have obviously been proven wrong.
    What ridiculous claim? That long-term Kat and Porzy may be better?And how has that been proven wrong? You do realize what long-term means, right?
    So 13 games in to a winless season for Philly that proves Oakafor is better than KAt? Porzy? Russ? I dont need to prove anything because there is no definitive proof yet. The sample size is small. Oak has put up better numbers and has outplayed Kat head to head. That is all that we have proof of over a small data set. I am not the one rushing to judgment you are. I cannot prove KAT or Porzy will be better I just think they project to be better. We shall see. Feel free to bump this thread in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ridiculous claim? That long-term Kat and Porzy may be better?And how has that been proven wrong? You do realize what long-term means, right?
    So 13 games in to a winless season for Philly that proves Oakafor is better than KAt? Porzy? Russ? I dont need to prove anything because there is no definitive proof yet. The sample size is small. Oak has put up better numbers and has outplayed Kat head to head. That is all that we have proof of over a small data set. I am not the one rushing to judgment you are. I cannot prove KAT or Porzy will be better I just think they project to be better. We shall see. Feel free to bump this thread in two years.
    no, that he couldn't rebound and that he doesn't defend. And I'm not 100% sure but I believe you were also on board with the "philly is better when he's off the floor" theory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    no, that he couldn't rebound and that he doesn't defend. And I'm not 100% sure but I believe you were also on board with the "philly is better when he's off the floor" theory.
    Not me sir. Show me where I said anything crazy like that. I questioned his movement on defense pre-draft ...but I haven't seen much of his games only highlights and articles. I Admit I did question some of his rebound totals for a big ...but that was just game observations early on. I never said he would never be able to rebound. Please find where I attacked him? I have said to calm down the hype train ... because I dont see a "franchise big". you must be confusing me with someone else. I have never look at his on-court/off metrics. nor do I care to. At this point we chose Russ doesnt matter what me or anyone else thinks. now it has to play out. And it is to early to say anything definitive either way. you should know better, Raven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude stop with the franchise type centerstuff when it comes to Oak.How many franchise type centers start their career 0-13? Sure his team sucks, sucks real bad ... but 0-13? That record alone makes a statement like that stupid. Porzingis was the other home-run pick (high upside/high risk) ... we took the other one. KAT was the only sure thing. So far Porzings looks like the better pick, but yall need to get off Oakafor's nuts. he looked liked ass against his "ceiling" Al Jeff the other night. But no one posted in the Oakafor threads THAT night ...

Porzy though ... wow. Cant deny he is impressive ...more than Oak to me ...

LOL at the guys that claim all Kobe fans care about is scoring ... Now riding Oak's 0-13 nuts ...
    Not me sir. Show me where I said anything crazy like that. I questioned his movement on defense pre-draft ...but I haven't seen much of his games only highlights and articles. I Admit I did question some of his rebound totals for a big ...but that was just game observations early on. I never said he would never be able to rebound. Please find where I attacked him? I have said to calm down the hype train ... because I dont see a "franchise big". you must be confusing me with someone else. I have never look at his on-court/off metrics. nor do I care to. At this point we chose Russ doesnt matter what me or anyone else thinks. now it has to play out. And it is to early to say anything definitive either way. you should know better, Raven.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Again that wasn't an attack. It was EXACTLY what I said earlier. I speak on it to counter some of the hype. I think Oak is going to be an Al Jeff type scorer maybe even a better version of prime Al Jeff.
    But he did look like in that game vs. Al Jeff. Just as good as he looked dominating his match-up vs. Towns. He is not as good as he was last night or as bad as looked vs. the Hornets. I would argue last night is close to where I think his prime will be and the game against the hornets will not be the norm.

My point still stands that every time he plays well Laker haters ride his nuts. when he plays bad Laker fans seem to be gleeful. I caught myself doing that early and vowed not to unfairly criticize him for that reason.

Questions about his defensive mobility still remain as they do about a consistent motor. The things he is doing on offense although impressive as a rookie (or most players) were the things we all knew he could do and has done at every level.

dont see how you can argue that any of those main critiques are proven wrongthis early. is he a defensive juggernaut or rebounder? BTw, neither Russell nor Randle has proven your doubts about their game wrong either. Should I post or bump your thoughts when Randle drops 18 and 12 again. Or when Druss gets another 13, 7 and 5?

Again. small sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mudiay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you do realize that you're saying that a guy averaging 18+8+2blocks on pure post moves and almost no dunks or transition baskets, at age 19 is not a franchise big? Like, when is the last time a big did that and did not end up as a franchise big? about the two busts you can argue as much as you want, but it's pretty laughable to think either of the two has star potential.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you do realize that you're saying that a guy averaging 18+8+2blocks on pure post moves and almost no dunks or transition baskets, at age 19 is not a franchise big? Like, when is the last time a big did that and did not end up as a franchise big? about the two busts you can argue as much as you want, but it's pretty laughable to think either of the two has star potential.
    1. He is getting dunks. I have seen at least 4 myself and I have only seen parts of 1 game and ESPN highlights.

2. Did not say he wasnt a franchise big. But again I am asking which you did not answer... to name me another franchise big that is sitting on 0-15. His raw numbers and post moves are sweet. and his jumper is better than it was at Duke. But that does not explain 0-15. Obviously the "bar" for franchise bigs is pretty high. But again I am not the one proclaiming him as such, you are. I dont have to prove anything. becuase I have not said anything more than I think long-term KAT and Porzy will be better.

3. As for the Lakers picks I wont argue for them yet either ... except to give them time. At this point both are bit disappointing but neither is a "bust". That is childish and narrow minded to proclaim that 15 games in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude stop with the franchise type centerstuff when it comes to Oak.How many franchise type centers start their career 0-13? Sure his team sucks, sucks real bad ... but 0-13? That record alone makes a statement like that stupid. Porzingis was the other home-run pick (high upside/high risk) ... we took the other one. KAT was the only sure thing. So far Porzings looks like the better pick, but yall need to get off Oakafor's nuts. he looked liked ass against his "ceiling" Al Jeff the other night. But no one posted in the Oakafor threads THAT night ...
    1. He is getting dunks. I have seen at least 4 myself and I have only seen parts of 1 game and ESPN highlights.

2. Did not say he wasnt a franchise big. But again I am asking which you did not answer... to name me another franchise big that is sitting on 0-15. His raw numbers and post moves are sweet. and his jumper is better than it was at Duke. But that does not explain 0-15. Obviously the "bar" for franchise bigs is pretty high. But again I am not the one proclaiming him as such, you are. I dont have to prove anything. becuase I have not said anything more than I think long-term KAT and Porzy will be better.

3. As for the Lakers picks I wont argue for them yet either ... except to give them time. At this point both are bit disappointing but neither is a "bust". That is childish and narrow minded to proclaim that 15 games in?
    like... dude... how...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You are so silly. As with the LAker rooks it's to early to say he is a definitive franchise big. It's also to early to say he is not. I should have said in the 2nd post you quoted I did not say he won't be. He may very well turn out to be one ... in time. But it's laughable to me for you or anyone else to make that argument while he is sitting on 0-13. But I was wrong for wording that poorly. I still stand by what I said in the first one ...let's stop with the franchise big hype.

Again the gist of all of it is let's take sometime before we call Oak a franchise big or Russ a bust. It's ESPN style analysis ...and you still havent answered a question I have asked 3 different times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so silly. As with the LAker rooks it's to early to say he is a definitive franchise big. It's also to early to say he is not. I should have said in the 2nd post you quoted I did not say he won't be. He may very well turn out to be one ... in time. But it's laughable to me for you or anyone else to make that argument while he is sitting on 0-13. But I was wrong for wording that poorly. I still stand by what I said in the first one ...let's stop with the franchise big hype.

Again the gist of all of it is let's take sometime before we call Oak a franchise big or Russ a bust. It's ESPN style analysis ...and you still havent answered a question I have asked 3 different times.
    which one?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Again not saying he is not one definitively (yet) but name me the franchise big that started 0-15 or suffered even a 15 game losing streak? I can confirm Not Kareeem or Shaq. You can confirm David and Tim as a Spur fan.

And we have enough rox fans here to confirm Yao, Moses, Hakeem or Dwight ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again not saying he is not one definitively (yet) but name me the franchise big that started 0-15 or suffered even a 15 game losing streak? I can confirm Not Kareeem or Shaq. You can confirm David and Tim as a Spur fan.

And we have enough rox fans here to confirm Yao, Moses, Hakeem or Dwight ...
    so that's a real question? Philly purposely created a team that cannot win games. They literally do not have a legitimate nba scrub on the roster aside of noel. All the remaining ones are middling to bottom feeders in the freaking d-league. It's actually stunning that there are 6 teams with a worse defense than they do. It's not like they don't have a plan, it's just that that plan (šarič, that other center, and the two point guards) are all unavailable. All that is left is nik stauskas, a megabust that got his ass kicked after one season from being a lottery pick, for nothing. and the guy is shooting .33% which is a percentage that will get you to be a lunchlady in less than a year, unless your name is kirby.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and the guy is shooting .33% which is a percentage that will get you to be a lunchlady in less than a year, unless your name is kirby.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so that's a real question? Philly purposely created a team that cannot win games. They literally do not have a legitimate nba scrub on the roster aside of noel. All the remaining ones are middling to bottom feeders in the freaking d-league. It's actually stunning that there are 6 teams with a worse defense than they do. It's not like they don't have a plan, it's just that that plan (šarič, that other center, and the two point guards) are all unavailable. All that is left is nik stauskas, a megabust that got his ass kicked after one season from being a lottery pick, for nothing. and the guy is shooting .33% which is a percentage that will get you to be a lunchlady in less than a year, unless your name is kirby.
    Come on put prime David on that team, they win one game. And one season doesnt make Stauskas a bust. Christ Raven do you walk out on a movie if the first 10 mins are slow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    laker fans...so butthurt
    will tank for the draft again, only to make the wrong choice again
    Yep. They need to change the rules so the Lakers get to make their pick anytime during the season, after they see how everyone is going to play, with a statute of limitations on 2 years. That way they don't get dinged for ty scouting that brings in Russell and that broke leg and they can still have good players despite the roster/salary cap cancer.

Basically the rules need to be shaped around keeping LA in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How stupid do these NY assholes feel for booing him draft night now..
    Not that he's worth mentioning....but I'll do it anyways. Remember the next day when Stephen A. Smith threw a ing tantrum like a 9 year old girl?

He was calling for the Zen Master's job....
    ing ingorant, xenophobic staters, tbh.

" we don't know him, so he must suck "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Porzy though ... wow. Cant deny he is impressive ...more than Oak to me ...

LOL at the guys that claim all Kobe fans care about is scoring ... Now riding Oak's 0-13 nuts ...
    What would exactly be the high risk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing ingorant, xenophobic staters, tbh.

" we don't know him, so he must suck "
    He didn't light it up in AAU.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What would exactly be the high risk?
    He was a unknown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously not for the guy who drafted him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obviously not for the guy who drafted him.
    They took a risk that seems it may pay off huge
    Still was a risk dont act as if you knew he would be tjis hood this early ...show proof or i call bull . Even knicks were cautiously optimistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They took a risk that seems it may pay off huge
    Still was a risk dont act as if you knew he would be tjis hood this early ...show proof or i call bull . Even knicks were cautiously optimistic
    As big a risk as drafting any other rookie. I don't know why the are you saying this guy was any more of a risk than any other rookie.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-24-2015 at 11:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of watching the guy play you don't need to be a genius to get interest on a 7'3'' guy that handles and shoots the ball like a Guard, tbh.

Besides, professional basketball in Europe >>>>> US college ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17-10-4blk on 60% shooting

Meanwhile, Bustle was getting shat on by TJ McConnell against the same team

Thread Information