Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Of course having mobility is a plus... but if your main instinct is to take off and run then you are not going to have success for very long in the league. It's been proven time and time again.
    Nobody is talking about that. What is being talked about is just something else a defense must defend, a running QB. And not the read option, just a guy who does have the ability to scoot 20 yards, something n Eli, Peyton or Tom just can't do.

That ability to roam around back there, which does wear out the big guys chasing and gives receivers time to get open.

Why have a QB who can't do those things, it simply makes no sense.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-10-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Another atrocious take from the OP.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    was just about to bump this thread

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cat got

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    lemmao

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Avante is so ing angry right now.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All anyone really has to do is know the high school game and the NCAA, there is it staring right at you. Look at who will be QBing America's team for the next decade. Look at who is coming out of the NCAA every season now.

Stop acting like a bunch of rookies people, ok?

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    All anyone really has to do is know the high school game and the NCAA, there is it staring right at you. Look at who will be QBing America's team for the next decade. Look at who is coming out of the NCAA every season now.

ing Mitch Trubinsky is better overall prospect than Champion - Watson.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ing Mitch Trubinsky is better overall prospect than Champion - Watson.
    Why not do this...

Google both guys NCAA stats, now what do you see there?

I'll kick start ya....

Watson 90 TD passes
    Trubinsky 41

Here’s the first look at 2017, with team standings drawn from Las Vegas odds to win the Super Bowl:

1. Cleveland Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

Before the 2015 season, we asked if Watson was the best quarterback prospect in all of college football. While Cal’s Jared Goff likely surpassed him in that department, Watson’s all-around tools are difficult to match. He has the strong arm to drive the ball into tight windows, though it’s his touch on two-level throws that impresses most. There’s still room to grow from a quarterbacking standpoint as he can learn to get through his reads better and his accuracy wanes at times, but Watson is poised for a huge season and he’s the early favorite to be the first quarterback off the board. The Browns waited to invest heavily in a new franchise quarterback and that may pay off next year.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-16-2017 at 07:17 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Black QBs have been starting for big programs in the college game for over 30 years. This is not anything new. Only difference is the NFL has slightly evolved to run offenses to suit the running QBs, but at the end of the day, still need to be a strong pocket passer to be an elite QB.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Why not do this...

Here’s the first look at 2017, with team standings drawn from Las Vegas odds to win the Super Bowl:

1. Cleveland Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
    http://bfy.tw/9V77 for you asshole

6 pages. 5 of them have Trubisky as best prospect, or Kizer from ND. All that Watson`s stat padding in NCAA doesn`t mean . Don`t get me wrong, Trubisky sucks, but he`s better NFL prospect than dual threat Watson.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Black QBs have been starting for big programs in the college game for over 30 years. This is not anything new. Only difference is the NFL has slightly evolved to run offenses to suit the running QBs, but at the end of the day, still need to be a strong pocket passer to be an elite QB.
    Why are you telling me all that? Who was the first black QB to play in an NFL game, try Willie Thrower (dead serious) out of Michigan State. Remember Marlon "The Magician" Briscoe with Denver?

You ever see Warren Moon throw a football, how about Randall Cunningham? Nobody is talking about a runner who can't pass, ok? This is about that guy like a Dak Prescott, who ...CAN...run if it's there. Something wre just don't see with a Peyton, Eli, Brady, Ryan etc.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    http://bfy.tw/9V77 for you asshole

6 pages. 5 of them have Trubisky as best prospect, or Kizer from ND. All that Watson`s stat padding in NCAA doesn`t mean . Don`t get me wrong, Trubisky sucks, but he`s better NFL prospect than dual threat Watson.
    Hey asshole how about taking a few minutes and actually see how these guys stack up, ok asshole? Show me anything that has Tubisky better than Watson, come on asshole.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Name your top 5 QBs in the NFL

Rodgers
    Brady
    Ryan
    Dak
    Carr

Dak is the only "black" QB who can actually throw the ball accurately, all the rest of them have been exposed over the years... I give Winston a shot in the future but most of the great QBs right now are all white. Carr is the best of the new QBs and Rodgers/Ryan have at least 5 years of elite play, even Brady might be relevant for the next 3-4 years if healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Hey asshole how about taking a few minutes and actually see how these guys stack up, ok asshole? Show me anything that has Tubisky better than Watson, come on asshole.
    He`s better NFL prospect for rebuilding team. I don`t do mock drafts, I read them. Most of them have Trubisky evan as #1 overall, meanwhile Watson is 2/3 round talent, but because he`s a QB, he can slip into late 1st round. EOT

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Why are you telling me all that? Who was the first black QB to play in an NFL game, try Willie Thrower (dead serious) out of Michigan State. Remember Marlon "The Magician" Briscoe with Denver?

You ever see Warren Moon throw a football, how about Randall Cunningham? Nobody is talking about a runner who can't pass, ok? This is about that guy like a Dak Prescott, who ...CAN...run if it's there. Something wre just don't see with a Peyton, Eli, Brady, Ryan etc.
    What does Warren Moon have to do with this? Randall Cunningham could throw the ball very well. He was a very good QB for a long time.

There's white QBs who can do the same thing as well in this league like Rodgers, Luck, Carr, etc. The game did change a bit in 2012 when he had running QBs have big seasons like Kaep, RGIII, and Wilson, but the league has adjusted overall and teams realize they need a strong pocket passer to go deep in the playoffs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Name your top 5 QBs in the NFL

Rodgers
    Brady
    Ryan
    Dak
    Carr

Dak is the only "black" QB who can actually throw the ball accurately, all the rest of them have been exposed over the years... I give Winston a shot in the future but most of the great QBs right now are all white. Carr is the best of the new QBs and Rodgers/Ryan have at least 5 years of elite play, even Brady might be relevant for the next 3-4 years if healthy.
    The best under 30 QB is Russell Wilson, the stats/accomplishments prove that out.

Keep in mind this is about where things are headed.

Winston, Prescott, Wilson, Newton are all young.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What does Warren Moon have to do with this? Randall Cunningham could throw the ball very well. He was a very good QB for a long time.

There's white QBs who can do the same thing as well in this league like Rodgers, Luck, Carr, etc. The game did change a bit in 2012 when he had running QBs have big seasons like Kaep, RGIII, and Wilson, but the league has adjusted overall and teams realize they need a strong pocket passer to go deep in the playoffs.
    Who said anything about black QB's not being strong in the pocket passers?

Warren Moon was fantastic pocket passer, BUT..... he could run if he needed to.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    chirp chirp

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The best under 30 QB is Russell Wilson, the stats/accomplishments prove that out.

Keep in mind this is about where things are headed.

Winston, Prescott, Wilson, Newton are all young.
    Newton got EXPOSED and he's not a great pocket QB, can't throw the ball...that's a very bad thing because mobility is something that doesn't last as he gets beat up and ages...you see how Vick can't even get a job as a back-up anymore.

Wilson had next but I feel like his window is closing already with how much he's been beat up due to Seattle's crappy offensive line, and they are not exactly getting better defensively..

Prescott really is the only black QB with a bright future, and he's half white.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Newton got EXPOSED and he's not a great pocket QB, can't throw the ball...that's a very bad thing because mobility is something that doesn't last as he gets beat up and ages...you see how Vick can't even get a job as a back-up anymore.

Wilson had next but I feel like his window is closing already with how much he's been beat up due to Seattle's crappy offensive line, and they are not exactly getting better defensively..

Prescott really is the only black QB with a bright future, and he's half white.
    How old are Newton and Wilson? Look at the greats at their age, ok? Both Newton and Wilson best years are ahead of them just like everybody else at that age,

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Look ya little ing freak stop disrespecting everybody's threads with your immaturity, ok ya ing ?

GROW THE UP~~~~~~~~~~

Talk football , ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-16-2017 at 08:21 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    How old are Newton and Wilson? Look at the greats at their age, ok? Both Newton and Wilson best years are ahead of them just like everybody else at that age,
    You aren't hearing me, are you? They get beat up, they are not GREAT at throwing the football. Dak Prescott and maybe Jameis Winston (if he can stop throwing INTs) are the only Black QBs in the NFL that can stay in the pocket and be effective throwing the ball.

I know you love Wilson but he isn't as great of a passer as he is a runner. Most black QBs that love to run with the ball end up having short careers because the athleticism fades with age and injury (took an ACL injury for RGIII to go from elite to trash)

are Wilson and Newton better than Andrew Luck or Derek Carr?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You aren't hearing me, are you? They get beat up, they are not GREAT at throwing the football. Dak Prescott and maybe Jameis Winston (if he can stop throwing INTs) are the only Black QBs in the NFL that can stay in the pocket and be effective throwing the ball.

I know you love Wilson but he isn't as great of a passer as he is a runner. Most black QBs that love to run with the ball end up having short careers because the athleticism fades with age and injury (took an ACL injury for RGIII to go from elite to trash)

are Wilson and Newton better than Andrew Luck or Derek Carr?
    Do this for me actually take a few minutes and bone up on reality, ok?

Google those 4 then compare the stats, tell me what ya find, ok?

Thread Information