Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    My God, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coach....ok gang now remember Eli averages 1.8 yards a carry, so keep an eye out for the run.

Poor little guy.
    It's clear that black QBs get you aroused as much as the wait staff in an Olangapo bar. It's the only reason you're still cranking out ty mobile QB posts while the final four QBs are all pocket passers.

Eli has 2 super bowls. Russ may never get back there.

Pathetic musty old fart

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    nah, that line is carrying Bell, he wouldn't get away with that BS behind anything less than an elite offensive line. If Bell had the Chargers OL he would average like 1 yard per carry.
    Don't watch much football do ya?

Rushing & Receiving

• * indicates bowl stats included

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    *2010 Michigan State Big Ten FR RB 13 107 605 5.7 8 11 97 8.8 118 702 5.9 8
    *2011 Michigan State Big Ten SO RB 14 182 948 5.2 13 35 267 7.6 217 1215 5.6 13
    *2012 Michigan State Big Ten JR RB 13 382 1793 4.7 12 32 167 5.2 1 414 1960 4.7 13
    Career Michigan State 671 3346 5.0 33 78 531 6.8 1 749 3877 5.2 34

The guy is a stud and would be a stud on any team he played on.

Rodgers has thrown 24 touchdowns to one interception since Nov. 13 and has a 117.9 passer rating in the past eight games.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Does anyone get...."coming to a close"...?

If ya pay any attention to HS football, then you see it. Look at what played in the NCAA le foursome.

Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State all had black QB's. That is where we are heading, that guy who can put stress on a defense with his legs. A guy who can extend plays, evade the pass rush.

Tony Romo gets old and retires, who replaces him? And we are going to be be seeing more and more of that kind of thing.

IF....a white guy can move, has mobility, ok ok that will work. It's more about the unathletic stand tall in the pocket passer days are coming to an end, that is the white QB.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    But... it's not "coming to a close." First, just look at who's still playing. Rodgers, Ryan, Brady, Roethlisberger...yep...white. Then look at the other quarterbacks around the league. Andrew Luck is 27. Derek Carr is 25. Carson Wentz is 24. Marcus Mariota is 23. Then you have Mitch Trubisky and Patrick Mahomes (half-white) entering this year's draft. Next year, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen are coming out. I'm not seeing where the "era of the white QB" is ending anytime soon.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    But... it's not "coming to a close." First, just look at who's still playing. Rodgers, Ryan, Brady, Roethlisberger...yep...white. Then look at the other quarterbacks around the league. Andrew Luck is 27. Derek Carr is 25. Carson Wentz is 24. Marcus Mariota is 23. Then you have Mitch Trubisky and Patrick Mahomes (half-white) entering this year's draft. Next year, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen are coming out. I'm not seeing where the "era of the white QB" is ending anytime soon.
    Don't watch much HS football do you?

Since the late 1800's all those southern schools had white only football teams. That lasted up until the late 60's , so what happened? Give me the name of the last GREAT white RB out of the SEC, what.....Billy Cannon?

Times are changing, if you can't see it you don't want to. Yes we are seeing tons of black QB's in the HS todays, you really don't get what that means? Alabama with a black QB?

That ability to evade a rush, stress a D out with.....will he run or pass.....extending plays, is where the QB position is going. You really don't see that? If a white guy can play that, cool, but as we know blacks simply have those talents in abundance.

NCAA national champ....black QB
    Top seeded NFC team....black QB
    Rooke of the year...black QB?
    Heisman winner...black QB, second....black QB
    Black QB's have played in 4 of the last 5 SB's
    NFL MVP 2015...black QB

You really don't get it?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-20-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Hey Avante, who would be the top five black QB's in NFL history?

Here ya go...

1.Warren Moon
    2.Russell Wilson
    3.Donovan McNabb
    4.Randall Cunningham
    5.Steve McNair

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Post Count
    High school football

The vast majority of those players won't even make it to a major college program let alone the pros. And it's irrelevant to the OP's argument, which is that white QBs are on the decline in today's NFL.

When the NFL has a sustained period where whites are the overwhelming minority at the QB position and the trend shows no sign of reversing, then you can say the era of white QBs is coming to a close. Until then, it isn't. Especially when white QBs are still having all the success while players like Struggle and Scam Newton are regressing.

It's awfully convenient that this is one of the few football-related topics you don't want to "slow down~~~~" about, BTW. I know you crave the BBC, but you could at least have a shred of intellectual honesty.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

How do you do that?

Who was the first 1000 yard rusher for my Oilers?

Here ya go...

That was the stubby 5-5 powerhouse Charlie Tolar, he was a small college player coming out of NWLa. A great thumper.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    High school football

The vast majority of those players won't even make it to a major college program let alone the pros. And it's irrelevant to the OP's argument, which is that white QBs are on the decline in today's NFL.

When the NFL has a sustained period where whites are the overwhelming minority at the QB position and the trend shows no sign of reversing, then you can say the era of white QBs is coming to a close. It's awfully convenient that this is one of the few football-related topics you don't want to "slow down~~~~" about, BTW. I know you crave the BBC, but you could at least have a shred of intellectual honesty.
    By you....haha high school football....says it all about just how ignorant you are about this. And how come you never answer any questions you are asked?

I;ve been following HS/NCAA football all my life (around 13ish) what am I seeing more of right now than ever before? Yep, the black QB. What are we seeing in the college game now more than ever, yep.....the black QB (who come from where yep,....HIGH SCHOOLS)

There was a time when we never saw black QB's in the SEC, what happened?

Watch how it goes over the next 10 seasons. Hopefully ya have enought sense to realize we are talking the end of an era and not right this minute.

Dude, it all starts in HIGH SCHOOL football, ok? If you don't know that, you have no business even talking to me.

Post Count
    Again, nobody gives a rat's ass about high school football. This isn't the College Sports Forum nor are we talking about recruiting. Black players have been playing quarterback in high school and college for decades, yet the quarterback position in the NFL right now (which is what OP is talking about) remains majority white. Until that changes, the "era of the white QB" in the NFL - not high school, not college - is not coming to a close.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Again, nobody gives a rat's ass about high school football. This isn't the College Sports Forum nor are we talking about recruiting. Black players have been playing quarterback in high school and college for decades, yet the quarterback position in the NFL right now (which is what OP is talking about) remains majority white. Until that changes, the "era of the white QB" in the NFL - not high school, not college - is not coming to a close.
    Let me slow it down for ya slick....

I follow all of football, ok? That's how I know about the Tyreek Hills. We are seeing a HUGE, MASSIVE difference lately with black QB's at the HS level...OK? Now look at what we just saw in the NCAA tourney....THREE...black QB's. Who were the top two Heisman finalists? Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton in the last 4 SB's.

You honestly don't get it? Dude, wake the up, ok?

Football is changing guy, if ya can't see that why am I not surprised? Being about to extend plays, evade a pass rush, and being able to run, is where the QB position is going.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-20-2017 at 01:48 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Let me slow it down for ya slick....

I follow all of football, ok? That's how I know about the Tyreek Hills. We are seeing a HUGE, MASSIVE difference lately with black QB's at the HS level...OK? Now look at what we just saw in the NCAA tourney....THREE...black QB's. Who were the top two Heisman finalists? Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton in the last 4 SB's.

You honestly don't get it? Dude, wake the up, ok?

Football is changing guy, if ya can't see that why am I not surprised? Being about to extend plays, evade a pass rush, and being able to run, is where the QB position is going.
    So black QB's are 1 and 3 in the last four Super Bowls. What does that tell you?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So black QB's are 1 and 3 in the last four Super Bowls. What does that tell you?
    When was the last 4 year period where black QB's played in the SB's?

Keep in mind this is about an era coming to an end, ok? We are seeing the beginnings of that at all levels of football right now.

The USA used to have white sprinters on their Olympic teams, what happened? Where did the white cornerback go?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When was the last 4 year period where black QB's played in the SB's?

Keep in mind this is about an era coming to an end, ok? We are seeing the beginnings of that at all levels of football right now.

The USA used to have white sprinters on their Olympic teams, what happened? Where did the white cornerback go?
    Generally, whites aren't fast enough to play cornerback which is the #1 attribute you'd want in a cornerback. It's great to have a QB that can run. But I'm not sure that he has to have RB skills. They just need to be athletic enough to scramble and throw on the run. And maybe one day we'll see a QB that has the passing of Brady and the running ability of Cam. But then, you also don't want your team leader running downfield and subjecting himself to the associated injuries.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Generally, whites aren't fast enough to play cornerback which is the #1 attribute you'd want in a cornerback. It's great to have a QB that can run. But I'm not sure that he has to have RB skills. They just need to be athletic enough to scramble and throw on the run. And maybe one day we'll see a QB that has the passing of Brady and the running ability of Cam. But then, you also don't want your team leader running downfield and subjecting himself to the associated injuries.
    Nobody is talking about a RUNNING QB, ok? I'm not talking about the read option. What I am talking about is a guy who isn't limited to having to hang in the pocket and if need be he can run for 10 yards to move the chains. And the D knows this. What does that knowledge do to their mindset?

Dak Precott is the perfect example. He's not a runner but....he can~!~~~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nobody is talking about a RUNNING QB, ok? I'm not talking about the read option. What I am talking about is a guy who isn't limited to having to hang in the pocket and if need be he can run for 10 yards to move the chains. And the D knows this. What does that knowledge do to their mindset?

Dak Precott is the perfect example. He's not a runner but....he can~!~~~
    You're an idiot.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    An idiot posts about farts and lies about running 20.00 as a kid, which is 100% IMPOSSIBLE. And, clutters a messageboard with what tv shows he likes, that's an idiot.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Those Lombardi Packers had....

QB...Bart Starr
    FB...Jim Taylor
    RB...Paul Hornung
    Flanker...Carroll Dale
    WR..Boyd Dowler

All white.

That Colts team that lost to the Jets.

QB..Earl Morrall (Unitas was hurt, but would play)
    RB...Tom Matte
    RB...Jerry Hill
    Flanker..Jerry Orr
    WR...Ray Berry

All white.

What happened?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Trolling this little is fun, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~

Hey stupid, you ever seen 00 play for your Oilers?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Don't watch much HS football do you?

Since the late 1800's all those southern schools had white only football teams. That lasted up until the late 60's , so what happened? Give me the name of the last GREAT white RB out of the SEC, what.....Billy Cannon?

Times are changing, if you can't see it you don't want to. Yes we are seeing tons of black QB's in the HS todays, you really don't get what that means? Alabama with a black QB?

That ability to evade a rush, stress a D out with.....will he run or pass.....extending plays, is where the QB position is going. You really don't see that? If a white guy can play that, cool, but as we know blacks simply have those talents in abundance.

NCAA national champ....black QB
    Top seeded NFC team....black QB
    Rooke of the year...black QB?
    Heisman winner...black QB, second....black QB
    Black QB's have played in 4 of the last 5 SB's
    NFL MVP 2015...black QB

You really don't get it?
    i can't even

Thread Information