Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    They are just going to hold them back by hiring a ty OC, you saw what they did to Kap when he started getting too big for comfort

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i'm looking at the high school qb rankings right now... at least, at least the top 15 or so, more than half are s.

10 years until we got more than half the starting qbs in the league, tbh...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    that's quite the spin in a year where the read option has been scrapped from playbooks and all the "promising african american qbs" are getting benched and cut. Also, Carr and Bortles are having a good time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ball is all the hype in high school/college football. if Europe could produce NFL players like it does for the NBA, you can bet NFL teams would start drafting foreigners.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    plenty of great white receivers... steve largent, fred biletnikoff, of course Don Hutson to name a few

linebackers? just look at the steelers... jack ham, jack lambert, kevin greene

not many speed backs, but as far as running backs in general? csonka, riggins, taylor, nagurski
    You're kidding right?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Warren Moon
    Jim Brown
    Barry Sanders
    Jerry Rice
    Randy Moss
    Antonio Gates

Donovan McNabb
    Jerome Bettis
    Walter Payton
    Chris Carter
    Terrell Owens
    Kellon Winslow

Cam Newton
    Earl Campbell
    Eric erson
    Marvin Harrison
    Isacc Bruce
    John Mackey

Steve McNair
    Emmitt Smith
    LaDianian Tomlinson
    Tim Brown
    Reggie Wayne
    Shannon Sharpe

Randall Cunningham
    Marshall Faulk
    Arian Peterson
    Antonio Brown
    Andre Johnson
    Ozzie Newsome

Doug Williams
    Gale Sayers
    Marcus Allen
    Andre Reed
    Hines Ward
    Vernon Davis

Russell Wilson
    O.J.Simpson
    Tony Dorsett
    James Lofton
    Art Monk
    Charlie Sanders

Michael Vick
    Franco Harris
    Thurman Thomas
    Steve Smith
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Ben Coates

I challenge anyone to match that using white players.

How about this D

Reggie White
    Bruce Smith
    "Mean" Joe Greene
    Alan Page
    Deacon Jones
    Charles Haley
    Warren Sapp
    Ray Lewis
    Mike Singletary
    Bobby Bell
    Lawrence Taylor
    Derrick Thomas
    "Night Train" Lane
    Emlen Tunnell
    Deion Sanders
    Jim Johnson
    Mike Haynes
    Darrelle Revis
    Ronnie Lott
    Rod Woodson

Would anyome believe the first black QB to start an NFL game was named......Willie Thrower......dead serious!

Black college QB's who played another poistion in the NFL.

Don Woods RB
    Sherman Smith RB
    Denard Robinson RB
    Josh Cribbs WR
    Freddie Solomon WR
    Hine Ward WR
    Marlon "The Magician" Briscoe WR
    Adnan Randle -El WR
    Bert Emanuel WR
    Willie Wood DB
    Last edited by Avante; 11-24-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dude is just putting some ancient names, not proving about end of era of the white QB

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude is just putting some ancient names, not proving about end of era of the white QB
    Just showing the overwelming difference between black/white players. And according to the high school and college game, there is a need for a better athlete at the QB position now a days. That means black guys with some running ability. No not talking about the read option, I'm talking about being able to evade the pass rush, extending a play.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-24-2015 at 04:23 AM.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Palmer will be out of the league in three years, walking injury timebomb tbh.

Cardale Jones coming to take his place
    cardale jones? , this take is beyond bad. dude has been so bad this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Just showing the overwelming difference between black/white players. And according to the high school and college game, there is a need for a better athlete at the QB position now a days. That means black guys with some running ability. No not talking about the read option, I'm talking about being able to evade the pass rush, extending a play.
    There isnt any need for better athlete in NFL. NCAA can`t produce enough pocket passers, that`s why teams go with monkeyballing QB`s and trying them to become better passers. Running QB is always a huge risk. Taylor from Buffalo was injured on extending the play and cost them chance to put this game to OT.

See what happend when Kaepernick and Wilson were forced to stay in pocket, when teams were aware of theirs running abilities. Newton is the best passer from OP`s list, that`s why Panthers are where they are.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Little man didn't ya pick up on...THE FUTURE OF THE QB POSITION IS CHANGING....well?

I think you might have been a fish, you're not too bright.
    It's really not changing. It's just getting worse. Mediocre QB play despite rules tilted towards the offense.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    You take Palmer, I'll take Newton
    How about I take both? Both have been elite players this season. Palmer may be playing the best in this league. His defense is non-existant this season while the offense has been the best in the league.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    All anyone has to do is look at what is coming out of the high schools now. So many black QB's, then where do they end up, yep...

Clemson
    Notre Dame
    LSU
    Texas
    FSU
    Ohio St

etc etc etc

Where does the NFL get it's QB?
    Listen dumbass. Those schools you mentioned have had black QBs for years who haven't amounted to anything in the NFL.

LSU had recent guys in Matt Flynn and Zach Mettenberger who have done more in this league than the black QBs who went to LSU recently.

Notre Dame has had black QBs who haven't done anything in the Pros. Same with Clemson.

Black QBs have always been prevalent in college football. It's not a new phenomenon rookie. Right now, there's only one elite black QB in the league and that's Cam.

This has been the worst NFL season in a long time, tbh, and the QB play is a big reason..

College coaches don't teach qb's how to play in the pocket anymore. It's all read option gimmick bull . Lol its gotten so out of hand that even wide receivers could play qb in college and win

Injuries are also making this season and qb play suck. Imagine the cowboys and Steelers with a healthy Romo and big rape?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    rrrrright... three of the "top" 4 black qbs are among the 6 most sacked qbs in the league, the one remaining is really not known for evading pass rush. The pass per game is absolutely dominated by white qbs, more than the first 20 are all white. not sure what you consider mariota though.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Black QBs have always been prevalent in college football. It's not a new phenomenon rookie.
    ^

Avante is the worst historian I've ever seen. My dream is to have Quincy Carter steal his computer to sell for drugs

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The bottom line is this....

The HS/college game is played differently. There it's not about standing tall in the pocket. Why ignore the huge % of QB's playing HS/college ball that are black? So it doesn't matter what the NFL wants. Their QB's come from the HS game.

Why I have to tell you guys this, ????

How many times last night did Taylors legs save him? Now think~!

Like I mentioned there was a time we had white cornerbacks and RB's, so what happened to them?

Look at Shady McCoy run, white guys simply don't possess that kind of speed/quicks/wiggle, we all know this, how obvious does it have to be? The QB position needs a better athlete back there, their speed becomes another weapon. The HS 's know this.

Think about a defensive cordinator preparing for Eli Manning, no worries at all about him hurting you with his legs, that will not happen. A whole different deal trying to defend Russell Wilson, think about that.

Look at how many black QB 's have played in the NCAA le game lately, been in the Heisman race, have played in SB's.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-24-2015 at 11:34 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

The HS/college game is played differently. There it's not about standing tall in the pocket. Why ignore the huge % of QB's playing HS/college ball that are black? So it doesn't matter what the NFL wants. Their QB's come from the HS game.

How many times last night did Taylors legs save him? Now think~!

Like I mentioned there was a time we had white cornerbacks and RB's, so what happened to them?

Look at Shady McCoy run, white guys simply don't possess that kind of speed/quicks/wiggle, we all know this, how obvious does it have to be? The QB position needs a better athlete back there, their speed becomes another weapon. The HS 's know this.

Think about a defensive cordinator preparing for Eli Manning, no worries at all about him hurting you with his legs, that will not happen. A whole different deal trying to defend Russell Wilson, think about that.

Look at how many black QB 's have played in the NCAA le game lately, been in the Heisman race, have played in SB's.
    Shut up dumbass.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

what exactly is that huge %? Give a number, expert.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tell us all again about how the Saints are a playoff team, hahaha!!!!!! ing idiot~

Why ignore the facts re ?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ONE MORE TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did all the white cornerbacks/RB's go?

WELL?????????

Those Lombardi Packers teams had Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung their starting backs, that Colts team that lost to the Jets had Tom Matte and Jerry Hill, white backs. So what happened to that, well?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    what exactly is that huge %? Give a number, expert.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Tell us all again about how the Saints are a playoff team, hahaha!!!!!! ing idiot~

Why ignore the facts re ?
    You're ignoring the facts of how the college game has always had an abundant of black QBs and the schools you mentioned have had black QBs the last ten years who haven't done anything in the pros. And you fail to mention how awful the QB play is in today's NFL due to lack of development in the college game because of gimmicky QBs running gimmicky offenses. Look at how guys like Kaep, RGIII, and others have flamed out the last few years.

Thread Information