Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Arizona sees your team's ace (Kershaw and Bumgarner) and raises you Greinke and Shelby Miller.

It sees your mediocre hitting and raises you two top-5 MVP candidates and three more All-Star potential position players under 30.

It sees your average defense and raises you multiple Gold Glovers and multiple more in the top-5 for defenders at their position.

Gonna be interesting this year.

Maybe this is San Diego of last season? But for a team once run into the ground by Kevin Towers where every star aside from Goldschmidt was traded, it's exciting to see them acquire actual stars.

Maybe this is them gutting their farm system and sacrificing the future on the immediate? But considering Goldschmidt, Pollock and Peralta are in their prime at 30 or under, and they have several pro-level sub-27-year-olds in Lamb, Owings, Ahmed, Drury, O'Brien, Brito plus young pitchers like Bradley, Shipley, Etc. I'm not sure it's quite that bad.

What I know is this:

Greinke
    Miller
    Corbin
    Ray
    De La Rosa/Bradley/Anderson

That's elite level starters. Those top-3 are incredible. The fight for 4/5 is going to be nuts once Bradley/Ray hit their stride. At times each was the Diamondbacks best pitcher for a string of starts.

They need some bullpen fixes, but have elite arms in system to build from within.

Gonna miss Ender Inciarte, but holy cow, it's been years since I felt this team had a plan in place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know det feel; even though it never really got going it was nice seeing the Padres trying to win. Hope it works out better for y'all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The three good pitchers can pitch deep and make bullpen better

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Seems like Diamondbacks will make a serious play for native son, Mike Leake, then likely trade young starters like De La Rosa or Ray for an elite bullpen arm or two.

Hopefully they make money work. That'd be cool.

Said to be interested in Brandon Phillips, too. Likely take Hill/Prospects to get him. Maybe Hill/Owings/Helickson/De La Rosa for Phillips and a releiver.

I'd like to see if Ray has makeup for Closer.

Wouldn't mind seeing Parra again, but that's probably unrealistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want them to keep Corbin and Bradley
    Parra maybe as lead off but he is much better everyday player

Thread Information