My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Based on strength of schedule and margin of victory, Pro-Football Reference has its overall ratings for best teams (SRS), best offenses (OSRS), and best defenses (DSRS).

0.0 is the average mark.

AFC

Top 5 offenses (OSRS)

1. Pats - 7.9
    2. Chiefs - 6.0
    3. Bengals - 4.8
    4. Steelers - 3.4
    5. Raiders - 1.7

Top 5 Defenses (DSRS)

1. Bengals - 7.5
    2. Broncos - 6.9
    3. Steelers - 4.2
    4. Chiefs - 3.6
    5. Jets - 1.8

Top 5 teams (SRS) = OSRS + DSRS

1. Bengals - 12.3
    2. Chiefs - 9.6
    3. Pats - 9.4
    4. Steelers - 7.6
    5. Broncos - 6.2

NFC

Top 5 Offenses (OSRS)

1. Cardinals - 8.9
    2. Panthers - 5.9
    3. Seahawks - 4.5
    4. Packers - 2.4
    5. Giants - 1.6

Top 5 Defenses (DSRS)

1. Vikings - 4.0
    2. Seahawks - 3.8
    3. Packers - 3.1
    4. Rams - 3.1
    5. Cards - 2.5

Top 5 Teams (SRS) = OSRS + DSRS

1. Cards - 11.3
    2. Seahawks - 8.3
    3. Panthers - 7.5
    4. Packers - 5.5
    5. Vikings - 1.8

NFL

Top 5 Offenses (OSRS)

1. Cards - 8.9
    2. Pats - 7.9
    3. Chiefs - 6.0
    4. Panthers - 5.9
    5. Bengals - 4.8

Top 5 Defenses (DSRS)

1. Bengals - 7.5
    2. Broncos - 6.9
    3. Steelers - 4.2
    4. Vikings - 4.0
    5. Seahwaks - 3.8

Top 5 Teams (SRS) = OSRS + DSRS

1. Bengals - 12.3
    2. Cards - 11.3
    3. Chiefs - 9.6
    4. Pats - 9.4
    5. Seahawks - 8.4

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As we have seen there has been some ebb and flo. Teams starting out hot then fading others now coming on, thats why season long stats mean little. You want to just dump the first 4 weeks, what happened back then means little.

The best teams from week five until now...

1.Panthers
    2.Cards
    3.Bengals
    4.Broncos
    5.Pats
    6.Seahawks
    7.Chiefs
    8.Steelers

Then ya can start debating the rest.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    As we have seen there has been some ebb and flo. Teams starting out hot then fading others now coming on, thats why season long stats mean little. You want to just dump the first 4 weeks, what happened back then means little.

The best teams from week five until now...

1.Panthers
    2.Cards
    3.Bengals
    4.Broncos
    5.Pats
    6.Seahawks
    7.Chiefs
    8.Steelers

Then ya can start debating the rest.
    There's been ebb and flow from week 5 as well fatass.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There's been ebb and flow from week 5 as well fatass.
    Look at the top teams up to week five got, ok? Now look at them from week 5 on?

Seattle 2-2
    Atlanta 4-0
    Green Bay 4-0
    KC 1-3

Need I go on little fella?

Actually ya never want to put much into anything 8 weeks ago in an NFL season. The good teams start reving it up after turkey day, for that playoff run. To factor in Sept makes no sense.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-13-2015 at 10:53 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Look at the top teams up to week five got, ok? Now look at them from week 5 on?

Seattle 2-2
    Atlanta 4-0
    Green By 4-0
    KC 1-3

Need I go on little fella?
    Still an ebb and flow from week 5 lardo. Seattle has just recently gotten hot. Really, your comment would be more accurate from week 8 fatso.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Still an ebb and flow from week 5 lardo. Seattle has just recently gotten hot. Really, your comment would be more accurate from week 8 fatso.
    As usual ya don't get it, why am I not surprised? You went with the season up there, right? Well ya don't go with stats from those first weeks, ok?

Your Saints started out 1-3, then went 3-1, and then 0-4, now tell me what does Sept have to do with anything?

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    As usual ya don't get it, why am I not surprised? You went with the season up there, right? Well ya don't go with stats from those first weeks, ok?

Your Saints started out 1-3, then went 3-1, and then 0-4, now tell me what does Sept have to do with anything?

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~
    Listen tubbo, the current ratings do reflect which teams are playing well. Look how high the Chiefs and Seahawks are currently despite their early season struggles? They're still rated top 5 teams. Who were the top two teams last season? Pats and Seahawks. Numbers don't lie. By the end of the season, the hottest teams will be rated where they are supposed to. Don't believe me? Go look at the previous seasons.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Listen tubbo, the current ratings do reflect which teams are playing well. Look how high the Chiefs and Seahawks are currently despite their early season struggles? They're still rated top 5 teams. Who were the top two teams last season? Pats and Seahawks. Numbers don't lie. By the end of the season, the hottest teams will be rated where they are supposed to. Don't believe me? Go look at the previous seasons.
    So where were the Panthers in the final top 5?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    So where were the Panthers in the final top 5?
    Last season? Of course not. They beat up on teams with losing records, beat a Cards team with their 4th string QB, and then promptly lost easily at Seattle. They wouldn't have even made the playoffs if their division wasn't so bad.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last season? Of course not. They beat up on teams with losing records, beat a Cards team with their 4th string QB, and then promptly lost easily at Seattle. They wouldn't have even made the playoffs if their division wasn't so bad.
    I was talking about this season, how come they aren't in the top 5? That wasn't obvious, why would I care about last season?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I was talking about this season, how come they aren't in the top 5? That wasn't obvious, why would I care about last season?
    Mostly because of their strength of schedule. It's the 3rd worst in the league. They've played the AFC South and the NFC East, plus the rest of the NFC South is average at best. The big problem with them is their defense hasn't been as good as advertised while their offense is really good which was explemified in the Saints game last week. They're still a really good team and will most likely have homefield which will make them really tough to beat, but they need to shore up things on the defensive side especially against the Cards or the Seahawks who are playing really well offensively.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I was talking about this season, how come they aren't in the top 5?
    Even a dumbass who rarely follows football can look at Carolina's schedule and tell they have feasted on bad teams to pad their record, fat .

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    On paper AZ and Cinci are the best team in each conference, but metrics like the OP don't count things like Andy Dalton's uncertainty in the playoffs. There are also 1-2 teams every year like Carolina that play a lot better than stats say they are, largely why they've murdered the sharp money all year.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Ya, these metrics are pretty in useless if Carolina isn't a top 5 team.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

ya too bad the game is played on the field. And Landry Jones led the Steelers to a win over them on their home turf IIRC

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    pff rankings and "player grades" are and always have been re ed. only useful thing about that site is the unique stats they keep track of

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

ya too bad the game is played on the field. And Landry Jones led the Steelers to a win over them on their home turf IIRC
    You should have read the rest of my post since that was the point.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Even a dumbass who rarely follows football can look at Carolina's schedule and tell they have feasted on bad teams to pad their record, fat .
    Well let's see re , they beat....

Seattle...WC team
    Green Bay...division leader
    Philly...divsion leader
    Houston...division leader
    Indy...divsion leader
    Washington...division leader

...not too bright are ya slugger?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    philly, houston, indy, washington

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    philly, houston, indy, washington
    Those 4 teams have beaten

NE
    Bengals
    Jets
    Broncos

And all of them are in the playoff hunt. Why ignore Seattle/GB?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where were you in my thread with a....nice play....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, another winning week, ha~~~~~~~~~ You're funny little guy.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    No point in ing about schedules this year tbh... not when there's only about 5 or 6 good teams left in the whole league

i'll be floored if the sb winner isn't one of NE, CAR, AZ, SEA, or PITT.

The AFC might be as weak as its ever been...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Those 4 teams have beaten

NE
    Bengals
    Jets
    Broncos

And all of them are in the playoff hunt. Why ignore Seattle/GB?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where were you in my thread with a....nice play....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, another winning week, ha~~~~~~~~~ You're funny little guy.
    i didn't ignore those. when the panthers won those games i was here saying they were crazy impressive. i just found philly/houston/indy/washington as funny examples

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i didn't ignore those. when the panthers won those games i was here saying they were crazy impressive. i just found philly/houston/indy/washington as funny examples
    It is funny isn't it? There ain't a damn thing anyone with even half a brain can say about Newton/RW in 2015, but....WOW~~~~ All the haters can say nothing, not a thing. No more...black QB's can't....or anything because both are playing great. No more....RW has to have BEAST MODE...obviously he doesn't. No more Newton can't do this or that.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Thread Information