Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Great penalty!

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Suicide is definitely the answer you're looking for brah. Things are not gonna get better. I wish i could say i'll miss you but i really won't.

He sad thing is Argentina is going to miss Mascherano more than the midget. I don't even see them getting out of the next WC group

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    I feel bad for the Argies seriously.

Every time they lose, they try to slice and figure out the problem or point out to someone, but at this point I think it's just a "mufa pecho frio" generation with Messi as the leader. Messi in the NT isn't half as good as he is with Barcelona. Hard to argue against it at this point. We've been watching football for the last 10 years. Messi dominates in Barça and looks average with the NT.

500 goals in Europe but can't score a single one in 3 straight Finals, losing against a less talented Chile twice. 3 WCs, scoreless in 2010 and not a single goal in the knock-off stage in 3 editions. Argentina carried by the defense in 2014 .

You can change the coach, change the system and some players, but there isn't much else to do if the best player in the world can't perform with the NT. It's 10 years of constant excuses for failures and underperforming tournaments. I think Argies have had enough at this point.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Well, wish I could say I was surprised.
    Chile was wasting time 10 minutes into the game, Jara gave his gift opportunity for higuain to waste, a weak 2ND yellow for Diaz who is one of chile's most important players, table was set for a blow out... Instead, everybody chokes. Martino is the most responsible for fielding a team with no creators, useless finishers and sidebacks who are useless on offense and pathetic scared subs (game ended with the di Maria / kranevitter sub, what a ing pussy). Messi was good, probably should have drawn more cards/free kicks but he was trying to do everything by himself and made several mistakes (bad fk,pk; getting caught up in drawing fouls instead of playing through them which has always been his best quality). Blow it up and reset, this generation is done.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Forgot to say Mascherano is the only guy who performed like a final but he is too old to continue just let him go

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I feel bad for the Argies seriously.

Every time they lose, they try to slice and figure out the problem or point out to someone, but at this point I think it's just a "mufa pecho frio" generation with Messi as the leader. Messi in the NT isn't half as good as he is with Barcelona. Hard to argue against it at this point. We've been watching football for the last 10 years. Messi dominates in Barça and looks average with the NT.

500 goals in Europe but can't score a single one in 3 straight Finals, losing against a less talented Chile twice. 3 WCs, scoreless in 2010 and not a single goal in the knock-off stage in 3 editions. Argentina carried by the defense in 2014 .

You can change the coach, change the system and some players, but there isn't much else to do if the best player in the world can't perform with the NT. It's 10 years of constant excuses for failures and underperforming tournaments. I think Argies have had enough at this point.
    i dont think he score many goals in the last 3-5 clasico matches also, someone know?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    We're the new Lakerfan/Uruguayfan, tbh.... living in the past...

Veteran
    Post Count
    En su puta vida Maradona jugo una final como jugo Messi hoy.
    Equating 80s Germany to 2010s Chile

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Equating 80s Germany to 2010s Chile

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    sons I got home and watched the game. notes:

- ref that would get lynched in europe.
    - both teams were undisciplined, ugly pointless tackles.
    - missi missed penaldo ... this will remain on his legacy big time tbh.
    - piguain missed 1v1 with the keeper smh sons
    - rojo couldn't keep his cool in a ing final
    - argentina played down to compe ion because they can't handle pressing teams, it's like their midfield is non-existent. I said the same thing at the last WC but my argie nigs don't want to hear none of that tbh.
    - argentina is overrated imo, folded to easily 2 times in a row against the same style. a talented team but one that can't adapt.
    - chile will get overrated now, they are a quite average side.

an underwhelming, tactically mundane game where the better TEAM won again. game set blouses s.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

- argentina played down to compe ion because they can't handle pressing teams, it's like their midfield is non-existent. I said the same thing at the last WC but my argie nigs don't want to hear none of that tbh.
    - argentina is overrated imo, folded to easily 2 times in a row against the same style. a talented team but one that can't adapt.

an underwhelming, tactically mundane game where the better TEAM won again. game set blouses s.
    Tactically, it was another fest Final again. Playing scared. smh...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son accept it, you got lucky at the world cup, each time argentina meets a team that presses the ball they are in trouble. That's why I have been saying you get better (albeit boring) football in europe, everybody tries to press and defend. Chile was the first team you encountered at this copa that pressed the ball with any kind of organization, which lead to a drought of chances. 0-0 and penaldos, euro style. you still got a shot in '18 and at the next copa, after that it's gonna be tough times for argentina.
    The are you talking about?

In the WC we got to the final playing a bunch of Euros that just sit on their half of the pitch and did a lot of staring and you are trying to sell me Europe?

We got lucky allright, lucky of playing a lot of generic Europeans teams. It was like playing the same team over and over again 'till we got to the final.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The are you talking about?

In the WC we got to the final playing a bunch of Euros that just sit on their half of the pitch and did a lot of staring and you are trying to sell me Europe?

We got lucky allright, lucky of playing a lot of generic Europeans teams. It was like playing the same team over and over again 'till we got to the final.
    you could've played germany/france/chile before the finals .. those would've been bad matchups .. I'm not saying lucky because you beat the netherlands and belgium, I'm saying lucky because if a team truly presses this argentina squad your team can't create because it doesn't have a true midfield. I'm saying lucky because you need to adapt as a team to be a true contender. We played a snorefest against argentina trying to deny the counterattack, we played a rapefest against a no-defense brazil, we played a tough tactical game against a physical french team ... adaptability or total dominance is the key to contending.

Argentina got lucky because they can be speculated by some systems, to which they'd lack a consistent answer.

And imo that netherlands side is getting underrated here : excellent attacking players, a big physical tough to beat defense and the capacity to play a great counter, great set pieces and some possession game .. makes for a less spectacular but solid against all types of football type of team. Imo you are greatly underrating the tactical aspect of the game, it's a team game after all.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Tactically, it was another fest Final again. Playing scared. smh...
    they played scared because they know they have no answer to chile's game. that's why these games (vs germany, vs chile) turn into messi playing savior, which isn't a reliable strategy against strong compe ion. and that's why I keep repeating myself that the copa is overrated even if it is more spectacular and fun to watch, it lacks tactical quality.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    man messi got are salty....reminds me of that other kent pele...counting all these goals from nowhere part of his total for career...what a fkn joke ass player,

ppl only interested in trophies, not fkn goals u padded against scrub teams no name tournaments

messi leading goal scorer for barca and nt, but wheres the elusive trophy wc or winning something with the nt worth talkin about

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    you could've played germany/france/chile before the finals .. those would've been bad matchups .. I'm not saying lucky because you beat the netherlands and belgium, I'm saying lucky because if a team truly presses this argentina squad your team can't create because it doesn't have a true midfield. I'm saying lucky because you need to adapt as a team to be a true contender. We played a snorefest against argentina trying to deny the counterattack, we played a rapefest against a no-defense brazil, we played a tough tactical game against a physical french team ... adaptability or total dominance is the key to contending.

Argentina got lucky because they can be speculated by some systems, to which they'd lack a consistent answer.

And imo that netherlands side is getting underrated here : excellent attacking players, a big physical tough to beat defense and the capacity to play a great counter, great set pieces and some possession game .. makes for a less spectacular but solid against all types of football type of team. Imo you are greatly underrating the tactical aspect of the game, it's a team game after all.
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the whole pressing thing. I'm disagreeing with you trying to hype up Europen teams. If there's one thing most European teams don't do is to press. 99% of them just sit back and watch the out of the ball.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Shoot out to my nigg DAF.. he is taking it like a man and no go hiding mode

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Never son. Besides, it's not like I wasn't prepared for this.

it's just one game

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if melting down and blaming everybody but the guy who choked during a penalty shootout is any better.

Certainly is funnier to watch though

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if melting down and blaming everybody but the guy who choked during a penalty shootout is any better.

Certainly is funnier to watch though
    Better than some Lakers fans just showing their face when the sky is clear tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    midget missing a penalty when the chilean guy b4 him also missed, so it is still 0-0, that other kent who missed the penalty...thats on him...

even if messi scored that, it wouldve still went down to the last kick takers if u going by the assumption that blonde argy wanker still missing...

if it went to the last kicker, would that be alexis taking the kick for chile?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the whole pressing thing. I'm disagreeing with you trying to hype up Europen teams. If there's one thing most European teams don't do is to press. 99% of them just sit back and watch the out of the ball.
    Some of the quality teams do press : spain, croatia, germany, france, they did it at this tournament too. Netherlands used to press a lot. But I wasn't saying that pressing is the be-all-end-all .. it's just another tactical tool. In europe pressing isn't that efficient because all teams can play big and mobile up front, so that's why it isn't used obssesively .. except spain sometimes when they are in the mood.

I'm not hyping europe tbh, just pointing out that you can get away with tactical weaknesses in south america, while at a world cup/euro it is harder to do that. ( that bracket again tbh). Imo a lot of big euro teams would press argentina because it's obvious they can't handle it and it throws them off their game (which is very nice tbh ), that's why I have been saying that france/germany/croatia/spain/italy are tough matchups for argentina. Even the poles can press. Belgium isn't one because they aren't a great tactical side and they would expose themselves with pressing and the netherlands won't do it with this slow generation. Portugal are too dumb. England don't understand pressing. I'm just discussing this argentina weakness .. imo if they are left to their game they are a top 1/2 nation.. but no sane coach would allow that.

And imo messi should take some blame, but others (coaching, midfield, rojo, piguain) have much more of it. Misty should've manned up and started going russell westbrook on chile tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count

Pressing isn't the problem, Argentina beat Chile twice in the past months, and for the most part last night they were able to hold onto the ball, and were able to advance more than Chile did against our own press (though the midfield does have too many defensive players and not enough playmakers). That wasn't the main problem last night though, it was just a choke, from higuain screwing up a freebie, rojo and others more worried about fighting than playing, nobody shooting on target the entire 2ND half, the pk, etc etc etc.
    Chile could barely get out of their half in the 1St, though to their credit they realized that Messi was alone in the 2ND and we're able to create some good counters towards the end. In the first half Argentina should have been able to get at least one goal, they didn't because they choked.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Some of the quality teams do press : spain, croatia, germany, france, they did it at this tournament too. Netherlands used to press a lot. But I wasn't saying that pressing is the be-all-end-all .. it's just another tactical tool. In europe pressing isn't that efficient because all teams can play big and mobile up front, so that's why it isn't used obssesively .. except spain sometimes when they are in the mood.

I'm not hyping europe tbh, just pointing out that you can get away with tactical weaknesses in south america, while at a world cup/euro it is harder to do that. ( that bracket again tbh). Imo a lot of big euro teams would press argentina because it's obvious they can't handle it and it throws them off their game (which is very nice tbh ), that's why I have been saying that france/germany/croatia/spain/italy are tough matchups for argentina. Even the poles can press. Belgium isn't one because they aren't a great tactical side and they would expose themselves with pressing and the netherlands won't do it with this slow generation. Portugal are too dumb. England don't understand pressing. I'm just discussing this argentina weakness .. imo if they are left to their game they are a top 1/2 nation.. but no sane coach would allow that.

And imo messi should take some blame, but others (coaching, midfield, rojo, piguain) have much more of it. Misty should've manned up and started going russell westbrook on chile tbh.
    With the exception of Germany, and maybe Spain, there's not a single team I fear from Europe, tbh. 2nd tier Europeans are the easiest rivals for Argentina. They just sit back and wait for the inevitable to happen (Argentina winning sooner or later). They don't press, they don't counterattack, heck they don't even hit you. 2nd tier teams from South America are a lot harder for us, they play us without fear and if they need to get dirty they will do it.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Pressing isn't the problem, Argentina beat Chile twice in the past months, and for the most part last night they were able to hold onto the ball, and were able to advance more than Chile did against our own press (though the midfield does have too many defensive players and not enough playmakers). That wasn't the main problem last night though, it was just a choke, from higuain screwing up a freebie, rojo and others more worried about fighting than playing, nobody shooting on target the entire 2ND half, the pk, etc etc etc.
    Chile could barely get out of their half in the 1St, though to their credit they realized that Messi was alone in the 2ND and we're able to create some good counters towards the end. In the first half Argentina should have been able to get at least one goal, they didn't because they choked.
    my point was based on the two weaknesses in argentina's game:
    1. they can't easily adapt to not playing their game, even if they held the ball and advanced more, they didn't move normally, it was a frustrating performance imo, and it started with tactical inadaptability.
    2. which leads us to the second weakness .. mentally. They get frustrated really fast if they are the favorite but can't play their game, thus if they are constantly contested they have a tendency to shrink and choke ... it's very similar to the warriors imo.

if one of those is activated the other is too. that's a classical self destruct tendency. so imo they didn't just choke.

Thread Information