Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interested to watch Gary Payton II today. With a such a PG heavy league having an antheletic, defensive PG is key.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Interested to watch Gary Payton II today. With a such a PG heavy league having an antheletic, defensive PG is key.
    19(9/17)/6/4/4 (1 TO), Glad the Beavers got bounced in the 1st rd before GPII got any national coverage ala George Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas Walkup, Gary Payton II, Domantas Sabonis

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Zimmerman, Melo Trimble, AJ Hammons

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    19(9/17)/6/4/4 (1 TO), Glad the Beavers got bounced in the 1st rd before GPII got any national coverage ala George Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know but I doubt it. He will be 27 yrs old next season and he's had some nice stats but he's been in and out of the rotation and his credibility as a shooter can be questioned since he's been such a reluctant shooter to begin with. I suppose it's possible for a very low draft pick but it might not even be worth it in that case if the pick is too low, like the one we gave up for Ray Mac (top 55 protected that we'll give up bc we are bound to pick 59-60 in the 2nd round anyways.)

I still maintain that he's a nice partner for Anderson, who needs a more athletic wing to be the recipient for all the opportunities he can create or will eventually be able to create for him, but for Simmons to be viable he needs to play off others, so in a way he is probably very vested and dependent on Anderson's development in the Spurs taking off next season if Manu retires bc they complement each other's games very well.

I actually think that is a big reason why Simmons wasn't cut even when he hasn't been playing too well. On the one hand, even if he has a limited ceiling as an energy guy if he cleans up his mistakes and his role is limited he can be a rotation player taking advantages of opportunities created by others. As a second factor, if you believe in Kyle Anderson's development you can project that the two guys can play well together.

If Anderson cannot be that guy though, or needs more time, then all of a sudden you need a better prospect, which is why I think we should get a second prospect in the draft to compete with him anyways and push him. It's worked out in the past for the Spurs to have several guard prospects from which one or two rotation players may emerge.

Maybe Chinook or someone else can add considering the possibility of giving up Simmons+ a foreign prospect for a higher level drat pick.
    I still believe Simmons will come around and become a rotation player. In addition to complementing Kyle (and vice versa), he works well with Kawhi. People tend to overlook the fact that when he was catching everybody's eye he and Kawhi were working well together.

BUT if Simmons has any trade value to us, I believe it is in a package with our late first round pick to move up a few spots to grab a player that has fallen. We need more immediate help than we are apt to get out of our late first and a mid second round pick.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PGs projected for the late 1st ( or later) seem like the biggest plus area of the draft going by the difference between their stats rank and projected position. Different stats systems and big boards will order differently, though looking at ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...al-projections

Fred van Fleet: #1 stats, #62 Big Board,
    Wade Baldwin: #6 stats, #17 Big Board
    Tyler Ulis: #11 stats, #22 big board
    Gary Payton Jr: #4 stats, #42 Big Board
    Monte Morris: #9 stats, # 46 big board

My lazy predictor of Spurs draft picks over recent years is long for position, and a stats pick. That knocks out Ulis, though the others all seem like options.

Other good stats, low big board guys on that list are Boucher (Oregon), Warney (Stony Brook) Hart (Villanova), Patrick McCaw (UNLV) and Tyler Davis (A&M).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

Thomas Walkup is an incredibly unique, versatile player. Great for him to get this platform to showcase his skills. Feel is off the charts.

Bobby Marks Verified account ‏@BobbyMarks42 Bobby Marks Retweeted Jonathan Givony
    The one thing (among many) that stand out is the high release on his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PGs projected for the late 1st ( or later) seem like the biggest plus area of the draft going by the difference between their stats rank and projected position. Different stats systems and big boards will order differently, though looking at ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...al-projections

Fred van Fleet: #1 stats, #62 Big Board,
    Wade Baldwin: #6 stats, #17 Big Board
    Tyler Ulis: #11 stats, #22 big board
    Monte Morris: #9 stats, # 46 big board

My lazy predictor of Spurs draft picks over recent years is long for position, and a stats pick. That knocks out Ulis, though the others all seem like options.

Other good stats, low big board guys on that list are Boucher (Oregon), Warney (Stony Brook) Hart (Villanova), Patrick McCaw (UNLV) and Tyler Davis (A&M).
    Although he is listed as a SG, I project Malcolm Brogdon as a combo guard. ACC Player of the Year, DPOY, great leadership skills and very good ball handling skill for a SG. His 3-point shooting has improved every year. Talk about the perfect Spur! What kind of stats and Big Board slots do you have for him?

I also like Wade Baldwin - very good BBIQ.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Thomas Walkup is an incredibly unique, versatile player. Great for him to get this platform to showcase his skills. Feel is off the charts.
    White Gary Neal

Although he is listed as a SG, I project Malcolm Brogdon as a combo guard. ACC Player of the Year, DPOY, great leadership skills and very good ball handling skill for a SG. His 3-point shooting has improved every year. Talk about the perfect Spur! What kind of stats and Big Board slots do you have for him?

I also like Wade Baldwin - very good BBIQ.
    Although he plays as a combo guard in college, Brogdon doesn't have the foot-speed to check NBA point guards & Baldwin doesn't have the ball handling skills to play point in the NBA.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 03-21-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Georges Niang not in any of these mock drafts, such as Draft Express?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just added 10 new profiles for guys in this draft. If there are other guys you want to take about, make a thread (following the format if you could) or just request it here, and I'll get to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just added 10 new profiles for guys in this draft. If there are other guys you want to take about, make a thread (following the format if you could) or just request it here, and I'll get to it.
    To follow up with this, I ended up making a thread for every prospect I saw mentioned in this thread. We have 44 prospects covered so far. If there are others you want, just notify me or something (or make a thread yourself for my approval). Make sure you check the prospect index for this year before requesting or making a new thread. There are many players we haven't covered, but everyone we've discussed so far has been taken care of, so it's very possible you can find your man by just checking by his last name.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Chinook for all you do appreciate it!!...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres going to be so many players enter the draft this year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be a very deep draft. The Spurs can get some talent to contribute right away or they can roll the dice on more potential and do draft and stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to be a very deep draft. The Spurs can get some talent to contribute right away or they can roll the dice on more potential and do draft and stash.
    I may vomit if they draft and stash again. There's just too much talent at positions of need for them to pass it up to save money. The Spurs will have their pick of five or six guys who could theoretically help them at 29. Insane.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree they are a lot of good bigs that are going to start pushing their way up to the first round. So I see some very good PG and SG falling within our pick.

Not to sure if the Spurs want to replace Manu position with a rookie? So I am thinking PG or Big. But with RC you never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he be better than Patrick beverly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Vezenkov ? is he eligible ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Vezenkov ? is he eligible ?
    Would you (and everyone else) please put people's full names if you want threads on them? I have no idea who that guy is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Vezenkov-6429/

He is only eligible to be drafted if he enters his name. Seeing how he hasn't really played that much for Barcelona this season it's unlikely that it happens though. I don't think an unathletic tweener like him would do too well in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry my bad.. and thanks Jyra for the info, I thought he was better lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Would he be better than Patrick beverly?
    I guess you could say he's bigger a Patrick Beverley w/ Simmons type athleticism. Beverley isn't a great finisher but is a better spot-up shooter; GPII is like CoJo on offense. Overall, best comparison is Avery Bradley w/ CoJo's shooting touch/range.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 04-01-2016 at 01:54 AM.

Thread Information