Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Tiago reached that level after 3 seasons with the Spurs.... We'll see how Boban's is doing after a similar stretch with more corporate knowledge
    Boban could put up Nikola Peković type numbers if he was playing for a lotto team, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boban is literally scaring the bigs on the other team. They don't know what to do with him. He's tossing them around like a kid brother.
    Gorgui Dieng is a good sized center, but I kept getting confused about who he was because he looked like a small forward next to Boban. My gut reaction was, "Oh, look, they switched and Boban has a little guy on him!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gorgui Dieng is a good sized center, but I kept getting confused about who he was because he looked like a small forward next to Boban. My gut reaction was, "Oh, look, they switched and Boban has a little guy on him!"
    my brother, who follows the NBA fairly closely, was like, "Is that Luol"?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By a mile offensively. On defense, however...
    I disagree. He has length to recover, he's surprisingly quick for a guy his size, and he's very smart. He could give Danny Green a lesson about how to challenge shots on the perimeter without getting out of position.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban has his limitations on defense if he gets too far from the basket. Right at the basket, though, he's a menacing wall of doom. Gorgui Dieng would have scored on ter on that 2nd quarter play instead of being forced into a losing jump ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, Melvin Ely = Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, LMA replaced ter & Boban replaced Baynes. We all have to agree that they both have been upgrades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are better than Aldridge's soft ass play at the moment.
    Agree. Why compare with another player that's not on the team anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobans potential greater than Yao Mings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scouted as the next Barkley but instead got Brandon Bass Lite.... With Brandon Bass on the same roster
    Ouch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago was great at PnR defense and rolling to the basket, but he was a timid finisher, injured frequently, and didn't intimidate anyone but small guards.

Boban is literally scaring the bigs on the other team. They don't know what to do with him. He's tossing them around like a kid brother. He's an outstanding finisher. Great on the glass. Swift passer. A bit clunky on D in some situations but a solid shot blocker.

We talk about whether he's better than West? IMO it's clear he's better than West. West is an average PF in the league.

I'm curious if Boban is better than Aldridge. I don't say that to slam Aldridge either. Boban is just that impressive.
    Lately, Aldridge soft play hasn't been winning any fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge feeds off Tim Duncan. When TD is out and we're not playing the Sixers, LMA is ineffective

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Aldridge has been playing soft or any of that crap. He's in the same situation Bosh was in Miami--having to adjust from being a borderline lottery centerpiece to a member of a championship team.

I think Boban is a Yao Ming caliber and style of player. More of a stout tree big than a lanky big. Demands a double team. Great shooter.

The announcers act like the fans are mocking Boban when he comes in, but we simply recognize he's a special talent that forces everyone on the floor to adjust and account. Until teams find a way to counter him he'll continue to be one of the most exciting aspects of Spurs games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono not commenting not to start an Argentina vs. Brazil controversy? Brazil Spin this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Boban, you just can't teach that kind of size. But he will need at least a season to earn respect from the refs, etc.

He clearly has much more upside than Tiago, who was solid, but limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC Buford has that executive of the year award locked up, tbh..i don't know anybody else who is even close..not even Curry MVP is that sure..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Aldridge has been playing soft or any of that crap. He's in the same situation Bosh was in Miami--having to adjust from being a borderline lottery centerpiece to a member of a championship team.
    Then how come David West has made the adjustments and Aldridge can't?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely exceeded my expectations which was for him to be at least as good as Baynes. Even though Splitter was injury prone he was effective for the spurs from 2011-2014. The Spurs had 3 deep playoff runs with Splitter being a major part of the cog. I won't stay Boban is better then '11-'14 Splitter yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks better than I thought he would by a country mile but I still doubt his skill set against the elite teams we have to go through. We will see what pop thinks and if his size can negate some of he disadvantages a small lineup will cause him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks better than I thought he would by a country mile but I still doubt his skill set against the elite teams we have to go through. We will see what pop thinks and if his size can negate some of he disadvantages a small lineup will cause him.
    Gorgui Dieng is a 6'11" athletic center. He was been pushed around like a rag doll by Boban. In one play, Boban just ripped the ball from his hands and slam dunked the ball.

Too bad I have not seen Boban play against Andre Jordan or Dwight Howard. Also, looking forward to see how D.Green at 6'7" will play against him.

He made life miserable against Gortat (last week's Eastern Conference player of the week).
    Last edited by ceperez; 12-29-2015 at 03:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Boban's D were anything close to Splitter's this would be a relevant discussion. Splitter was also one of the best PNR guys in the league. Just sucked he couldn't stay healthy.
    /thread

Silly rookies

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, Melvin Ely = Kawhi?
    Lettuce proceed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono not commenting not to start an Argentina vs. Brazil controversy? Brazil Spin this

what controversy is up to start tbh ?

Thread Information