Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were flat out not the best team at the tournament....

Results:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketb...s_tou rnament

Why do you think this team struggled so much? Clearly international compe ion had improved but aside from that....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were a group of indians without a chief. Timmy is just a yes man and AI was in it for personal glory, nobody there earned respect from his peers like gold medalists such as Kobe, Shaq and Jordan.

Honestly, Timmy's failure to play out of pop's system and lead a team still stains the legacy of team usa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...because Manu rocked the boat!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were a group of indians without a chief. Timmy is just a yes man and AI was in it for personal glory, nobody there earned respect from his peers like gold medalists such as Kobe, Shaq and Jordan.

Honestly, Timmy's failure to play out of pop's system and lead a team still stains the legacy of team usa.
    I'm a little uncomfortable putting all the blame on Tim Duncan. However a prime Duncan should have willed Team USA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To this day, Jim quitting on his country and never donning the US uniform again still is one of the most disgraceful and made acts in basketball history.

Jim knew his limitations though and recognized he wasn't outside of Pop's system.

Spurfan will tell you olympic teams are amateurs who don't stack up against NBA level talent. If that's the case, how the did Jim lose against amateurs when his team was so stacked?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

One of the biggest problems is that Duncan never learned how to seal a defender in the post without drawing a whistle...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To this day, Jim quitting on his country and never donning the US uniform again still is one of the most disgraceful and made acts in basketball history.

Jim knew his limitations though and recognized he wasn't outside of Pop's system.

Spurfan will tell you olympic teams are amateurs who don't stack up against NBA level talent. If that's the case, how the did Jim lose against amateurs when his team was so stacked?
    Rumors are that Duncan didn't give it his all and the box scores and indicative of that, he was the best player on the squad yet everyone said that he didn't give a . I know he doesn't consider himself an American but damn if you're on the team at least give it your all.

Lost a lot of respect for Tim in 2004.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm a little uncomfortable putting all the blame on Tim Duncan. However a prime Duncan should have willed Team USA
    Timmy doesn't get all the blame, but he's a major factor.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The disaster of the 2004 Olympics was a reminder that Team USA needs to gather their best to represent ‘Merica on a stage that large. The shame of 2004’s bronze finish compelled players like James, Anthony, Wade and Carlos Boozer to return four years later to try and erase the haunting memory. It also apparently prompted players like Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd to join the team to ensure that this never ever happened again...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The disaster of the 2004 Olympics was a reminder that Team USA needs to gather their best to represent ‘Merica on a stage that large. The shame of 2004’s bronze finish compelled players like James, Anthony, Wade and Carlos Boozer to return four years later to try and erase the haunting memory. It also apparently prompted players like Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd to join the team to ensure that this never ever happened again...
    We've won with college players for decades, the team just needs a good leader and not a spineless system player.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We've won with college players for decades, the team just needs a good leader and not a spineless system player.
    Pop and Tim Only had excuses after the games....

Popovich: Against Argentina, Tim was officiated like he's never going to be officiated in the NBA. There were times he was absolutely knocked to the floor, kicked over, and trampled—and no call?

Tim Duncan (center, Team USA): FIBA sucks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anybody know who all were on det Bronze Medal winning team? Any Laker playas?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Check out this quote from an opposing Aregentina player about Tim Duncan

Graeber: Duncan was on the pavement between two garbage cans, flat on his back. He looked like he was homeless. People had to step around him to pass. He didn't move for a long time. He ended up sitting against the wall between the waste cans, in the dark, with his hands covering his face. He was crying, I think.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sounds like something that cuck would do.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    B/C Kirby was rubbing one out after being turned down by a hotel maid & missed the flight to Greece.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can someone Photoshop this quote for me....

Graeber: Duncan was on the pavement between two garbage cans, flat on his back. He looked like he was homeless. People had to step around him to pass. He didn't move for a long time. He ended up sitting against the wall between the waste cans, in the dark, with his hands covering his face. He was crying, I think.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    B/C Kirby was rubbing one out after being turned down by a hotel maid & missed the flight to Greece.
    True, Kobe would have willed Duncan's homeless looking ass to a gold

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True, Kobe would have willed Duncan's homeless looking ass to a gold
    Like he did the Redeem team as shown in this high def video this is how Backdoor Theodoor should have led in 2004...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tammy s recently had a miscarriage and was suffering the lost of her first child.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anybody know who all were on det Bronze Medal winning team? Any Laker playas?
    No Laker playas....just Betas

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Notice how Timothy refuses to look up...as if we won't notice its him

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Two 's and a gangasta

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mean while two Alphas putting in work....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To Alpha

Thread Information