Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criminal cases against former Gov Rick Snyder and nine other state officials are still live.

Flint water prosecutors asked the Michigan Supreme Court to keep their criminal cases against nine former government officials afloat on Wednesday, May 4, defending their use of a one-person grand jury to issue indictments in the cases more than a year ago.

Justices heard arguments from attorneys for former Gov. Rick Snyder and others Wednesday, contending they were denied their cons utional rights when a single grand juror indicted them, and an attorney for former Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Director Nick Lyon went a step further.

Former state Solicitor General John Bursch said the charges must be dismissed because the state Cons ution prohibits a single grand juror from both investigating and charging the officials with crimes.

Citizen grand juries are rarely utilized in Michigan and the use of a one-person grand jury, as was done in Flint, is even rarer, attorneys for those charged with water crisis crimes have said.

Genesee Circuit Judge David J. Newblatt served as the one-judge grand jury in the water crisis cases and heard testimony throughout 2020 before issuing indictments against Snyder and eight others in January 2021.
    https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/202...ter-cases.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan Supreme Court throws out indictments

A judge had no authority to issue indictments in the Flint water scandal, the Michigan Supreme Court said Tuesday in an extraordinary decision that wipes out charges against former Gov. Rick Snyder, his health director and seven other people.

It’s an astonishing defeat for Attorney General Dana Nessel, who took office in 2019, got rid of a special prosecutor and put together a new team to investigate whether crimes were committed when lead contaminated Flint’s water system in 2014-15.

State laws “authorize a judge to investigate, subpoena witnesses, and issue arrest warrants” as a one-person grand jury, the Supreme Court said.

“But they do not authorize the judge to issue indictments,” the court said in a 6-0 opinion.
    https://apnews.com/article/health-cr...a40c5d663620eb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While weekly bottled water donations have ended for citizens of Flint, Michigan, according to city officials, the water crisis there is ongoing.

Health officials are urging residents to continue to use faucet filters certified to remove lead until the residential lead service line replacement is completed.

The residential lead service line replacement was initially set to be finished in 2019, according to a settlement agreement with the city. That deadline was eventually pushed back to the fall of 2022 and has most recently been set for completion in August 2023, according to city officials.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/flint-resi...onations/story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twenty-four samples returned lead levels higher than 15 ppb, the threshold for remediation and action for water suppliers − not schools, individual homes or private businesses − based on the federal Lead and Copper Rule. Some of those samples were as high as 140 ppb, like a flush sample taken on Dec. 22 at JM Clayton Elementary, according to the state data dashboard.
    https://www.delawareonline.com/story...g/69825579007/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist Repugs escape

Judge approves $600 million settlement over Flint water crisis

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/3910886-judge-approves-600-million-settlement-over-flint-water-crisis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (hamster fart)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a pathetic perversion of justice.

And people wonder why some people have nothing to do with politics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people complain about "necro threads," but what's really necrotic is attention and memory wandering away from persistent problems that hurt and kill people.

when people stop paying attention, underlying problems don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality is that which, when you wish it gone, doesn't go away.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Reality is that which, when you wish it gone, doesn't go away.
    ...or, in other words...President Trump.

tee, hee.

Thread Information