Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Only one game, but Cleveland looked better in the finals without Love.
    Only one game? The Spurs/Blazers run a train on Love BEFORE the Warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love was actually pretty underrated in Minnesota, tbh..his last year there was pretty ridiculous + they were a top 10 team in the league..

He was also much better defensively, according to most metrics, particularly due to his rebounding..it's probably mostly mental IMO..either change of role contributing to his lazyness, or pressure playing more intense/contending basketball..

Still, though, White American basketball players..this isn't the 80s..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is not a net positive player, at this point, too, though..he's a nice prospect, but he's currently one of the 5 most overrated players in the NBA, a poor man's Demar Derozan..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Love was actually pretty underrated in Minnesota, tbh..his last year there was pretty ridiculous + they were a top 10 team in the league..

He was also much better defensively, according to most metrics, particularly due to his rebounding..it's probably mostly mental IMO..either change of role contributing to his lazyness, or pressure playing more intense/contending basketball..

Still, though, White American basketball players..this isn't the 80s..
    Problem for Love is the glare in Cleveland. Pops and LuKerr are attacking him in PNR. Parker killed him Kiwi killed him and of course Steph committed genocide. I still think Love has value on the right team. For example, on the Spurs he could have a Diaw or West type role with Kiwi and green masking his defense ... on the Dubs he would have Speight's/Lee(last year) role ...but as a main cog not sure his offense is enough right now to offset his defense.

BUT here's the thing he and James agreed this was a good decision ... even though thompson gives you betetr defense and doesnt need the ball. sure he can't shoot but that is what Kyrie and JR Swish are for ..

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just said I didn't know and I don't care. Because I dont agree with premise that whites cant play defense first of all. And I was not aware of his heritage. I did not know he was Italian until someone mentioned it earlier and like I said ...I associated him more with Spanish folks like Pau than pure white like Nowitzki or Stockton. But I admit that is my own ignorance but again ...I dont care about his race ... in case you didnt catch that before.

Thanks for the ancestry 101 lesson, OV
    If the bold is the case then I got the opposite from what you said earlier, and I apologize for misunderstanding it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, LeGM has to be kicking himself for forcing that trade for Love. Now with the max contract (and he got the afterglow year) the Cavs had a load of cap space, even in the expanded salary cap era, tied up in him. They better pray Mitch is receptive to anal probe for Love action (can you say White Mamba) so they can actually field a team that can bring the championship that Cleveland has been whoring so hard for. Wouldn't it be something if LeBron's legacy turns out to be that even the King couldn't bring a championship to Cleveland. That he spent the primest of his prime in Miami and doubled up for South Beach pretties, but nada for the Cleveland hard hats.
    Last edited by buttsR4rebounding; 01-21-2016 at 10:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Love is a tbh. A rich man's David Lee. Some dumbass is going to throw max money at him though, unfortunately.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post6932467

Wasn't really that hard to predict this imo. gots that don't play D are never anywhere near as good as their cute little stats suggest. I'd be a better GM than 90% of the guys who currently hold that job le tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kevin Love is the white Dwight Howard, tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wiggins is not a net positive player, at this point, too, though..he's a nice prospect, but he's currently one of the 5 most overrated players in the NBA, a poor man's Demar Derozan..
    The point was keeping Wiggins & using the savings the sign ANOTHER players (Wiggins would have been taking Jefferson's minutes). They could have had Pau for a bargain but GM Bron DEMANDED Love.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kevin Love is the white Dwight Howard, tbh
    More like David Lee 2.0. If there is any coach that could salvage his career, it's Carlisle.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    No there are worse ones, but not big named ones who make big money on "good" teams. He and James Harden are neck and neck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he was moving back to Cleveland, LeBron won't accept fact that he is getting older and his body will be more suited playing small ball 4 in this new era rather than forcing the issue to be the GOAT from the SF spot on the floor. The Cavs would have been much better with Wiggins starting at the SF focused being a defender first as he learns the rope as a young player, with the team led by Bron & Irving as the main scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What in the was he doing?
    No . Looks like a clip that needs some clown music edited in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Back at it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's bad but its exacerrbated by the fact that Irving is the PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker/Gasol are worse

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's bad but its exacerrbated by the fact that Irving is the PG.
    He is bad
    Shame of it though late in the Finals Steph settled for and or couldnt beat Love when cavs switched pnr late in Game 7 smh. Love actually gave a shot and maybe Steph was injured and or scared of LeBron help on iggy type block. Cost Dubs a chip.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Zach Randolph is worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KLove is a bum, but that time when he boxed Curry in game 7 was the GOAT (for 3 seconds).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most stat padding gots are ty defenders.

Thread Information