My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting insanely high ratings. Who else is planning to pick this up?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Sure, I'll pick this up. I will also play on Impossible and get mad when I utterly fail and get everybody killed 2-3 missions in. Again and again and again.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loved XCOM:EU and EW. played way to many times. but one thing that irked was how the enemy got a free move whether they found you or you found them. this could be overcome by taking it slow and careful, but now the new XCOM has majority of the missions being turn-limited

oh well, definitely going to give it a try after it's patched a couple times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loved XCOM:EU and EW. played way to many times. but one thing that irked was how the enemy got a free move whether they found you or you found them. this could be overcome by taking it slow and careful, but now the new XCOM has majority of the missions being turn-limited

oh well, definitely going to give it a try after it's patched a couple times
    The balance to this is the ambush mechanic where you can be in stealth and get a free attack.. Rangers seem really strong in this game.

I welcome the change. Xcom 1 was fairly easy considering you just had to set up a perimeter and inch forward a few blocks per turn, never straying from cover and having your snipers usually pick off 60%+ of the enemy forces while your entire team is out of danger. Not exactly super awesome tactical decisions to be made there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody cop this? I'm gonna wait on a price drop and pick it up on the PS4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody cop this? I'm gonna wait on a price drop and pick it up on the PS4
    PC exclusive

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The balance to this is the ambush mechanic where you can be in stealth and get a free attack.. Rangers seem really strong in this game.

I welcome the change. Xcom 1 was fairly easy considering you just had to set up a perimeter and inch forward a few blocks per turn, never straying from cover and having your snipers usually pick off 60%+ of the enemy forces while your entire team is out of danger. Not exactly super awesome tactical decisions to be made there.
    well this one is defiantly not more tactical, after the ambush it's still the same thing where you can't move into the fog with any but your first move, only now with a turn limit. AI is terrible, codexes go everywhere and cover is destructible...

XCOM 2 seems short and nothing of consequence ever really happens, you fly around and missions pop up, there is less research, the power creep is in smaller increments and you never really notice your upgrades. (except the war suit and some powered weapons) I preferred the enemies in EW, I preferred the meld and psi upgrade paths of EW.
    The only thing I like better about XCOM 2 is the action cam and maybe the sword: I had one awesome sequence where after splitting 2 codexes they spaced the enemies so that I was able to "reaper" a total of 6 guys, that was pretty much the highlight of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well this one is defiantly not more tactical, after the ambush it's still the same thing where you can't move into the fog with any but your first move, only now with a turn limit. AI is terrible, codexes go everywhere and cover is destructible...

XCOM 2 seems short and nothing of consequence ever really happens, you fly around and missions pop up, there is less research, the power creep is in smaller increments and you never really notice your upgrades. (except the war suit and some powered weapons) I preferred the enemies in EW, I preferred the meld and psi upgrade paths of EW.
    The only thing I like better about XCOM 2 is the action cam and maybe the sword: I had one awesome sequence where after splitting 2 codexes they spaced the enemies so that I was able to "reaper" a total of 6 guys, that was pretty much the highlight of the game.
    Depressing review tbh What did you think of The Burea and Enemy Within? I never played those

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depressing review tbh What did you think of The Burea and Enemy Within? I never played those
    take it with a grain of salt, I almost always despise sequels to games I liked.
    Enemy Within = EW
    never played bureau, not the same type of game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take it with a grain of salt, I almost always despise sequels to games I liked.
    Enemy Within = EW
    never played bureau, not the same type of game
    Definitely buying both at some point. Would you say EW is superior to EU?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely buying both at some point. Would you say EW is superior to EU?
    yeah it's an upgrade, no reason to go back to EU

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last mission was great. I bummed around the planet for as long as possible until I had 2 maxed psi guys and everyone had "superior" equipment. and I need all of it to pull through, would have had a 0% chance to win without mind controlling those archons...

I don't quite follow the story though, I thought XCOM 2 starts with you having lost XCOM, but the ethereals talk about you beating them again, and there is another great enemy that they are scared of, and some other cryptic comments... I suppose they're just setting it up for multiple sequels?

Thread Information