Page 47 of 296 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 7387
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here are Thursday's notes on Texas targets 24/7.

— Texas defensive line coach Brick Haley was in Georgia today and stopped by to see four-star Norcross defensive end Robert Beal. Texas is hanging around in his recruitment and will host him for an unofficial visit this summer.

— Beal wasn’t the only big-time prospect Haley saw in Georgia. He also visited Grayson to check in on five-star cornerback Deangelo Gibbs, who is expected to visit Texas this summer.

— Haley also made his way to Mill Creek while in the Peach State. UT isn’t actively recruiting anyone at Mill Creek, but keep an eye on offensive linemen Tyler Fannin and Jack Franklin.

— Texas defensive coordinator Vance Bedford made a big stop yesterday when he visited both Marvin Wilson and Walker Little at Houston Bellaire Episcopal. Wilson and Little are two of UT’s biggest targets this cycle.

— Today, Bedford stayed in the Houston-area and dropped by FB Elkins to see fast-rising outside linebacker Kenneth Murray, who has notched Baylor, Michigan and Oklahoma offers over the last week.

— Texas assistant Jeff Traylor remained in East Texas and visited some of the smaller schools in the area. He didn’t see any UT recruits but is continuing to develop relationships.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, OL Will Farrar will be visiting UT over Memorial Day weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    hamiltonESPN
    Hearing #Texas made a big move for #ESPN300 & @AllAmericaGame CB Kary Vincent with yesterday's visit.

Orangebloods:

Port Arthur Memorial DB Kary Vincent will run in the UIL State Track meet on Saturday (4X100 and 200M). He came in to Austin on Thursday to swing by the football offices with his father and get some time with Charlie Strong.

"It was actually really great," Vincent said. "It was my first time meeting coach Strong. I got to see a lot of the campus I'd never seen before. We went in depth about me, not as much about Texas, we just talked about me as a player, the recruiting process. Coach Strong is a great guy to talk to and a mentor. I hope to get back there soon."

Vincent's father, who played wide receiver at Texas A&M, also enjoyed the visit, according to Kary.

"They had a great conversation. That was great for me with them being able to connect like that. It was great for me to see," Vincent said.

Vincent will visit LSU next weekend. This weekend, Vincent will have a date set to release his list of favorites, likely a top 10. Expect Texas to make the cut. On his way out of the football fieldhouse, Vincent saw WR Mannie Netherly coming in for his visit with Strong (Netherly is also running in the state meet).

More on Vincent later in the weekend. (Suchomel)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good read on LB Baron Browning:

This kid is a haus and a freak athlete.

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/i...wning-45307501

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com...heading-to-cal

Looks like Cal is gonna pick up Texas Tech grad transfer Davis Webb in time for our matchup this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Possibly a big development at safety.

http://247sports.com/player/mackenro-alexander-16242

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5423804/mackenro-alexander
    Looks like he is a 2016.

Very curious about this now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    EJ Holland: Jeffrey Okudah goes in-depth on recruiting, Texas

It seems like it’s the year of the early enrollee in the state of Texas. Many of the Lone Star State’s elite prospects, including Baron Browning, Anthony Hines, J.K. Dobbins and Sam Ehlinger, will all graduate early and get a head start on their football careers at the next level. And now you can add South Grand Prairie defensive back Jeffrey Okudah to the list. The five-star prospect will enroll early and make a decision before his senior season. “I’m starting to get things ready for early graduation,” Okudah said. “I might make six or seven visits in the summer. Then hopefully, I can make a decision before the start of the season. That’s where it stands right now.”

One of the most sought after prospects in the country, Okudah holds offers from a number of major programs. Schools like Alabama Florida State, Ohio State and Stanford are all squarely in the mix. So where does Texas sit? “Texas is always a school I’m going to consider because of Coach (Charlie) Strong and what he’s doing,” Okudah said. “He’s a great coach, and he’s well respected. I have faith in what they can do with my talent.” Okudah initially left Texas off his Top 10 list but put the Longhorns back on it after their strong recruiting pull last cycle. Okudah made a visit earlier this spring for junior day and didn’t rule out a potential return trip for the summer. “The (coaching staff) really wants me to come back down for a visit,” Okudah said. “Ultimately, they want me to stay in state and help build the program back up.”

Okudah is continuing to build a relationship with new defensive backs coach Clay Jennings and linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary, who recently stopped by to watch him at practice. At 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, Okudah is ranked as the No. 1 safety in the country, but most schools see him as a lockdown cornerback, where he starts at South Grand Prairie. Okudah said he could see himself playing any position in the secondary. “I'm mostly recruited as a corner,” Okudah said. “I’m versatile. I can play all three spots in the secondary — kind of like a Jalen Ramsey. With what me and (personal trainer) Coach (Clay) Mack are trying to do, there is going to be no question what I can play when the time comes.” Okudah will make an unofficial visit to Ohio State next week and hopes to make trips to Clemson, Notre Dame and Michigan this summer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying a highly-ranked prospect that UT has offered will be committing to another school today.

Looks like he is a 2016.

Very curious about this now.
    Twin brother of Clemson DB Mackensie Alexander and former Auburn Tiger. Left with the hiring of Muschamp and has visited both UT and TCU recently. Can play at corner or safety.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying a highly-ranked prospect that UT has offered will be committing to another school today.
    Looks like it will be S Derrick Tucker of Manvel.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from the high school coach of CB Chevin Calloway (Inside Texas):

"Texas is in the mix. It really opened up his eyes when he went to go see Texas for the first time. Every kid grew up remembering Vince Young so they're always aware of Texas. He had the opportunity to go down there and it changed his mindset of what direction the team is headed. He understands they have good defensive coaches who can help him get to the next level. He knows with that staff defense will always be a priority and he likes the degree and alumni base. As a sop re it was all about uniforms and now it's all about finding the right fit. Texas will be a real option for him."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, another 2018 prospect the UT coaches have their eyes on is Chasen Hines of Marshall.

http://247sports.com/Player/Chasen-Hines-92225

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4570420/chasen-hines

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QUICK NOTE ON DERRICK TUCKER (Justin wells)

The Manvel safety committed to Texas A&M this morning. Be prepared for the Aggie spin machine to pit this as a head-to-head win for Kevin Sumlin over Strong and the Longhorns.

But understand one thing; his Texas offer wasn't committable and I'm quite certain it was no longer on the table. So there's that.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, UT has offered ATH Saiid Adebo of Mansfield.

The staff probably likes him at safety.

http://247sports.com/Player/Saiid-Adebo-83549

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3938142/saiid-adebo

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Showtyme also hosting Michigan and Iowa State at Greenhill on June 14th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QB Sam Ehlinger and WR Mannie Netherly

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    rumor

I wouldn't be too excited about Jarrett Allen if I was a KU fan. Sources close to him estimates about a 70% chance he's going to Texas.
    He feels the most comfortable at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    rumor

Rumor or not, this is starting to gain some heat.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB Kary Vincent throwing up the Horns after winning state.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Omar Manning of Lancaster receives an invitation to The Opening.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scout reporting UT is starting to show more interest in DE Ondario Robinson of Hutto.

We haven't heard much about him since last summer.

OU recently offered.

http://247sports.com/Player/Ondario-Robinson-84150

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4151904/ondario-robinson
    Last edited by TFloss32; 05-15-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Thread Information