Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember Kerry ever saying Bush sucks.

And if this many 'democrats' are going so bonkers, imagine that they were once 'normal' but have become bonkers due to the state of our country and it's affairs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did bush ever say "september 11th"?, i cant remember

Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did bush ever say "september 11th"?, i cant remember
    I am sure he did , but made no reference to it prior to September 12, 2001.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the 04 campaign?
    i really cant remember

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Bush platform stands on Morals, Self Responsibility, and Steadfastness in the face of the adversity of the igorant.

The US is at war if you didn't know. 9/11 is a major reason why.

There was also discussions on how to keep taxpayer money in taxpayer hands, social security reform and the fact that Bush stated that he would put NO Litmus test to any judicial nominees. But keep focusing on what you want. I'll just keep turning on the light for you and hopefully, one day, you hatin libs will open your eyes...

NOW, i wish we could go back and discuss Gas Prices, or I wish GW would have a press conference on it, as it is the single most important Financial issue in America right now if you ask me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US is at war if you didn't know. 9/11 is a major reason why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people with the loudest mouths in the political forum are as partisan as it gets. For one group, Bush is the devil and Clinton is God; for the other it's the other way around.

Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people with the loudest mouths in the political forum are as partisan as it gets. For one group, Bush is the devil and Clinton is God; for the other it's the other way around.
    Not true...I think that if people speak out, we have the responsibility to support and defend or raise the BU!!$H!T flag as necessary. I am non partisan...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon smeegs, everyone knows you're satan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one ever said being the president was gonna be fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he'd have to save about 2000 babies to make up for the deaths he's caused
    which deaths do you speak of pimpo?

instead of toungue in cheek comments, lets bring some fact to the table...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's spinchter is so tight if you put a lump of coal up there in six weeks you'd have a diamond.
    [img]http://www.80s.com/saveferris/images/cast/ruck.jpg/[img]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most immediate consequence of the new governing reality for Bush is the growing number of Republicans shedding their fear of publicly challenging the White House. Consider Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.). The conservative senator, a Bush loyalist from day one, in the past week has suggested Bush might be a political liability for him in Pennsylvania and then told a local newspaper that the White House botched the Social Security effort. At private meeting on Capitol Hill this week, John Fund, a conservative columnist for the Wall Street Journal, Rep. Gil Gutknecht (R-Minn.) and others complained about a White House that seems sluggish and way off its game, participants said.
    I thought you had to have sort of a spine to feel fear, , if the Robert's confirmation showed anything, it showed that Republican Congressmen, and even some Democrats, continue to be just a rubber-stamp for the administration. Spector and other Senators may have had their doubts about Robert's lack of candour, but when it came down to vote, they all towed the party line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but I'm certainly not voting for an extremist nutjob.

(Someone needs to remind SW that she's voted for W twice)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And if this many 'democrats' are going so bonkers, imagine that they were once 'normal' but have become bonkers due to the state of our country and it's affairs
    dupe
    Last edited by Nbadan; 09-25-2005 at 04:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bingo. No matter how moderate or conservative a candidate the Democrats put out there, he or she is always gonna be painted, with the broadest brush possible, as the biggest liberal in the world by the Republican spin machine and echo-chamber, and guys like Aggie, Clandestino, Hookdem and all the other closet ditto-heads who don't ever bother to check the facts are gonna eat that up like it's chocolate pudding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(Someone needs to remind SW that she's voted for W twice)

My other options were Gore & Kerry...I was forced into the lesser of the nutjobs with balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a nutjob with balls who would send your preciouse user666 to die in in the blink of a hummingbird's eye if he though it would gain him a hundredth of a percentage point in approval ratings

There is no draft and he'd be too old for it anyway. If, say, my son was 18 it wouldn't really be relevant either because he chose to enlist...and since he was a legal adult I'd have to respect his decision. I may or may not have to like it, but once he's an adult it's not my decision to make...and I certainly wouldn't hold him in contempt for the decision that he made.

As for having balls, well, I'm from the camp that believes that complacency breeds contempt. The more you ignore the attacks terrorists have made on American interests and civilians...the more they will happen, because you're basically telling them that you're a gigantic pussy and they can do whatever they want and not suffer any consequences for it. Like having to kick the bully's ass that keeps stealing your lunch money to get him to stop, because ignoring him or running home to tell mommy only aggrevates the problem. There's a lot more reasoning behind why I feel the way I do...but I have to go get started on the grass before it hits 200 degrees outside.

I don't have any issues with people protesting the war or feeling different about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and it's also funny because kerry, who WAS in vietnam,

....and then turned around and betrayed those he served with. Yes, very admirable.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dubya's "I am hands on, connected guy" BS theatre continues, and is obvious to any sentient beings.

It's too late, dubya, you're ed, the Repubs are ed, your whole legacy is ed.

======================

ad_icon
    Click here for great deals from Dell!
    washingtonpost.com
    Storm and Bush On the Move
    Chief Executive Refashions His Readiness Posture for Rita

By Jim VandeHei and Dan Balz
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Sunday, September 25, 2005; A20

AUSTIN, Sept. 24 -- President Bush was not going to get caught off guard by Hurricane Rita this weekend.

The president who refused to cut short a working vacation three weeks ago to prepare for the fury of Hurricane Katrina was sitting at the U.S. Northern Command post in Colorado on Saturday morning monitoring what had become a more timid storm.

"I've come here," Bush explained, "to watch NORTHCOM in action, to see firsthand the capacity of our military to plan, organize and move equipment to help the people in the affected areas."

Bush's government was on war footing for Rita's arrival: The Pentagon moved 500 active-duty troops to the region and put 27,000 National Guard soldiers on standby. Navy ships were positioned nearby, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, whose performance immediately after Katrina symbolized the federal government's mistakes, sent in helicopters, supplies and rescue teams.

"It comforts me knowing that our federal government is well-organized and well-prepared to deal with Rita," said Bush, who also devoted his weekly radio address to federal preparations for the hurricane.

Bush's posture toward Rita contrasts sharply with the days after Katrina. Then, Bush was preoccupied with Medicare, the Iraq war and getting back to his Crawford, Tex., ranch to finish up a month-long hiatus from the White House. He was seen strumming a guitar at an event in California as New Orleans was filling up with water flowing through breached levees.

It was not until several days after Katrina smashed into New Orleans and destroyed parts of that city that Bush made a serious effort to present a commanding presence over what would become one of the deadliest natural disasters in U.S. history. Eventually, Bush was forced to offer a rare apology for his government's sluggish response to a storm that has left more than 1,000 dead.

When Rita was approaching, the storm appeared to be packing the same fury as Katrina. The White House communications team scrambled to find an appropriate setting for Bush to monitor preparations for the next great storm, initially settling on San Antonio, where search-and-rescue teams were stationed in anticipation of Rita.

But the plan hit a glitch -- the search-and-rescue team needed to get closer to a storm whose path was shifting to the north and east and could not wait for a photo-op with the president. As a result, shortly after Bush had said his stop would not be an inconvenience to preparations, he was forced to scrub the event. Instead, he flew straight to Colorado Springs, where he would monitor the hurricane from the U.S. Northern Command, which is responsible for the defense of the United States.

In the end, Bush was prepared for a storm that, while serious, had lost some of its fury by the time it hit the Gulf Coast. As the president prepared to leave Colorado, Rita had been downgraded to a tropical storm, and residents of cities such as Houston and Galveston were breathing easier after being spared a direct hit. Major damage was elsewhere, and Rita continued to threaten parts of four states with heavy rains and flooding, but when Bush arrived here Saturday afternoon, the weather was sunny and hot.

Whether the president's aggressive approach to Rita can offset damage to his image is a question of vital interest to his advisers, but several analysts said Bush will need more than a good performance with this storm to turn things around.

"There is a tendency for current news to supplant old news, but the hit he took on Katrina, coupled with the hits he's taken on other areas -- the war, Social Security -- is a heavy load for this current hurricane to lift, even if he does really well," said Bruce Buchanan II, professor of government at the University of Texas.

Thomas D. Rath, the Republican national committeeman from New Hampshire, said Rita cannot erase what happened during Katrina, but coming so quickly after the first storm, the second has given Bush an opportunity to show that Katrina was an aberration.

"What they can do is demonstrate they can learn when things didn't go so well, their attention is focused, he's engaged and in the game," Rath said. "The performance to date on this one certainly indicates that. The worst thing that could have happened would have been for it [the sluggish response] to happen again."

Even before Rita made landfall early Saturday, Bush and the federal government were aided by a close working relationship with state and local officials in Texas such as Gov. Rick Perry (R) and Houston Mayor Bill White. For Katrina, the relationship with New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin and Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D) was more acrimonious.

Texas officials appeared well prepared for Rita, despite problems that plagued the evacuation of the Houston area on Thursday, and federal emergency officials showed they, too, had learned the lessons of Katrina.

At an afternoon news conference here, House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) praised Bush. "The president is hands-on and knows what's going on," he said. "The president is a take-charge type of guy."

Paul C. Light, a government professor at New York University, noted the improved performance by FEMA and the readiness of state and local officials in the areas affected by Rita, but said that, because Rita appeared to be less devastating than Katrina, Bush might gain little no matter how effective the response.

"Without being at all insensitive to the damage, this is not the hurricane that would redeem George Bush's standing as a bold leader," he said. "From a political standpoint, I don't think that it helps him very much," he said.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush had a larger purpose for the weekend's events: to spend more time investigating whether Congress should increase the federal role in responding to catastrophes. A decision has not been made, but aides said Bush is moving in that direction.

The president concluded his day by meeting with state emergency response officials here and spending the night in San Antonio, where he is expected to make a brief stop or two Sunday morning before flying to Baton Rouge and then returning to Washington.

"I know for a lot of people in this state, it's some miserable times," Bush told officials at the Texas emergency operations center. "I hope you can take some comfort in knowing there's a lot of people, like the people in this room, who are working overtime to save you and to help you."

But if Bush was looking for a memorable moment, such as the one after Sept. 11, 2001, when he stood atop the rubble of the World Trade Center towers in New York with a bullhorn, that did not happen. The closest he got on Saturday was a photograph at the military base commemorating that Ground Zero moment, to which the president scrawled, "God Bless America."

Balz reported from Washington.

© 2005 The Washington Post Company

=============================

A couple years, when dubya was accused of being "bubble boy", of being disengaged and out of touch, the Repub BS spin then was not to deny that, but to say dubya was a "big picture artist", who delegates, not a details, hands-on guy. Now the post-Katrina-fiasco has the liars like Delay spinning dubya as a hands-on, engaged guy. All lies.

dubya doesn't have the "vision thing" (Poppy's phrase, Poppy didn't believe in "visions") to be a big picture type, and he doesn't have the brains, education, and mgmt experience to be a details guy. He's just ing dumb tool, puppet of the corps and his Repub handlers, and he's too dumb to realize it. A pathetic excus for an "adult" and embarrassment for the country.

SW, I'd rather have a "balless" guy without the Iraq horror and 2000 wasted, dead Americans, rather than ball-faker guy and 2000 dead Americans. Your vote for dubya puts the Iraq blood, and the Katrina fiasco, on your hands, too. If you vote for dubya, you must be accountable for dubya's ups.

Or do Repub voters follow dubya's lead and take no accountability for the results of their votes?

Last edited by boutons; 09-25-2005 at 10:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. No matter how moderate or conservative a candidate the Democrats put out there, he or she is always gonna be painted, with the broadest brush possible, as the biggest liberal in the world by the Republican spin machine and echo-chamber, and guys like Aggie, Clandestino, Hookdem and all the other closet ditto-heads who don't ever bother to check the facts are gonna eat that up like it's chocolate pudding.
    Closet ditto heads????? Looks like if you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw rocks! Check facts? Plenty of facts have been provided. You are not the only one who can dig out facts to support their arguments. Look in the mirror Dan! I truly hope you realize your mistakes before you die! No need to respond to you with insults. Thats the difference between us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's too late, dubya, you're ed, the Repubs are ed, your whole legacy is ed." (BOUTONS) .........
    This is the kind of hate America is tired of. Just keep on till you and your kind fade into the sunset!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that doesn't mean he's a coward

i'm not the biggest kerry fan (don't like him at all)

but he Has set foot in vietnam
    A lot of good men also set foot in Vietnam!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon smeegs, everyone knows you're satan.

I like whottt and I know deep in his heart he likes me too

Thread Information