Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only thing worst than trolling is unoriginal trolling.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop could easily fill 250 pages worth of snarky remarks he's made after making terrible in game decisions. The guy has never ever admitted that anything is ever his fault but he will never have a problem with throwing his players under the bus and that is never a good quality for a coach. I wonder when he calls a quick timeout and Pop lays into Danny if he ever looks at him and says, "it's just basketball, get over yourself."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has drastically lost awareness of the game flow especially in playoffs..dude is wired for regular season dreary December games...he only shows urgency when the time is basically done and dusted in a series.

Danny in Green was in 2013 Finals mode in Game 5 and yet this overrated only saw him fit or 28 minutes when the season was on the line..
    I wonder what would happen if Pop just played the best players the most minutes. He's been going against the grain of shortening your rotation in the playoffs to who shows up and then just blames the loss on the players. That's the one area he has direct influence over (who plays).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

without 2014 and 4 previous ships, he would have been Avery johnson status: Avery's 2006 = Pop's 2013 (Finals Choke) / Avery's 2007 = Pop's 2016 (67- win team flame-out) /Avery's 2008= Pop's 2015 (1st round exit)...

Little General got the boot at the end of that three-year cycle..
    So you're saying if you take away all of the then Pop is no better than a coach with no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really is. Without Tim Duncan, Pop wouldn't be nearly as celebrated as he is. , you can argue that Duncan would have at least 2 more rings if it weren't for Pop.
    Yeah yeah.

What's Riley without Magic and Kareem?

What's Jackson without MJ, Pip, Shaq and Kobe?

What's any coach without generational talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steave Kerr a better coach by miles...
    Based on what exactly?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I wonder when he calls a quick timeout and Pop lays into Danny if he ever looks at him and says, "it's just basketball, get over yourself."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what exactly?
    The ability to make the team win and be tough and not naive and soft...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lack of fight and record in elimination games points to the mental softness Pop instills in them. That's what kills me the most.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Poop without Tim:
    -1996-97: 17-47
    -2000 playoffs: Only won one game from a Suns team w/o Kidd/HCA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should also be noted that He went .500 with a team that Bob Hill had gon 62-20 59-23 with the previouse year.

Gregg fired Bob Hill the day Robinson was to Return and went L, L,W,W,W,L then he got re-injured or "tank shut down" depending on who you believe.
    Only a idiot like you would quote Dennis Rodman or think that Bob Hill was anywhere near a competent NBA coach. If he was so great why was he never given another NBA job?

Pop has done a job this year to be sure, but anyone that questions what he's meant the Spurs over the last 20+ years is dumb or a hating ass revisionist.

It does suck that he continues to trust fringe players like Forbes and Belinelli instead of the players he himself chose to draft. SMDH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should also be noted that He went .500 with a team that Bob Hill had gon 62-20 59-23 with the previouse year.

Gregg fired Bob Hill the day Robinson was to Return and went L, L,W,W,W,L then he got re-injured or "tank shut down" depending on who you believe.
    Agree with Pop being overrated but Rodman. Dip believed his absence was the reason why the Spurs were losing that season instead of acknowledging that injuries caused the Spurs downfall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he or didn't he have a .500 record with the same team as Bob Hill?

Are you saying that Dennis Rodman is a Bumb of a Player, cause it sounds like you are?

HEHEHEHEEhhahahaha
    Who gives a about Bob Hill's winning percentage. He sucked and let Rodman walk all over him. Again, if he was so great why did no one attempt to bring him in after his time in San Antonio? Answer: Because he sucked as a NBA coach and was propped up by the greatness of an in his prime David Robinson.

Rodman is/was a POS, that threw D. Rob under the bus (in the media) every opportunity he could get. He could eat a and definitely doesn't belong in the HOF. He was a good or great role player but nothing more.

Thread Information