Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    RandomGuy: We are providing them valuable networking opportunities by dint of those who hate us most have a very obvious destination:
    Originally posted by jochhejaam: 'Bin Laden isolated, without communications network... his communications network has been destroyed,'
    [QUOTE]
    And this is related to Iraq how?
    Intelligence Analyst seeks information from private citizen^^^
    jochhejaam<---willing to spend some time if it helps to educate RG who seems to lack basic reasoning skills.

Dec 30, 2004
    In Iraq, a clear-cut bin Laden-Zarqawi alliance (psst RG, this equals related to Iraq)

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1230/p01s03-woiq.html

Bin Laden, insurgents, Iraq, Al-Zawahri are central parts of the terrorist network in the middle east The communication network from one of the leading terrorists is almost non-existent. A networking opportunity cannot be considered valuable if it is almost non-existent.

Get with the program RG!

^^^Showing disappoint with RG's unsupported arguements

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see anything im my post about the attack in Iraq so where's the obvious implication?

Intelligence Analyst analyzes with imaginary information?
    Dude, you are making waaay more of a deal about the Intel Analyst thing than I ever did or do. Is there something you want to say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see anything im my post about the attack in Iraq so where's the obvious implication?

Intelligence Analyst analyzes with imaginary information?

RandomGuy: Yes today Iraq is a battleground fought over by the nutjobs we are fighting and our military.
    You are fooling yourself if you think that the fighting in Iraq is somehow "keeping them over there".

Jochhejaam:I don't recall a major terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11 so to this point I'm not fooling myself.

Your response was directed at what I was saying about Iraq. Silly me to think you might have made an assertion that the lack of attacks was due to the invasion of Iraq.

So what exactly ARE you saying? I am genuinely puzzled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=jochhejaam]

Bin Laden, insurgents, Iraq, Al-Zawahri are central parts of the terrorist network in the middle east The communication network from one of the leading terrorists is almost non-existent. A networking opportunity cannot be considered valuable if it is almost non-existent.
    When did I mention Bin Laden or Zawahri? You have fallen into a very common misconception about "the terrorists" and this is very evident from your language usage.

1) Bin Laden does NOT equal Al Qaeda, any more than Bush equals the US government. Both men are parts of a greater whole.

2) There is no such thing as "the" terrorist anything.

You have mistakenly painted a picture of some heirarchy whose shape is pyramidal, like a military unit. Some larger organizations do have some heirachy, but Al Qaeda's organization is morphing to become much "flatter".

3) Al Qaeda does not equal all mulsim terrorists.

There are other groups, subgroups and loosely based movements in the Islamist ideology that wants to really do us harm.

That said, in the context of communication networks, you are right that Osama is very isolated.

Osama's isolation is irrelevant to my point of HUMAN networking in Iraq.
    The mid-level people who are arranging no small amount of the violence are gaining a valuable opportunity to meet each other and form the human contacts that are similar to business contacts at industry conferences.

Iraq is a very convenient place for these nutjobs to meet and work together. Occasionally we get an important chief organizer, but the increasing violence suggests to me that we are missing quite a few of the people behind this.

Here is a good primer for you on terrorist organization and tactics:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you are making waaay more of a deal about the Intel Analyst thing than I ever did or do. Is there something you want to say?

Heh, maybe this is what you are trying to get at...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump for the halibut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random Guy is an intelligence analyst extraordinaire; you don't think he's seen these reports?

Thread Information