Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were terrible defensively in the 4th quarter even when Monty was on the bench, folks are just looking for excuses to not eat crow.
    They were with Brooks too.

The problem is you have two players who only play on one end of the floor and both need the basketball.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They were with Brooks too.

The problem is you have two players who only play on one end of the floor and both need the basketball.
    They were a good defensive team under Brooks which was what gave the Spurs trouble, now Ibaka isn't even a factor.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Draymond Green & Danny Green might cost their teams a series w/ their 3 point shooting or lack-thereof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were a good defensive team under Brooks which was what gave the Spurs trouble, now Ibaka isn't even a factor.
    They never were a good defensive team. In 2012 the Thunder had the worst OPP of any team in the playoffs, East or West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond Green & Danny Green might cost their teams a series w/ their 3 point shooting or lack-thereof.
    I'd think neither would. Draymond is out there to rebound and defend. He's not a threat from 3. Danny is a sniper, people won't leave him alone out there like they will Draymond. Both are great defenders, Danny is a better 3 and D guy though as Draymond just tries to get his freebies when Klay and Steph are pulling every other player on the opposition.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They never were a good defensive team. In 2012 the Thunder had the worst OPP of any team in the playoffs, East or West.
    Bruh, OPP doesn't mean shyt (just look at the Worriers). OKC has always been a faced paced team so they naturally give up more point than team such as the Grizz but their defensive rating per 100 possession says otherwise.

The season after they dumped HarDone & had BOTH Durant/Westbrook healthy, they actually had the #1 ranked offense & 4th ranked defense in 2012-13 but the WestBrick injury ruined their playoff run. OKC fans would have been calling for an asterisk had Ray Allen not hit "The Shot" considering how much they about the FAKE Ibaka injury in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, OPP doesn't mean shyt (just look at the Worriers). OKC has always been a faced paced team so they naturally give up more point than team such as the Grizz but their defensive rating per 100 possession says otherwise.

The season after they dumped HarDone & had BOTH Durant/Westbrook healthy, they actually had the #1 ranked offense & 4th ranked defense in 2012-13 but the WestBrick injury ruined their playoff run. OKC fans would have been calling for an asterisk had Ray Allen not hit "The Shot" considering how much they about the FAKE Ibaka injury in 2014.
    League average defensive rating for 2012 RS was about 104. OKC was just slightly better at 103+. Slightly above average doesn't mean "good" to me. It means slightly above average. Of course I don't have the calibrated eyeball like some.

They were better the next year, but only a point or so from the previous year. The rest of the league wasn't playing great defense either. Doesn't make OKC better.

Regardless, neither Durant nor Russell are great defenders. They are too concerned with the other end of the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's a short timer. Thunder should not be losing games to the teams they are losing to. Billy is playing Russ and KD at different times just to have them both as the focal point during their stints. I think KD has checked out mentally, has short timer's disease.

Thoughts?
    Come on man,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you never weighed in because you're vanilla. If the Thunder lose in the WCF, Scott Brooks could have done that. If KD walks, Donovan is nothing special suddenly. If Donovan is fired, you'll be nowhere to be found.

Weigh in when the topic comes up like the non-vanilla guys do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a short timer. Thunder should not be losing games to the teams they are losing to. Billy is playing Russ and KD at different times just to have them both as the focal point during their stints. I think KD has checked out mentally, has short timer's disease.

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scotty Brooks and Uncle Tom Rivers outcoached Pop as well. Doesn't make them good coaches. Pretty sure this WCF we see far more incompetence than ingenuity from Donovan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    This is another ty thread, by far!

Rookie Coach > 5x Championship Coach

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nice bump sir. His fat fangers has a mind of their own, apparently.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What a bump... P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Firing Scott Brooks to hire someone worse
    I don't think Donovan is worse than Brooks. I think he's different and has a plan but the pieces he has aren't as coachable as they need to be in order to make it happen, and OKC doesn't have the "rebuilding" card to show fans. They are in "win now" mode. That team isn't going to go anywhere with the experimentation of lineups happening because the problem isn't a lineup issue. They cannot be successful with their point guard being the 1st option every time down the floor, especially when you have a shooter like Durant standing around holding his nuts waiting for someone to pass him the ball. Two superstars on the same team is most times a good thing, but right now it's not a good thing in OKC (or maybe it's the only thing keeping them in the running). Outside of those two, they really don't have much going for them. KD and Russ in LA, they would easily get a roster around them that's much better than anything OKC could muster.
    This is another ty thread, by far!

Rookie Coach > 5x Championship Coach
    Dumb unable to comprende english
    ignoring the fact I called this weeks back while upstairs was celebrating the Grizz beatdown like it meant the Spurs were world beaters
    Rattled the hornets nest of vanilla ass posters on the forum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dumb unable to comprende english
    ignoring the fact I called this weeks back while upstairs was celebrating the Grizz beatdown like it meant the Spurs were world beaters
    Rattled the hornets nest of vanilla ass posters on the forum
    Maaaaaaaaad?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've picked up at least 3, maybe 4 stalkers I consider "bites" in just a couple days.

Now I've got this mud cat biting. Not sure I even want that slimy bas in my boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's how low Pop sunk to .

I'm confident in saying Pop isn't even a top 5 playoffs basketball coach..

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    smh

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    DMC wrong again

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @WojYahooNBA: Oklahoma City GM Sam Presti flew to Florida and met with Billy Donovan on Tuesday, league sources tell Yahoo. Formal offer expected soon.
    Lefty playing both sides

Thread Information