Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dissapointment of hope and change was taken peacefully by Obamabots. Th same would happen with Trumpists
    lol you would just sit there and take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pandering as contempt
    There is one more explanation for all the bigwigs and pundits rationalising Trump-support, while considering themselves good people who deplore racism. Mr Trump’s critics, they contend, show snobbish contempt for the tycoon’s voters—notably older, often less-educated whites who feel left behind by wrenching social and economic changes. One congressman backing Mr Trump, Tom Marino of Pennsylvania, uses a term much in vogue just now, calling Trump voters “the unprotected”. It comforts Trump-endorsers to think they are standing up for underdogs, but they are letting themselves off too easily. Other Republicans seeking the presidency endlessly promise to protect anxious Americans, with everything from air strikes on Islamic State to curbs on work visas. Mr Trump stands out for the savagery with which he vows to frighten, punish and hurt those who he says are doing America down. That’s not protection, but vengeance.

Conservative grandees preparing to back Mr Trump are arguably the worst snobs of all. For they know that he is making promises to his supporters that are both nasty and impossible to keep. Like every tribune of the dirty right, Mr Trump thinks his voters are dupes: that is why he panders and lies to them without a qualm. If Republican bigwigs have shame or sense enough, there is still time—just—to disown him.
    http://www.economist.com/news/united...s-big-schmooze

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol you would just sit there and take it.
    As you did the past 8 years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If Republican bigwigs have shame or sense enough"

"if"? are you ing kidding me? G M A F B

they have no shame, and the only sense is ideological purity.

shame?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you did the past 8 years
    I expected no change. I was pleasantly surprised at the incremental progress on health care tbh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I expected no change. I was pleasantly surprised at the incremental progress on health care tbh.

Health Care:
    The insurance industry must be kicking itself for backing ObamaCare. Several have since posted big losses and it looks like Blue Cross Blue Shield got the losing end of the stick, too.Fitch Ratings looked at nearly three dozen BCBS companies and found that 23 saw a decline in earnings that totaled $1.9 billion in the first nine months of last year, while 16 had net losses.
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan lost $622 million from January through September last year. Blue Cross plans in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Montana lost $442 billion. And those in Pennsylvania, Delaware and West Virginia lost $266 million.
    The reason is ObamaCare.
    Or as Fitch puts it: “Cost and utilization trends from state insurance exchanges from the Affordable Care Act have been higher than anticipated and are the primary drivers of declining earnings.”
    This is a big deal, given that Blue Cross plans are often the largest provider of individual insurance policies in any given market. The Blue Cross plan in Michigan has more than a third of the exchange market, in Delaware it’s more than 80%, and it is almost 90% in North Carolina.
    Given their size, these insurers should have had the broadest and most stable insurance pools in ObamaCare. What they found instead was that the young and healthy are avoiding ObamaCare’s overpriced insurance. If the Blues are struggling, how likely is it that the smaller insurers can succeed?
    Many of the Blues sharply increased premiums this year, which Fitch says should improve earnings. Plus, the administration is planning to dole out $7.7 billion in “transitional reinsurance” money, which it hopes will keep insurers in the ObamaCare game at least one more year. They also backpedaled on requiring insurers to have a reasonable network of providers in their plans out of fear that those rules would only fuel more premium inflation.
    The law isn’t getting any more popular with the public, either. An AP poll found that just 26% say they support the law, vs. 42% who oppose it. And a separate survey by NPR and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found that while 15% say the law directly benefited them, 25% said it hurt them.
    In short, the stars continue to align for repealing ObamaCare next year, but only if the GOP nominates someone who can win in November.
    http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...ing-the-blues/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did you post that wall of text?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cnn said Romney attack will backfire
    And cruz supporters are switching to trump

Thread Information