Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name the last postseason game he contributed positively too. I'm talking game changing. He does a great job of shooting when we're up 30 or down 30. Put him in a close game? He turns into a walking vagina.
    What youg fella said:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethical? Spurs pick the person they think is best to be on the roster. There are no guarantees to be on the team. Butler was paid. What are the ethical issues? You like Butler more than Bonner? Well, Pop and RC thought it was more important to have Bonner. Nothing ethical about that.
    Do you really believe that PATFO think Bonner is a better basketball player than Butler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really believe that PATFO think Bonner is a better basketball player than Butler.
    Yes, at least for what they need. Not saying who would win in a one on one. But Bonner is a center that can make threes, knows the system, and has played significant minutes in the playoffs. No other center n the roster can say yes to all three. Butler, there's 3 or 4 of him on the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That`s sad. Hope he`ll get a ring. Bonner wont touch court in June

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be silly, Matt Bonner won't even make a playoff appearance unless the score is lopsided.
    I think Bonner suits up over Boban in the GS series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks, but the guy will still get paid. Still not sold on Kevin Martin over him. Butler is an underrated defender with deceptive athleticism.
    This is precisely where I came out on it.

Admittedly I have never liked Martin, and I did think that Butler contributed on the defensive end, but I just hope that Martin comes through.

It has always been the case that Bonner and Timmy were such close friends that he (Bonner) has essentially had a backer every year, when other teams would have just cut him. I really believed that Butler was so much more athletic and defense-minded than Bonner that Tim would go along with it this year...but I was wrong.

Hope Bonner plays well for us. Hope Martin does too. Not too confident about either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Martin has already done better then Mcgrady did in the year he came with the Spurs. If i recall correctly, Mcgrady didn't play that entire year when we signed him.

Martin has already had several 20+ games with the Wolves this year and he looks in great shape. He's gonna be a factor.
    Yeah, I know. I was half joking. Martin will get more minutes than McGrady ever did. Hopefully that means more rest for Manu towards the end of the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner leaving would have a similar impact in the locker room as if patty wasn't resigned. He means a lot to the locker room and mainly the big 3 since he's been around a while. Patty had that same kind of impact.

People think this is strictly a basketball move, and it could just be about bonner and his relationship with the team. Chemistry matters. It's unfortunate for Rasual, he was a pro for sure. It's also possible pop and co. Told him from day 1 it might not be permanent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one was arguing otherwise with respect to Butler vs. Martin.

They are, however, arguing Bonner should have been cut before Butler.
    You might want to reread the thread. Chinook was.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always going to be Butler, for obvious reasons. If you've followed the team long enough and are reasonably intelligent, almost nothing they do should surprise you. A lot of you conflate your opinion with how they operate.

This is probably the most bizarre reaction I've ever seen, to a random player and one who wasn't going to matter, with Martin on board. We're talking about a fringe player, who failed to do the one thing he was brought in to do, who'd have regularly been inactive and gone in the off season.

They increased their upside with this move, yet some of you have the audacity to pretend the season is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can always count on three things... death, taxes and Matt Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tossup on who to cut but The Big Red Boner has paid his dues over the years and maybe deserves a shot at one last ring before he is gone.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    a bit of a stretch but i wonder if matty gets waived if lma hadn't shot 0 for 15 from the 3 so far this season.

gonna miss butler tbh. i've watched almost every game this season and he consistently played solid, poised. he's even broken up like, 4 or 5 alley oops on the defensive end. high bb iq. been a fan since we been the hornets in the playoffs. didn't wanna see him go.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dafuq. Butler was playing pretty well when he got minutes. Whereas Bonner got absolutely no minutes. If Bonner needs to play in the playoffs, then something has gone terribly wrong. But Butler can still be useful in the playoffs if Green is bricking like crazy and Martin keeps getting burned on defense.

Anderson and Simmons should not see any playoff minutes.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FO

I hope Butler signed with another team and hit the game winner in a game 7 against Spurs

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ridiculously trivial.

Either way it does not matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‏@JabariJYoung
    Just spoke to Rasual Butler... Here's what he said: #Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow kinda shocked Butler was cut. It sounded like Bonner had one foot out the door, wonder what changed the Spurs minds. At the same time if Bonner and Butler matter we are screwed anyways. Think the loyalty thing is a little BS which this is about, and Matt seems like he is a little selfish in this situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FO

I hope Butler signed with another team and hit the game winner in a game 7 against Spurs
    Butler is no longer eligible for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‏@JabariJYoung
    Just spoke to Rasual Butler... Here's what he said: #Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always going to be Butler, for obvious reasons. If you've followed the team long enough and are reasonably intelligent, almost nothing they do should surprise you. A lot of you conflate your opinion with how they operate.

This is probably the most bizarre reaction I've ever seen, to a random player and one who wasn't going to matter, with Martin on board. We're talking about a fringe player, who failed to do the one thing he was brought in to do, who'd have regularly been inactive and gone in the off season.

They increased their upside with this move, yet some of you have the audacity to pretend the season is over.

Yeah I heard Chinook thinks Butler is better than Martin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ridiculously trivial.

Either way it does not matter.
    Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's overrated and people need to chill..Matt Bonner means more to the players and organization and city more than Rasual Butler ever will..

Good luck to him tho and hopefully he can get his ring from us
    <3 bon bon

Thread Information