Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs manage to get by the Warriors you'd think they are champs. I am not convinced they could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. They probably do, but right now it's hard to say. With that said, they probably cannot beat the Warriors. When you come out that slow and allow the other team to go off for a quarter and try to play catch up, that will come back on you when the opponent is like GS and comes out blazing with the 1st game at home.
    I think we take the Cavs in 5 or 6 if it gets to that, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurms would sweep, easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it happens... pretty amazing it doesn't happen more often, tbh
    The fact that it doesn't happen more often makes it an anomaly. It's not an anomaly that it doesn't happen more often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends. You have some people on that team that can give us fits, not even named James, Irving and Love. We have Tony Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This spurs team is not that good. They got the record but most of the NBA fell off a cliff this season. They will get exposed badly by an healthy Warriors squad with HCA.
    Nope, sorry. 57-10 with a +12.4 point differential is insane no matter what era. You could argue the 90s were weak too when the Bulls were setting those records.

The Warriors and Spurs have to be considered two of the best teams of all time. One is going to set the record for best record and the other is going to set the record for point differential. That's pretty insane. The NBA is a little weak this year, but it's really hard to ignore this.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the Spurs manage to get by the Warriors you'd think they are champs. I am not convinced they could beat the Cavs in a 7 game series. They probably do, but right now it's hard to say. With that said, they probably cannot beat the Warriors. When you come out that slow and allow the other team to go off for a quarter and try to play catch up, that will come back on you when the opponent is like GS and comes out blazing with the 1st game at home.
    The Cavs are just a good team. They have a declining superstar and a weak supporting cast. The Spurs have twice the point differential and would have home court advantage.

The Cavs winning a championship this year would be an extreme anomaly. I know the "Lebron" factor , but a weaker Spurs team beat a better Heat team in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavs are just a good team. They have a declining superstar and a weak supporting cast. The Spurs have twice the point differential and would have home court advantage.

The Cavs winning a championship this year would be an extreme anomaly. I know the "Lebron" factor , but a weaker Spurs team beat a better Heat team in 2014.
    The Spurs beating the defending juggernaut GS Warriors with 4 new players getting minutes would be an anomaly. If some team can pull a GS/Dallas move on them in the opening round, the race becomes very interesting. Otherwise it's fellate Steph month and Satan's has many heads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who are your top 10 player in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, sorry. 57-10 with a +12.4 point differential is insane no matter what era. You could argue the 90s were weak too when the Bulls were setting those records.

The Warriors and Spurs have to be considered two of the best teams of all time. One is going to set the record for best record and the other is going to set the record for point differential. That's pretty insane. The NBA is a little weak this year, but it's really hard to ignore this.
    Last year the league was rife with injuries. Not so much this year. If there was weakness it was moreso last season. This year everyone is healthy pretty much so full strength teams with non-first year coaches are showing what they have. Still, I think the Spurs are RS strong, but won't do so well in the 7 game series.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I haven't watched much NBA this year tbh for my top 10 to have much merit... but

1. Curry 2. James 3. Durant 4. Westbrook 5. Leonard 6. Anthony Davis 7. CP3 8. James Harden ... and I don't even know who 9-10 should be.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This prediction might not come to fruition, but I honestly don't think it's THAT bold.

Mavs winning in 2011 was less probable than Spurs upsetting the Warriors this year.

Again, follow the point differential. 12.4 v 11.0. Although I think matchups and home court might cause the Warriors to triumph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched much NBA this year tbh for my top 10 to have much merit... but

1. Curry 2. James 3. Durant 4. Westbrook 5. Leonard 6. Anthony Davis 7. CP3 8. James Harden ... and I don't even know who 9-10 should be.
    Paul has been killing it this year. Westbrook despite the heavy stats has been dissapointing...Losing majority of the games without Durant and obviously terrible fourth quarter.

Lowry is probably a respectable top 9 or 10 player..Draymond is up there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This spurs team is not that good. They got the record but most of the NBA fell off a cliff this season. They will get exposed badly by an healthy Warriors squad with HCA.
    Thebesteva

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    totally forgot about Draymond, he should be top 10. and Lowry to round it out.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Probably gonna need an Iggy injury to even get the series to 7 games
    Assuming LMA doesn't play like a & Danny makes his open 3s, the Spurs can get the series to 7 games if Iggy/Barnes are in a shooting slump. Kawhi is going to put Klay in a straight jacket & Barnes can't guard Kawhi even if he takes shots away from Curry by trying to post up Porker.

Iggy might lose his mojo after essentially sitting out 3 wks w/ the ankle/hammy injury (ala Barnes early in the season) & Draymond ain't been the same since Kevin Hart embarrassed him in Toronto. Muphuckas are depending on Speight to be the 3rd scorer with Barnes slumping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming LMA doesn't play like a & Danny makes his open 3s, the Spurs can get the series to 7 games if Iggy/Barnes are in a shooting slump. Kawhi is going to put Klay in a straight jacket & Barnes can't guard Kawhi even if he takes shots away from Curry by trying to post up Porker.

Iggy might lose his mojo after essentially sitting out 3 wks w/ the ankle/hammy injury (ala Barnes early in the season) & Draymond ain't been the same since Kevin Hart embarrassed him in Toronto. Muphuckas are depending on Speight to be the 3rd scorer with Barnes slumping.
    Spurs in 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP also said the 2014 spurs are the best team of all time.

The best team of all time doesn't get bounced in the 1st round by the ing clippers
    Didn't the 2014 Spurs win the championship in record fashion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Dubs record is legit and the Spurs not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors set another record this year as well.

The team with the worst record ever to whoop the ass of the team with the best record ever.

LOL............losing to the Lakers.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^& that loss could very well be the one that prevents them from besting the Bulls.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^& that loss could very well be the one that prevents them from besting the Bulls.
    Phil & Jordan would pitch in and send the Lakers a gift basket.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil & Jordan would pitch in and send the Lakers a gift basket.
    It's gonna get a little bitter if it takes place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congratulations

They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations

Thread Information