Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a Brewers fan on facebook:

"Brewers fan here and congratulations on the acquisition of Jonathan Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress. As you all know, these 2 guys will make an immediate impact as well as your pickup of Beltran. Lucroy is going to fit absolutely perfect in your ballpark and get ready for clutch-hitting and HRs. This guy as you all know, you don't run on this guy either..he possesses an arm that will stop anyone stealing a base as well as his backstop ability is incredible. He's blocked so many pitches for us, it's incredible. Sorry I'm not sure if he's still with your team, but you might want to consider bringing back Kyle Lohse back up, these 2 had a great chemistry. Lucroy is a very positive guy too, great clubhouse guy.

Jeremy Jeffress..this guy was on his 2nd time with us and all I can say is positive things about him. He turned his life around which made him a better pitcher and as you may know, he only blew one save this year. He's been very, very dependable, he may make things interesting sometimes but he usually gets out of it. A great guy to use in the 8th or close if you all do that."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so our pitching is in the tank and we trade away our number 1 and number 3 overall prospects who are pitchers. One of them who is projected to be a no less than 3 on a starting pitching rotation in Luis Ortiz? Wtf!?!? I swear my whole life the rangers have developed monster sluggers but now can't find one in their own system so they have to trade their most promising pitching prospects. Damn better win the ing series this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers staaaaackkkkked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still have no pitching. Last year they were getting contributions that may prove similar to what they get this year, but their pitching let them down. Think it might be a similar fate this year if someone doesn't step up behind Hamels and Darvish (if he even gets to that level again this year).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Playoff rotation is likely gonna be Hamels, Yu, Colby and Perez. Pretty deep bullpen now for Colby and Perez's starts in October. I don't buy the argument that they don't have enough pitching. Bullpen's getting a night off for Cole and Yu's starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoff rotation is likely gonna be Hamels, Yu, Colby and Perez. Pretty deep bullpen now for Colby and Perez's starts in October. I don't buy the argument that they don't have enough pitching. Bullpen's getting a night off for Cole and Yu's starts.
    Darvish hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy in four seasons (same with Lewis for that matter), which means the only dependable pitcher is Hamels. That is nowhere near enough firepower to beat the likes of Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, or Baltimore, much less the beasts from the NL unless a few others step up.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Darvish hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy in four seasons (same with Lewis for that matter), which means the only dependable pitcher is Hamels. That is nowhere near enough firepower to beat the likes of Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, or Baltimore, much less the beasts from the NL unless a few others step up.
    Darvish averaged 30 starts his first two seasons and the Rangers shut him down early in 2014 because their season was over well before September, so I don't know where you get this idea that Darvish has never been able to stay healthy. Colby averaged 31 starts his last two seasons. I don't know where you get this idea that Colby isn't dependable either.

They need those two to stay healthy for 2.5 months. The possibility that they might not be available for the stretch run and playoffs is a concern, but if October rolls around and that's their four-man rotation with Holland going to the bullpen, they are as well-positioned as any team to win a le.
    Last edited by Findog; 08-02-2016 at 12:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darvish averaged 30 starts his first two seasons and the Rangers shut him down early in 2014 because their season was over well before September, so I don't know where you get this idea that Darvish has never been able to stay healthy. Colby averaged 31 starts his last two seasons. I don't know where you get this idea that Colby isn't dependable either.

They need those two to stay healthy for 2.5 months. The possibility that they might not be available for the stretch run and playoffs is a concern, but if October rolls around and that's their four-man rotation with Holland going to the bullpen, they are as well-positioned as any team to win a le.
    Darvish has had problems staying healthy since he started in the majors. They shut him down because of that trend, and sure enough he required Tommy John surgery the next season. As for Colby, his entire career has been injury-plagued. Just because he had a year stretch where he avoided anything serious doesn't mean much, especially with him being older. I'm actually more confident in Holland finding his old form more than Colby holding up (though I'd be happy as to be proved wrong).

The fact of the matter is the Rangers had the chance to better their starting pitching both now and for the future by moving one of their young guns (of which they have plenty) but didn't. At the very least the tried but nothing came from it. I just hope it wasn't due to being unwilling to move someone they'll barely be able to play this year or next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lucroy and Beltran have been outstanding pickups. Based Jon Daniels wins again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as impressed with Jeffress tbh. Great addition to the bullpen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the did the Rangers win that one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers scored 4 in the 8th to win 7-5. This team never gives up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince is done apparently. He has exactly the same amount of career home runs as his dad Cecil. Kinsler trade officially a major robbery for the Tigers imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince is done apparently. He has exactly the same amount of career home runs as his dad Cecil. Kinsler trade officially a major robbery for the Tigers imo
    Been saying it the entire time. At least it forced them to find Odor, so in the end it proved to be worthwhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it the entire time. At least it forced them to find Odor, so in the end it proved to be worthwhile.
    It worked out well for both teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another game, another comeback win. Just another day in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers' pitching is a complete joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I missed today's game- 9 runs and we lose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's a new way to walk off. Mazara with literally the worst AB I've ever seen, Rangers ready to fold, and the As pitching staff proceeds to all over themselves on live television.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to end the Profar experiment. Jettison this in the offseason for whatever you can get. ing cost the team Kinsler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damnit Jeffress...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't get the memo about DWI's and Texas

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He was routinely using pot when he was with the Royals. He has a substance abuse problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Following up a blowout win with a blowout loss isn't going to help our run differential.

At least Dyson has gotten a few days off...

Thread Information