Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Gaitan is , tbh... call up el pity martinez, try some new, young blood... Biglia and Lamela are stealing a spot right now... Pratto is a sub at most... Rojo needs to go...

If you want to go full Bilardo, something like this would work:

Romero

Zabaleta - Otamendi - Cuesta - Funes Mori - Mas

Dybala - Mascherano - Pity Martinez

Messi

Icardi

If you want a more offensive 4-3-3:

Romero

Zabaleta - Otamendi - Funes Mori - Mas

Banegas - Mascherano - Pity Martinez

Messi - Icardi - Dybala

If you want a more defensive 4-3-3:

Romero

Banegas - Mascherano - Kranevitter

Messi - Icardi - Dybala

A 4-4-2 to hold on to the ball:

Romero

Banegas - Mascherano - Kranevitter - Augusto Fernandez

Messi - Icardi

Not even sold on Romero either, tbh, but I can't think of another keeper at the moment.

Di Maria needs not to be called up for a few games, so he gets the picture he's not a lock to make the team and needs to work his ass off again.

Did Pastore quit? He'd be like the perfect xavi for messi. Creative and composed midfielder. I bet messi hates him cause he demands the ball..

That Gaitan dude is awful...

Higuin is still the best calcio forward. They really need to beg him to come back...

They also need to bench Rojo..that guy cant cross for . Ive seen players in thiland 2nd division that can cross the ball better...Hes a great defender though..maybe have him as an indurance cb or defensive full back.

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    pity Martinez.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    what's wrong with him? We're full of guys like Pastore that are all name but can't play for in the NT... Martino gave Pastore a bigger role early and he shrunk... that's why Lamela is there, and Lamela is pecho frio too..

start giving other people a shot, IMO. I mean, why did we change the coach? are we gonna call lavezzi back too?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    netherlands these s are already shaking
    Brazil .. any game in belarus is tough son, check the previous qualifiers.

spain and italy in the same group ... with albania, israel, macedonia and lichtensten ... talk about ed

ex yugoslavian countries have already totaled 8 points .. imagine these s having a single team

also https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...-world-cup-ioc you can bet the russians are hardcore roiding, I pity the teams that will have to run against them
    That draw between Netherlands and Sweden is great tbh... Would not surprise me to see a lot of teams breaking their teeth in Belarus

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Argentina without Messi = Uruguay TBH
    ok

My Team
    France
    Post Count

rest of the world = fcked

rest of the world remembering the 7 to 1

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    German coach at half time: "guys, let's try to be nice in second half. They are all on the verge of crying. Oh and if you see they have an opportunity to score one let them do so"

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    what's wrong with him? We're full of guys like Pastore that are all name but can't play for in the NT... Martino gave Pastore a bigger role early and he shrunk... that's why Lamela is there, and Lamela is pecho frio too..

start giving other people a shot, IMO. I mean, why did we change the coach? are we gonna call lavezzi back too?
    Es lo más falopa de Argentina tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    names that don't hold weight, some Argentinian talk show guy. Thanks for educating me though, it's important to learn new things everyday.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Di Maria right now is neither a forward or a midfielder, ever since he left real he's gone to . I would like to see mudo Vázquez given a chance in his spot, Messi needs a playmaker and neither banega, Gaitán or dybala fill that role (though I do prefer banega to biglia, and Gaitán and dybala are good options to play off Messi well)
    Mudo Vasquez

Either way, he has played for Italy so we can't have him.

Mudo Vasquez, shiiit.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Did Pastore quit? He'd be like the perfect xavi for messi. Creative and composed midfielder. I bet messi hates him cause he demands the ball..

That Gaitan dude is awful...

Higuin is still the best calcio forward. They really need to beg him to come back...

They also need to bench Rojo..that guy cant cross for . Ive seen players in thiland 2nd division that can cross the ball better...Hes a great defender though..maybe have him as an indurance cb or defensive full back.
    Pastore is an overrated pussy.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Martinez is utter son. He's doing a little better now but he's no NT material. Dude has litterally no brain.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Martino showed some signs of heading into the right direction. That 4-2-3-1 he put on the Copa America, 'till everyone got injured, was playing pretty well. That should be the team. The base of the team that got the best winning % of all the teams in the last 4 international compe ions. Folks should stop acting like little es and overreacting to those penalty shootouts eliminations.

Romero/Rulli

Mercado Otamendi F.Mori Vangioni/Rojo

Banega Mascherano

Augusto/Dybala Messi Di María

Higuian

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Mudo Vasquez

Either way, he has played for Italy so we can't have him.

Mudo Vasquez, shiiit.
    He can play for Argentina because all his Italian caps were for friendlies and FIFA allows the change in this case.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Martino showed some signs of heading into the right direction. That 4-2-3-1 he put on the Copa America, 'till everyone got injured, was playing pretty well. That should be the team. The base of the team that got the best winning % of all the teams in the last 4 international compe ions. Folks should stop acting like little es and overreacting to those penalty shootouts eliminations.

Romero/Rulli

Mercado Otamendi F.Mori Vangioni/Rojo

Banega Mascherano

Augusto/Dybala Messi Di María

Higuian
    Dybala has to play more games. He could be a jewel, and we don't know yet. Di Maria has to renew his commitment to the team, that's why you sit his ass down for a while until he either gets it, or gets the out.

I don't hate Higuain, but he's a choker trough and trough. How many more point blank goals he needs to miss in a final? Just give Icardi a shot. Keep Fatguero around too. lol Pratto though.

Rojo needs to be taken out back and shot.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Martinez is utter son. He's doing a little better now but he's no NT material. Dude has litterally no brain.
    Maybe, but this team doesn't need brains, needs balls and players that are hungry. That's why I can't watch Rojo or Di Maria... they think they belong, but they don't play like it. The only lock should be Missi and Masche, the rest needs to earn it every game.

I loved Mas against Uruguay. He played like his life depended on it. Rojo is such a limited player, tbh...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He can play for Argentina because all his Italian caps were for friendlies and FIFA allows the change in this case.
    Why would we want a guy that can't even make it to the crappiest Italian team ever though?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Maybe, but this team doesn't need brains, needs balls and players that are hungry. That's why I can't watch Rojo or Di Maria... they think they belong, but they don't play like it. The only lock should be Missi and Masche, the rest needs to earn it every game.

I loved Mas against Uruguay. He played like his life depended on it. Rojo is such a limited player, tbh...
    If you dislike Di María, you will dislike Martinez ten times more, tbh. Martinez is Di Maria, minus the world class level skills.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Maybe, but this team doesn't need brains, needs balls and players that are hungry. That's why I can't watch Rojo or Di Maria... they think they belong, but they don't play like it. The only lock should be Missi and Funes Mori, the rest needs to earn it every game.

Fixed

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    If you dislike Di María, you will dislike Martinez ten times more, tbh. Martinez is Di Maria, minus the world class level skills.
    I never liked Di Maria. Always has been overrated, his skill is so limited. He's too erratic. At least when he was younger he played like he gave a , but since his Real days, he's just coasting all the time now. What's his world class level skills? Run fast and 1 out of 50 shots on goal? Lose the ball trying to dribble through 3 guys? Argentina's left side, between him and Rojo is one of the weakest links.

Not saying Pity would be better, all I'm saying I rather play a guy that's hungry and wants it. These days Di Maria only runs when attacking (ie: a counter), if he's not injured.

But there's a lot of those guys. I don't know what Gaitan is doing in the NT, he was good in Mexico (lol), and Lamela (can't event stand out in the WEPL)...

Veteran
    Post Count
    Wtf, had a reply on my.phone and it disappeared.

Long story short, Fernández used to be an attacking mid but in Spain they turned him into a 5, we already have way too many on the team (masche, banega, biglia, kranevitter, Fernández). Messi needs a playmaker, di maría/aguero/dybala/Gaitán are all redundant and really screw di Maria and aguero they had their chance. (same with higuain, no problem taking Pratto over him).

Vázquez behind Messi, Pratto and dybala is a much better option than choker higuain, headless chicken di Maria and messi with ing biglia/banega/Fernández or whoever. This team desperately needs to improve its attack, we need miracles from Messi or 10 mistakes from the rival before di Maria /higuain can manage to capitalize for a goal, and don't give me some stats vs concacaf teams.

You are lucky I'm on my phone otherwise I'd embed El mudo relegating river, see if you keep laughing then.
    Disagree nono that this team.doesnt need brains, that's what is missing the most. Dimaria injuring himself on meaningless runs, Messi playing one on 5, setting up Rojo for crosses, the list of stupid plays goes on and on.
    And you Messi fanboys are pretty stupid if you want to waste Messis last WC on young "promises" like correa and lamela when Vázquez is in his prime and the closest thing to an iniesta we have right now. Pastore had his chance, Vázquez is the best option left right now and AFAIK bauza is considering him, I hope he gives him a chance.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Wtf, had a reply on my.phone and it disappeared.

Long story short, Fernández used to be an attacking mid but in Spain they turned him into a 5, we already have way too many on the team (masche, banega, biglia, kranevitter, Fernández). Messi needs a playmaker, di maría/aguero/dybala/Gaitán are all redundant and really screw di Maria and aguero they had their chance. (same with higuain, no problem taking Pratto over him).

Vázquez behind Messi, Pratto and dybala is a much better option than choker higuain, headless chicken di Maria and messi with ing biglia/banega/Fernández or whoever. This team desperately needs to improve its attack, we need miracles from Messi or 10 mistakes from the rival before di Maria /higuain can manage to capitalize for a goal, and don't give me some stats vs concacaf teams.

You are lucky I'm on my phone otherwise I'd embed El mudo relegating river, see if you keep laughing then.
    Disagree nono that this team.doesnt need brains, that's what is missing the most. Dimaria injuring himself on meaningless runs, Messi playing one on 5, setting up Rojo for crosses, the list of stupid plays goes on and on.
    And you Messi fanboys are pretty stupid if you want to waste Messis last WC on young "promises" like correa and lamela when Vázquez is in his prime and the closest thing to an iniesta we have right now. Pastore had his chance, Vázquez is the best option left right now and AFAIK bauza is considering him, I hope he gives him a chance.
    I don't hate Vazquez, but he's another Riquelme/Pastore/Lamela finesse player. When the defenses are tight, they disappear. You need a 10 more like Aimar was, slippery, could get past a guy or two, and still have the vision to make the pass. That's why I said el pity, even though I know he's not that great. But I want a guy that's not afraid to probe and attack.

Frankly, this whole tiki-taka we're playing where we waste 60 minutes doing nothing but passing back is something else I'd like to see change. That's why I thought maybe with a different coach we would see a different system too, but it's been the same rehash over and over. Sabella at least tightened the defense, but from the middle-up, we're still playing pussy football. We're not Barca, and even Barca has guys like Alvez and Jordi that can go deep and cross a ball (unlike that got Rojo).

I think that's why you need to shake things up a bit with the players to move them away from their comfort zone. If you keep playing the same guys, they're going to keep playing the same way.

Probably not going to happen with Bauza though.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I don't hate Vazquez, but he's another Riquelme/Pastore/Lamela finesse player. When the defenses are tight, they disappear. You need a 10 more like Aimar was, slippery, could get past a guy or two, and still have the vision to make the pass. That's why I said el pity, even though I know he's not that great. But I want a guy that's not afraid to probe and attack.

Frankly, this whole tiki-taka we're playing where we waste 60 minutes doing nothing but passing back is something else I'd like to see change. That's why I thought maybe with a different coach we would see a different system too, but it's been the same rehash over and over. Sabella at least tightened the defense, but from the middle-up, we're still playing pussy football. We're not Barca, and even Barca has guys like Alvez and Jordi that can go deep and cross a ball (unlike that got Rojo).

I think that's why you need to shake things up a bit with the players to move them away from their comfort zone. if you keep playing the same guys, they're going to keep playing the same way.

Probably not going to happen with Bauza though.
    And what's wrong with that? They are the team with the highest winning % of all the NTs in the last 4 international compe ions. The only thing they need to change is playing a little bit better/having a bit more luck in the final. That's all.

Thread Information