Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This has to be the stupidest thing you've ever said, chump.
    But, it has a grain of truth to it & is arguable.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Bird was better than Magic. So, you must think Magic sucks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PRIME Shaq shot 44% while mainly being guarded by washed up Admiral/Malik Rose/Mark Bryant in '02.

FOH w/ that PRIME Moses wouldn't have a chance against Shaq BS when Malik Rose used to piss him off by using his low center of gravity which resulted in him drawing charges. Moses would have been able to hold his ground & still challenge his shots unlike 6'6" Rose who need weakside help.
    Malik Rose was 6'6 250+, same with Corliss Williamson (Pistons) who also gave Shaq trouble posting up.

Moses was like 6'10 240 in his prime (215lb rookie), his center of gravity wasn't nearly as low as Rose's nor was he ever as strong, dude would get straight bullied by Shaq just as Olajuwon did.

To the OP, Spurs by destruction.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Moses was like 6'10 240 in his prime (215lb rookie), his center of gravity wasn't nearly as low as Rose's nor was he ever as strong, dude would get straight bullied by Shaq just as Olajuwon did.
    Moses was BIGGER than Hakeem who was listed as 255. If you believe Moses was 240 then I have land in my backyard to sell you. Besides, it's not how much you weight but how the weight is distributed. Admiral had a strong upper body but skinny legs meanwhile Hakeem's weight was evenly distributed. Moses was hips/upper body just like Shaq.

The most ACCURATE measurement are the ones "Draftexpress" so let's take a look at some draft combines profiles:

-Anthony Davis: 222
    -KG: 217
    -Towns: 250
    -Dwight: 240
    -Tim: 249
    -Sheed: 230
    -Camby: 223
    -Pau: 227
    -Mourning: 249
    -Cousins: 292 (now 270)
    -Shaq: 303
    -Julius Randle: 249

Meanwhile, Admiral is listed as 235 & Dirk is listed as 237 on Bball ref. I guess Admiral was at a weight disadvantage when he went up against Dirk. (the pre-1990s bio-stats are way off)

On wiki it states: "Malone stood 6 feet 10 inches (2.08 m) and weighed 260 pounds (120 kg)". That sounds about right b/c he was built like Cousins w/ less body fat. Otherwise, you are claiming Moses in his prime weighed 10 lbs less than Julius Randle.

Moses had super strong hips which made him difficult to box-out & a super strong upper body that allowed him to finish through contact ala Shaq. He also had long arms which allowed him to snatch rebounds & defend player much taller than him such as Kareem.

He was the best defensive force in the paint the year he led Philly to a le b/c he didn't have to carry the offense unlike his day w/ the Rockets. He bullied Kareem in the paint during the '83 Finals which forced Kareem to pump iron during the summer (Kareem went up against Wilt/Gilmore numerous time but they didn't bully him like Moses did in two separate playoff series)
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 03-27-2016 at 07:25 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the 1987 Celtics made it back to the NBA finals.

How did the 2015 Spurs do?
    With everyone but Bird basically banged up, too. McHale should've been out for the season; and the Chief could've used 2-4 months rest for his ankles. Ainge as well but not as bad.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ------With everyone but Bird basically banged up, too. McHale should've been out for the season; and the Chief could've used 2-4 months rest for his ankles. Ainge as well but not as bad.------
    ------It was all a crock of to get the Lakers to back away.------ - Jabbar --- he gathered his flock, they took out steely knives & filleted the beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ------It was all a crock of to get the Lakers to back away.------ - Jabbar --- he gathered his flock, they took out steely knives & filleted the beast.
    They were selling your

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 celtics wont make it in the playoffs in todays nba

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The x-rays would say otherwise. The game footage would say otherwise. Celts were a superior team when healthy; no need for that Mike Miller playing possum gamesmanship.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 celtics wont make it in the playoffs in todays nba
    I know you're not this stupid. So, you must put a bigger premium on trolling than I had even figured.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The x-rays would say otherwise. The game footage would say otherwise. Celts were a superior team when healthy; no need for that Mike Miller playing possum gamesmanship.
    Horse . We'd gotten distracted before. We'd had our pants taken down before. We'd been bamboozled before. We'd been hoodwinked before. Not that time. Uh, uh. Nope. That time we broke their in' hole.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horse . We'd gotten distracted before. We'd had our pants taken down before. We'd been bamboozled before. We'd been hoodwinked before. Not that time. Uh, uh. Nope. That time we broke their in' hole.
    You're a disgrace to Laker fans, tbh (if that's possible).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're a disgrace to Laker fans, tbh (if that's possible).
    I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's my religion.
    They were selling your

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's my religion.
    I ain't about to chew on your canned points, bro.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, yeah, I remember it well:::McHale, Parrish hopin' all over on one foot,,,Stockton moanin' & groanin'..."This is just terrible. I've never seen anything like this, and yet they're still competing, still aspiring to win the le. I'm just in awe of these Celtics, of these Boston Celtics." Me? Dumbass me...sittin' on the couch fallin' for it. Yeah,,, "Oh, God." You know who didn't fall for it? Jabbar. He'd been thru it all in '74 when they'd givin' him the old okey-doke. This time they accounted for everyone cept Jabbar.

tee, hee.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, yeah, I remember it well:::McHale, Parrish hopin' all over on one foot,,,Stockton moanin' & groanin'..."This is just terrible. I've never seen anything like this, and yet they're still competing, still aspiring to win the le. I'm just in awe of these Celtics, of these Boston Celtics." Me? Dumbass me...sittin' on the couch fallin' for it. Yeah,,, "Oh, God." You know who didn't fall for it? Jabbar. He'd been thru it all in '74 when they'd givin' him the old okey-doke. This time they accounted for everyone cept Jabbar.

tee, hee.
    Jibberish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tee, hee.
    They were selling your .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, Jabbar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses was BIGGER than Hakeem who was listed as 255. If you believe Moses was 240 then I have land in my backyard to sell you. Besides, it's not how much you weight but how the weight is distributed. Admiral had a strong upper body but skinny legs meanwhile Hakeem's weight was evenly distributed. Moses was hips/upper body just like Shaq.

The most ACCURATE measurement are the ones "Draftexpress" so let's take a look at some draft combines profiles:

-Anthony Davis: 222
    -KG: 217
    -Towns: 250
    -Dwight: 240
    -Tim: 249
    -Sheed: 230
    -Camby: 223
    -Pau: 227
    -Mourning: 249
    -Cousins: 292 (now 270)
    -Shaq: 303
    -Julius Randle: 249

Meanwhile, Admiral is listed as 235 & Dirk is listed as 237 on Bball ref. I guess Admiral was at a weight disadvantage when he went up against Dirk. (the pre-1990s bio-stats are way off)

On wiki it states: "Malone stood 6 feet 10 inches (2.08 m) and weighed 260 pounds (120 kg)". That sounds about right b/c he was built like Cousins w/ less body fat. Otherwise, you are claiming Moses in his prime weighed 10 lbs less than Julius Randle.

Moses had super strong hips which made him difficult to box-out & a super strong upper body that allowed him to finish through contact ala Shaq. He also had long arms which allowed him to snatch rebounds & defend player much taller than him such as Kareem.

He was the best defensive force in the paint the year he led Philly to a le b/c he didn't have to carry the offense unlike his day w/ the Rockets. He bullied Kareem in the paint during the '83 Finals which forced Kareem to pump iron during the summer (Kareem went up against Wilt/Gilmore numerous time but they didn't bully him like Moses did in two separate playoff series)
    Prime Malone was around 230-240, he reached 260 late in his career when he was past his prime. Look on google images for yourself, they have his rookie pic where he looks like a twig (215lb range), and when he was old and fat around 260. He was around 230-240 in his prime. He was not a strong guy, strong in his time era, sure, not in this one.

Draftexpress only started tracking the weights of players around like '95 or so, somewhere around '90. The weights you see listed for older generation players such as Kemp, Robinson, Malone, MJ etc. are generally from when their weight peaked and they were on the decline, tail end of their careers.

The weights you see for the younger generation players is their rookie weight, just isn't updated because guys get so big so fast. Most of the weights you can find through google:

-Davis (222 rookie), 253lbs (now)
    -Howard (240 rookie) 260-270lbs (now)
    -Butler (222lb rookie) 235 (now)
    -KG (217lb rookie) 253 (prime)
    -Robinson (230 rookie) 250 (prime)
    -Nowitzki (No idea rookie weight, 240 prime)
    -Bosh (225lb rookie) 250 (prime)

Guys do have different genetics, however the average rookie in today's game does weigh just as much or more than the average older gen. player did when they reached their peak weights.

Just for perspective:
    Malone around 250lbs:

Randle 250lbs (rookie weight):

JR is significantly bigger/stronger and in much better shape, 250 is his rookie weight, he will fill out to 260+ easily.
    Last edited by KL2; 03-30-2016 at 01:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Malone was around 230-240, he reached 260 late in his career when he was past his prime. Look on google images for yourself, they have his rookie pic where he looks like a twig (215lb range), and when he was old and fat around 260. He was around 230-240 in his prime. He was not a strong guy, strong in his time era, sure, not in this one.

Draftexpress only started tracking the weights of players around like '95 or so, somewhere around '90. The weights you see listed for older generation players such as Kemp, Robinson, Malone, MJ etc. are generally from when their weight peaked and they were on the decline, tail end of their careers.

The weights you see for the younger generation players is their rookie weight, just isn't updated because guys get so big so fast. Most of the weights you can find through google:

-Davis (222 rookie), 253lbs (now)
    -Howard (240 rookie) 260-270lbs (now)
    -Butler (222lb rookie) 235 (now)
    -KG (217lb rookie) 253 (prime)
    -Robinson (230 rookie) 250 (prime)
    -Nowitzki (No idea rookie weight, 240 prime)
    -Bosh (225lb rookie) 250 (prime)

Guys do have different genetics, however the average rookie in today's game does weigh just as much or more than the average older gen. player did when they reached their peak weights.

Just for perspective:
    Malone around 250lbs:

Randle 250lbs (rookie weight):

JR is significantly bigger/stronger and in much better shape, 250 is his rookie weight, he will fill out to 260+ easily.
    Weight is so important. That's why Oliver Miller is the goat.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So, You're telling me Moses weighed the same as Dirk & less 10-20 lbs LESS than KG/Davis.

Zach Randolph is listed as 270 but he LOOKS smaller than Randle. Moses had the same frame/definition as Tim, he was just 2 inches shorter. Basically, Moses is Z-Bo w/ less body-fat & an inch taller, which should put him in the 255 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, You're telling me Moses weighed the same as Dirk & less 10-20 lbs LESS than KG/Davis.

Zach Randolph is listed as 270 but he LOOKS smaller than Randle. Moses had the same frame/definition as Tim, he was just 2 inches shorter. Basically, Moses is Z-Bo w/ less body-fat & an inch taller, which should put him in the 255 range.
    Moses Malone rookie, 215lb range:

MM 230-240 range is the Hawks pic I posted.

250-260 range is when he was old, fat and out of shape:

Z-Bo isn't smaller than Randle, they're roughly the same size, Z-Bo is insanely strong, just has a lot more fat.

This is the new era, many SF's are just as big/strong as the old school bigs were, you have one on your team:

Thread Information