Weight: 160 lbs
    Date of Birth: 01/05/1996
    School: Kentucky

DraftExpress

NBADraft.net

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's projected all over the place due to his lack of height. I don't think he's a better choice than some of the guard prospects the team should have a shot of getting at 29 this year (and if those guys are gone it means some great forward prospect has fallen instead), but he might be significant if the Spurs get a second-rounder somehow. I'll have to learn more about him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be disappointed if we settle on Earl Boykins 2.0 as our of prospect for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5'9...

Yeah no.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated NBA 2016 NBA Mock Draft 1.0: Pre-tourney by Andrew Sharp

#29 Spurs
    I'm not saying this will happen, but it should. Everyone should want good things to happen to Tyler Ulis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #29 Basketball Insiders by Steve Kyler, 21 April 2016

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a really fascinating player. I just can't see the Spurs coming out of the draft with just Ulis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills could post him up....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016 NBA Mock Draft: Consensus Ver 3.0 By Basketball Insiders
    on May 25, 2016

Steve Kyler (1 of 4)
    has Ulis at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 29 I would consider drafting him, while he will never be an all star I think he could provide a big boost to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2016: 1st-Round Predictions and Wild-Card Prospects to Watch
    By Ryan McCrystal , Featured Columnist Jun 10, 2016

29. San Antonio Spurs Tyler Ulis PG Kentucky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be ideal if the Spurs could somehow move up and grab this guy at the beginning of round 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be ideal if the Spurs could somehow move up and grab this guy at the beginning of round 2.
    To me, I think he is one guy that could go higher than people think. Big program, lot's of team's need guards and his coach speaks so highly of him. If he's there at 29 I say take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, I think he is one guy that could go higher than people think. Big program, lot's of team's need guards and his coach speaks so highly of him. If he's there at 29 I say take him.
    I tend to agree. His size will always be a weakness but he has routinely played his best in the biggest games and the guy is a leader and a winner. Definitely has the intangibles to be a great player and height is the only thing keeping him from being a top 3 pick in this draft imo. I would love if the Spurs could somehow pull off getting another middle to high first round pick and get a guy like Valentine, Prince, or Diallo with the first one and Ulis at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Kay felder over ullis all day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kentucky guard Tyler Ulis is said to have a pretty significant hip issue, which some believe may require surgery down the line. A medical red flag combined with his size, Ulis could slide deep into the first round or even over into the second depending on how team medical staffs view his situation.
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...n-his-way-out/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS: NBA Mock Draft 2016: The second round will be filled with international players
    A deep crop of talented foreign prospects will add some flavor to the final 30 selections
    by Sam Vecenie
    19m ago AKA 14 June 2016

29. San Antonio Spurs
    Tyler Ulis, PG, Kentucky: Yup, San Antonio gets incredibly lucky here and takes a player with basketball IQ that is just beyond reproach. Ulis is about as smart a player as you'll find on the basketball floor, able to buzz in and out of little openings and play unselfishly due to his tremendous vision. He'd be an interesting option as a potential replacement for Tony Parker, who is getting up there in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid and Kay felder are both true point guards who are both very short. The difference is one is potentially the lightest prospect in draft history while Felder is a ball of muscle. Why draft ullis in the first round when you can get felder in the second? Mark my words, Felder will be the better NBA prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOX Sports: 2016 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    With a little over a week until the draft, we've updated our rankings, and let you know who your favorite team WILL select
    By Aaron Torres  Aaron_Torres
    Jun 15, 2016 at 8:55a ET

29. San Antonio Spurs, Tyler Ulis, G, Kentucky

It's funny, because back in March I wrote that Ulis would become the latest "how-the-heck-did-they-get-him" steal of the draft for the Spurs, a guy in the mold of Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli and Kawhi Leonard, who'd fall to San Antonio in the draft, promptly become a bona-fide star, and once again lead us to wonder "How do the Spurs always get so lucky?"

At the time it seemed like a joke, but with the latest reports on Ulis' hip, it could become a reality.

It also could become the steal of the draft, if San Antonio pulls it off.

After all, this is a team that needs a point guard of the future, and prides itself on being the smartest, mentally toughest team in the league ... the two traits which perfectly describe Ulis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoopsHabit:2016 NBA Mock Draft: Built On Unpredictability
    by Aaron Ferguson 3 hours ago [AKA 18 June 2016]

29. San Antonio Spurs – Tyler Ulis (Kentucky)

The San Antonio Spurs are continuing to grow older, and Tyler Ulis proves to be the perfect prodigy to 34-year-old point guard Tony Parker. Ulis is a proven playmaker and a guard that can score in a variety of ways.

Ulis, 20, is a versatile weapon on offense. His freshman season proved that he can score in a variety of ways, including hitting 42.9 percent of three-pointers. As a sop re he stepped up as a floor general and had a 3.5:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.

His outside shooting suffered with more responsibility during his sop re season, but Ulis proved that he is capable of getting to the rim with his crafty ball-handling skills and quickness. He shot 43.4 percent from the field in his sop re season and averaged 17.3 points per game.

Ulis is only 5-foot-10, which is a cause for concern on the defensive end of the court. He is undersized and will be physically overpowered against nearly every point guard in the NBA. His quickness will keep players in front of him, but his lack of size and physicality is alarming.

Nonetheless, the Spurs have a playmaker to develop and learn from a great point guard in Parker. Ulis’ NBA future will be defined by how he holds up defensively, but there is no doubt that the SEC Player of the Year can handle the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jon Rothstein Verified account ‏@JonRothstein

San Antonio has done extensive research on Kentucky's Tyler Ulis, sources told @CBSSports. Spurs pick 29th in Thursday's NBA Draft. #BBN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, of course, a guy who is shorter than Paul and probably only 2% of its quality, Spurs will likely to draft this garbage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs want a high BBIQ undersized guard, Fred VanVleet may end up undrafted and become available for a training camp invitation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched even highlights of him bc we need size at PG, but his hip injury has him sliding and could be in the Spurs range. I don't know how likely he is. Is it possible he's the best guy to fall to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SB Nation: A Sea of Blue: NBA Mock Draft 2016: A Sea Of Blue Edition
    By Justin_Hodges  justin_hodges22 on Jun 21, 2016, 8:02a

Note that A Sea of Blue is a U of Kentucky site, and they have been bemoaning that Ulis is falling

29. San Antonio Spurs

Selection: Tyler Ulis, PG, Kentucky
    If I could say one thing to the NBA GM's of this draft, i would be daring all of them to let this happen. Ulis is a lottery talent,and is arguably the best point guard in this draft despite his size. If San Antonio was able to snatch him at 29, it would undoubtedly be the steal of the draft. This is a Spurs team that is in need of a point guard for the future, and Ulis unquestionably fits the mold of everything that the San Antonio Spurs are about.

Thread Information