Weight: 215 lbs
    Date of Birth: 12/11/1992
    School: Virginia

DraftExpress

NBADraft.net

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this guy. He is not a natural shooter, but he has improved every year of his college career. Chip could probably work wonders with him. His quickness is questionable, but he has good size and a very good wingspan. His biggest asset, however, is that his leadership skills are off the charts. This link is to a very long article, but for anybody interested in Malcolm, it reveals why he would be the perfect Spur.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/uva...316-story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this guy. He is not a natural shooter, but he has improved every year of his college career. Chip could probably work wonders with him. His quickness is questionable, but he has good size and a very good wingspan. His biggest asset, however, is that his leadership skills are off the charts. This link is to a very long article, but for anybody interested in Malcolm, it reveals why he would be the perfect Spur.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/uva...316-story.html
    Very good article on him. Thanks for sharing. POP would love a guy like that.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS Sports by Sam Vecenie, 18 April 2016

29. SAN ANTONIO SPURS
    Malcolm Brogdon, SG, Virginia: This is the most Spurs pick imaginable. They take one of the best players in the country at running off of screens as well as one of the premier perimeter defenders. He might be 23 and have relatively lower upside than some of those taken above him, but Brogdon could fit extraordinarily well in the San Antonio scheme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS Sports by Sam Vecenie, 26 April 2016 with new quote

29. SAN ANTONIO SPURS
    Malcolm Brogdon, SG, Virginia: This continues to be a match made in heaven. Brogdon has the exact kind of skill set that would translate well to the Spurs scheme as a guy who runs off of screens and hits open shots. There is a bit of a concern on his jump shot translating to the NBA due to how flat it is, but that kink can be ironed out. Throw in the fact that he was the best perimeter defender in college hoops this year, and it's easy to see why a smart team could take him even in round one despite being 23.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love him but feel like Dallas will snipe him first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love him but feel like Dallas will snipe him first.
    Last draft, they snagged his former teammate, Justin Anderson, who came on late and performed well in the playoffs.

If you like Brogdon, you might be interested in reading the article that I posted above in this thread about him. It is lengthy, but it offers insight into his character and especially his leadershipskill. His incredible leadership could be especially valuable for the post-Manu, post-Timmy Spurs.
    Last edited by sasaint; 04-27-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ quintessential Spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated by Andrew Sharp, 6 May 2016

MALCOLM BROGDON, VIRGINIA

LAST MOCK: 23
    G | 6'5", 225 | SR.
    He's excellent on defense, and he played in an intricate offense predicated on ball movement. He's basically a Spur already. His biggest weakness is three-point shooting (39% as a senior), which the Spurs will fix in their laboratory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like his age, but yeah, he's a guy you could see playing a role for the Spurs as a rookie if Green goes elsewhere or even if he doesn't. Fits nicely between Mills and Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 05-13-2016 at 11:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided, Clipperholics: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Answering Clippers, No. 1 questions by Tom West, 14 May 2016

29MALCOLM BROGDONShooting guard, Virginia to San Antonio Spurs
    Experience, willing passing, efficiency; the kind of attributes that make anyone fit in with the San Antonio Spurs.
    Of course, not many players taking their first steps into the NBA fit that category and obviously no rookie has the experience of the Spurs’ championship-winning veterans. However, as rookies go, 6’5″ shooting guard Malcolm Brogdon fits the kind of description that the Spurs look for in young players who can enter their system.

Coming off a productive four-year career at Virginia, playing at least 30 minutes per game over the last three seasons, Brogdon has established himself as one of the most successful players in the school’s history and finished as the ACC Player of the Year in 2016. He isn’t a high-flying athlete, but after averaging 18.2 points on 45.7 percent shooting last season (39 percent with two makes a night from three) and playing excellent defense (he’s also versatile with his quickness and 6’10” wingspan), Brogdon can deliver a role as someone who is ready for the NBA now.

The Spurs are freshly eliminated from the playoffs and want to return with a le run next season, so young prospects years away from their potential aren’t really of interest.

Brogdon has started off his campaign to earn a higher draft pick in convincing manner as well, delivering a 17-point (8-of-11 shooting), 6-assist, 4-rebound, 4-steal performance at day one of the NBA Draft Combine.

All Brogdon does is show up, play at both ends of the floor, and repeats. He fits the Spurs mould and would be a nice backcourt selection as Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili approach the end of their storied careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: 1st-Round Predictions, Prospects Who Are Safest Bets
    By Ryan McCrystal , Featured Columnist May 16, 2016

29. San Antonio Spurs Malcolm Brogdon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: 1st-Round Predictions After Lottery Results
    By Tyler Conway , Featured Columnist May 17, 2016

29 San Antonio Spurs Malcolm Brogdon SG Virginia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thebiglead: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Ben Simmons Firmly Locked in at No. 1, Celtics Seeking Trade?
    Jason McIntyre | 4 hours ago [aka 18 May 2016]

29. San Antonio Spurs – Malcolm Brogdon, G, Virginia. Smart player goes to a smart system. Tony Parker’s 33 and looked it this postseason for long stretches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: NBA Mock Draft 4.0: Simmons-Ingram debate begins for 76ers
    by Andrew Sharp, 18 May 2016
    with new quote

MALCOLM BROGDON, VIRGINIA
    LAST MOCK: 29
    G | 6'5", 225 | SR.
    Brogdon was another player who impressed scouts in Chicago last week. Between great defense and three-point shooting that can improve (he improved every year at UVA, finishing at 39%), I remain convinced he's exactly the kind of useful role player that a smart team will steal somewhere in the first round. And that smart team is usually the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chatsports: 2016 Mock NBA Draft: Pre-Lottery Edition
    By Brian Rauf May 17, 2016

29) San Antonio Spurs - Malcolm Brogdon, Sr., SG, Virginia Cavaliers
    6'5", 215 lbs - 18.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.1 apg

Brogdon is the most Spurs-like prospect since Kawhi Leonard. That's not to say Brogdon has that kind of potential, but his elite basketball IQ and defensive ability, combined with an expansive offensive skill set, make him the perfect fit in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daily Chicago Sports Tab: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Post-Draft Lottery Edition
    By Tab Bamford, Tuesday at 8:03 pm [AKA 17 May 2016]

29. San Antonio - Malcolm Brogdon, SG, Virginia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...p-Day-One-5479
    17 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 turnovers, 6-8 2P, 2-3 3P, 3-4 FT, 24.4 minutes
    Coming off an ultra-productive four-year career at Virginia, Malcolm Brogdon played an impressive, efficient game, scoring 17 points on only eight shots, while contributing in a handful of different areas. The 23-year-old two-guard looked like the best pure basketball player among all four 5-on-5 teams as he was able to distribute as the primary ball handler, knock down open shots, and finish over length and through contact all while locking up on the defensive end.

There's not a ton of flash to Brogdon's game – he's not an explosive athlete and he doesn't have the most beautiful shooting stroke – but he's been a winner at every level (his team won by 40 points on Thursday) and most certainly stood out as the most NBA-ready player to play 5-on-5. At 6' 5.5” with a 6' 10.5” wingspan and a strong 223-pound frame, Brogdon found some success playing on the ball on Thursday, especially out of ball screens.

He doesn't exactly turn the corner in isolation situations, but he showed that he's a sound ball handler versus pressure and has the IQ to facilitate against a variety of pick and roll coverages. Brogdon may not be loaded with upside but he has a winning mentality, is a tremendous defender, can make standstill jumpers and knows how to make up for some of his athletic limitations as a half-court scorer. He's a safe pick for a team in the late first or early second round, and could very well rise with more strong performances during the pre-draft process.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 05-21-2016 at 09:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Salt Lake Tribune: The Salt Lake Tribune’s NBA mock draft: Version I
    By BRENNAN SMITH | The Salt Lake Tribune
    First Published May 23 2016 12:00PM • Last Updated May 23 2016 12:56 pm

29. San Antonio Spurs • Virginia SG Malcolm Brogdon

Brogdon is one of the older prospects in this draft, but is a lock down defender and a good shooter. He fits the mentality of the Spurs and could be a steal at this spot.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's official...someone is taking this guy in the early 20's ahead of SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he get a promise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that leaves Thon Maker for us and our world class development staff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the Spurs draft this guy, but unfortunately his stock is rising now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hoop Doctors: Post-Lottery 2016 NBA Mock Draft
    Ryan Bawek, May 28, 2016

29. Spurs, Malcolm Brogdon, Virginia

Brogdon is a natural born leader and a very intelligent four year player that was well coached at Virginia and shot about 40% at three in his senior season while being a high-level defender. Doesn’t he sound like a Spur to you?

Thread Information