Division winners: Blue Jays, Astros, Indians

NL
    MVP: Paul Goldschmidt
    Cy Young: Max Scherzer
    Division winners: Dodgers, Cubs, Nationals

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Lol Indians and Dodgers winning the division.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, David Price getting Cy Young only to choke in the postseason again.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Indians were the unluckiest team in all of last year based on peripherals & their rotation is absolutely ing sick this year. Oddsmakers also favoring them this year w/ win total set on a juiced over 85.5, Royals 84.5 & they aren't just making these numbers out of thin air.

You're loling because you're results-based and relying on intuition or because you're homering it up?
    Last edited by AlexJones; 03-30-2016 at 02:17 PM.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also, David Price getting Cy Young only to choke in the postseason again.
    Red Sox aren't even gonna make the playoffs anyway.

I guess Kluber should be my pick for Cy Young if they do wind up winning the division

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Indians were the unluckiest team in all of last year based on peripherals & their rotation is absolutely ing sick this year. Oddsmakers also favoring them this year w/ win total set on a juiced over 85.5, Royals 84.5 & they aren't just making these numbers out of thin air.

You're loling because you're results-based and relying on intuition or because you're homering it up?
    The Indians offense is so ty which is why they can't win the division. Plus their bullpen can't touch the Royals, neither can their defense or offense.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Indians offense is so ty which is why they can't win the division. Plus their bullpen can't touch the Royals, neither can their defense or offense.
    Not really. Kipnis and Brantley are elite. Santana, Byrd, Uribe and Lindor are good hitters. Napoli, Davis are above average. You think they have a ty offense based on their results last year.

The only edges KC has over Cleveland are defense and bullpen, neither of which are worth more than starting pitching+offense, mathematically speaking.
    Last edited by AlexJones; 03-30-2016 at 02:58 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Not really. Kipnis and Brantley are elite. Santana, Byrd, Uribe and Lindor are good hitters. Napoli, Davis are above average. You think they have a ty offense based on their results last year.

The only edges KC has over Cleveland are defense and bullpen, neither of which are worth more than starting pitching+offense, mathematically speaking.
    That's the thing. The Royals have been defying the numbers the last two seasons. The Royals are great at run prevention and their bullpen helps them win close games so the numbers never really matter when looking at this team. And the Royals offense was clearly better and has a deeper lineup with guys still improving. While the starting pitching isn't great, it's still good enough to keep them in the game and let the bullpen dominate the later innings.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's the thing. The Royals have been defying the numbers the last two seasons. The Royals are great at run prevention and their bullpen helps them win close games so the numbers never really matter when looking at this team. And the Royals offense was clearly better and has a deeper lineup with guys still improving. While the starting pitching isn't great, it's still good enough to keep them in the game and let the bullpen dominate the later innings.
    Never heard of 'regression to the mean'? Defying the numbers for 2 years doesn't mean they'll be able to do that forever.
    Last edited by AlexJones; 04-01-2016 at 02:35 PM.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Indians and Dodgers such laughable choices tho

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    These assholes had the Royals finishing 4th last season.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    These assholes had the Royals finishing 4th last season.
    And that matters pertaining to this season how? No book thinks KC is going to be a bad team or even a mediocre one this year, only that the perceived difference between them and Cleveland is nowhere near as much as you'd expect (which is pretty much all I'm arguing)
    Last edited by AlexJones; 04-03-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Thread Information