Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MMAjunkie @MMAjunkie
    Injury knocks Chris Weidman from UFC 199 rematch with Luke Rockhold wp.me/p3WzJ0-OGi

Post Count
    MMAjunkie @MMAjunkie
    Injury knocks Chris Weidman from UFC 199 rematch with Luke Rockhold wp.me/p3WzJ0-OGi
    GOD DAMMIT

Bisping replaces Weidman

Bisping is garbage. Not even sure why he is getting a shot here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Bisping is garbage. Not even sure why he is getting a shot here.
    Because Chris Weidman was injured.

Because Chris Weidman was injured.
    I wish it was Jacare tbh, bit it seems that he is hurt too. He will get his change though.

Post Count
    I wish it was Jacare tbh, bit it seems that he is hurt too. He will get his change though.
    No, that's not ok. Jacare just fought. I don't want to see a le fight when another man just fought a top 5 guy less than 60 days prior. Let Souza get rested to make a go at it.

No, that's not ok. Jacare just fought. I don't want to see a le fight when another man just fought a top 5 guy less than 60 days prior. Let Souza get rested to make a go at it.
    I agree, but if Jacare was fully healthy, I'm positive he would fight regardless such a few days to rest.

In the end, I prefer a le fight with no excuses.

Post Count
    Weidman is turning into Cain with all these injuries. And Neck injuries are always trouble..

Post Count
    The main event for me went from must see to a complete and total dud. I want to see Cruz/Faber though. Cruz's comeback is the most amazing ever in this sport..

Post Count
    The main event for me went from must see to a complete and total dud. I want to see Cruz/Faber though. Cruz's comeback is the most amazing ever in this sport..
    Yep. Outside of Frankie, Cruz is probably my favorite fighter.

I have a feeling we'll see two surprises.

1) Faber being more resourceful than expected

2) Cruz knocking him the out

Main Card

Even if Faber loses, this might be first fight that Faber utilizes a lot of kicks

Luke Rockhold vs. Michael Bisping for the middleweight championship – former champ Chris Weidman said it best earlier this week, he’s given Rockhold yet another gift, this time it’s Bisping on a silver platter. Bisping has been a great fighter to watch over the past decade, and has given fans some of the best trash talk in the UFC. While he definilty deserves the le shot, he really has nothing to offer Rockhold in the way of compe ion. Rockhold is just too skilled, too big, and too fast. This should be a short one, and I agree with Rockhold’s own prediction of a first round knock out.

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber for the bantamweight championship – the rubber match! This fight should be much more compe ive than the headliner, but I still have a hard time seeing Faber’s path to victory. While Cruz doesn’t have the power to stop Faber, he is the more complete fighter. However, because Cruz will not be able to end Faber, the California Kid will have 25 minutes to find an opening against the champ, which means he has a decent shot at taking the belt. I just have a hard time seeing it happening.

Max Holloway vs. Ricardo Lamas – two very skilled fighters tee off in what should be the closest fight on the main card. However, I believe that Holloway’s length and boxing will give Lamas trouble. If Lamas can make this an ugly fight he has a real shot, but I don’t see it happening. Holloway out points him on the way to a decision victory.

Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard – after going 2-6 over his last 8 fights, Hendo looks like he should hang them up. But the man is a legend, and that overhand right is still one of the scariest weapons in combat sports. Lombard has a tendency to start strong, but then gas by the second round, so if Hendo can weather the opening storm, he should be able to walk away with his hand raised. Hendo with the second round TKO.

Dustin Poirier vs. Bobby Green – Poirier has looked amazing at 155 pounds, but he has a tough test here against a very quick and slick Green. Green likes to make his opponents miss, but frequently doesn’t follow up those slips with offense of his own. For that reason, I think that Poirier’s constant offense will earn him the decision.

Brian Ortega started tapping the knee button and landed about 4-5 knees at the end of the 3rd, the final one KO Guida!!! And he needed everyone one of those because he was down in the fight!!!

HENDO!! Holy !!

both Hendo and Lombard showed heart and chin; Hendo with good awareness that elbow chance was there and took it!!!

Thread Information