My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right-wing has been using, the Ashley Smith incident, the Atlanta woman held hostage in her home by Brian Nichols, as an example that Christian readings somehow magically transformed a would-be killer, Nichols, into a new human-being...

In an article, Ann Couter even suggested that Ashley Smith should be sent to Saudi Arabia to help convert Muslims...

In Smith's apartment, Nichols bound Smith's feet and hands and put her in the bathtub. Later, at Smith's request, Nichols allowed her to hop from the bathroom into the bedroom, where she began talking to him.

In short order, Smith was reading aloud to Nichols from the Christian book "The Purpose Driven Life" — in direct violation of his cons utional right to never hear any reference to God, in public or private, for any purpose, ever, ever, ever! For more on this right, go to the "People for the American Way" Web site.

--

Smith knew all about Nichols' violent depredations from TV. Yet she saw him not as a monster, but as one of God's creatures. Most Christians — most people — have trouble seeing the humanity of people who take our parking spots. Smith could see God's hand in a multiple murderer holding her hostage. By showing him genuine Christian love, Smith turned Nichols from a beast to a brother in Christ. This phenomenon, utterly unknown to liberals, is what's known as a "miracle." Top that, Paul Krugman!

----

This trampling of our Cons ution — I mean this conversation — lasted long into the night. (I reckon! ) They watched Nichols' shooting people on TV. Nichols said he couldn't believe he was that man. In the morning, Smith made Nichols eggs and pancakes for breakfast. Then she walked out of the apartment to pick up her daughter and to call 911. The last thing Nichols said as Smith was leaving was to say o to her daughter for him. When the police arrived, Nichols surrendered without incident, an utterly transformed human being.

---

Smith saved the soul of a man on a killing spree by talking to him about Christianity. But liberals think this won't work with the Muslims? We ought to fly this Ashley Smith to Saudi Arabia. We could just make her a box lunch every day and send her on her way.
    Yesterday, Ashley Smith admitted that she gave Brian Nichols Crystal Meth...

By Jennifer Brett
    Cox News Service
    Published September 27, 2005

ATLANTA -- Ashley Smith, the woman held hostage for hours after the March 11 Fulton County Courthouse shootings, discloses in a new book that she gave alleged gunman Brian Nichols drugs the night he held her captive.

Smith, 27, was thrust into the spotlight after talking her way out of Nichols' captivity and then calling police. In "Unlikely Angel: The Untold Story of the Atlanta Hostage Hero," Smith shares details of her seven-hour ordeal as a hostage in her apartment near Atlanta.

Nichols asked her for marijuana, she writes, but she had only a small amount of crystal methamphetamine. She thought offering him the drug might curry favor, but she says she refused to take the drug with him.

"I was not going to die tonight and stand before God, having done a bunch of ice up my nose," she writes.

Smith's 272-page book, co-written with Stacy Mattingly, goes on sale Tuesday. Publisher William Morrow reports a first printing of 400,000 copies, an ambitious number for a memoir by anyone who is not a celebrity or a national politician.

Smith is scheduled to appear on Oprah Winfrey's talk show Wednesday and then will begin a publicity tour.
    Chicago Tribune

Apparently, possessing crystal meth and giving it to someone else is OK with God according to Ashley Smith’s thinking; just don't shove it up your nose before putting yourself in a life-threatening situation. Bet the Lifetime channel of this story makes no reference to drug use.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right-wing has been using, the Ashley Smith incident, the Atlanta woman held hostage in her home by Brian Nichols, as an example that Christian readings somehow magically transformed a would-be killer, Nichols, into a new human-being...

In an article, Ann Couter even suggested that Ashley Smith should be sent to Saudi Arabia to help convert Muslims...

Yesterday, Ashley Smith admitted that she gave Brian Nichols Crystal Meth...

Chicago Tribune

Apparently, possessing crystal meth and giving it to someone else is OK with God according to Ashley Smith’s thinking; just don't shove it up your nose before putting yourself in a life-threatening situation. Bet the Lifetime channel of this story makes no reference to drug use.
    Apparently, anyone is religious is a hypocrit if they have ever done anything wrong. I think the, "cast the first stone" line applies here.

I thought the idea behind praying to god was that you could do it anytime you wanted? Wouldn't it be especially true under such dire cir stances? I didn't know you couldn't pray if you were a sinner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did it work?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an interesting revelation. But I wouldn't judge her for handing over her drugs. Obviously, if a guy has a gun in your face, you're going to hand over anything. I don't think it discounts the rest of her story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing dan is hilarious!!! i am picturing the thread that hook dem started with dan minus the tin foil hat...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alright
    i guess no one is going to come with it
    i will

Ann Coulter is a stupid c

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's cut out the middleman and give Saudi Arabia abunch of crystal meth.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anne Coulter is absolutely right.

We should give the Muslims crystal meth.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you think the Mid-East would benefit from something say a little more... relaxing.. like marijuana or xanax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this in Politics?

Did Bush give the crank to her?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you think the Mid-East would benefit from something say a little more... relaxing.. like marijuana or xanax.
    hahah yea giving Islam meth is NOT going to help.. they would be doing bomb making all nighters...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this in Politics?
    Skeletor made it political.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a NAVY trained dolphin with laser beams strapped to its fricking head.

Thread Information