Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    ERA isn't everything. But win-loss is even more of a meaningless stat for a starting pitcher. And considering how good Boston's offense is, it's even more meaningless.

His ERA ranks 41st among AL starting pitchers. WHIP ranks 23rd. BAA ranks 30th. OPSA ranks 26th. A starter with those ranks could easily be 1-7 instead of Price's 7-1.

To his credit, he's pitched much, much better his last 4 starts. But considering he's making $31 million a year, I find it very difficult to call him "money" so far this season.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    That's all you look at? Terrible

Win/loss collum on both sides. Team and individual.

Who gives a flying if his era is 10 if he still ends up wit the win?
    W/L is a terrible stat to look at. That's solely based on the offense's performance. If he was pitching for a team with a worse offense, his record would be terrible. He's pitching for the best offense in the league. He's getting a ton of run support. Only an idiot would look at W/L as a viable stat for a pitcher.

LOL WRECKED

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Agreed. The team with the best rotation should be favored heavily.
    Not really. The game has changed now. The best rotation doesn't always win it all nowadays.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    W/L is a terrible stat to look at. That's solely based on the offense's performance. If he was pitching for a team with a worse offense, his record would be terrible. He's pitching for the best offense in the league. He's getting a ton of run support. Only an idiot would look at W/L as a viable stat for a pitcher.

LOL WRECKED
    Your arguements are based on ifs and buts. LOL

You wrecked yourself. Specially when that post was made with like 15 games played overall. I will keep bumping this beauty, dont worry about it rolicans78.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Your arguements are based on ifs and buts. LOL

You wrecked yourself. Specially when that post was made with like 15 games played overall. I will keep bumping this beauty, dont worry about it rolicans78.
    You said he was money on 4/16/16 when he was anything but money at that point. So you wrecked yourself at that point. Give it up. You used W/L as a viable stat. You lost credibility when you went there.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That's all you look at? Terrible

Win/loss collum on both sides. Team and individual.

Who gives a flying if his era is 10 if he still ends up wit the win?
    Sorry, man, but that's a Joe Morgan-level take. Anyone who knows anything about baseball in today's world has figured out that pitchers have little-to-no control over their win/loss record, and W/L really only indicates how much run support they're getting from their offense. This isn't the 1900s anymore, where pitch counts weren't a thing and pitchers routinely threw complete games. Here in today's world, it's one of the most worthless stats in sports.

Price is a loser and always has been. He chokes in the playoffs, now he's choking under the pressure of that $217 million contract in a big market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said he was money on 4/16/16 when he was anything but money at that point. So you wrecked yourself at that point. Give it up. You used W/L as a viable stat. You lost credibility when you went there.
    Right, and at that point and time he was 2-0 and his ERA wasn't as atrocious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, man, but that's a Joe Morgan-level take. Anyone who knows anything about baseball in today's world has figured out that pitchers have little-to-no control over their win/loss record, and W/L really only indicates how much run support they're getting from their offense. This isn't the 1900s anymore, where pitch counts weren't a thing and pitchers routinely threw complete games. Here in today's world, it's one of the most worthless stats in sports.

Price is a loser and always has been. He chokes in the playoffs, now he's choking under the pressure of that $217 million contract in a big market.
    That may be. He has shown to be a proven choker for sure. But are we not talking about the now? At the time he was the only one doing anything worth a damn in that Boston dogout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. The game has changed now. The best rotation doesn't always win it all nowadays.
    But it helps when the top rotation is supported by the 2nd best offense and best defense. According to my recent calculations that combination results in a lot of wins, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robz4000

Why can't this type of happen to the Giants?

(I'm talking about the Padres blowing a 10 run lead)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robz4000

Why can't this type of happen to the Giants?

(I'm talking about the Padres blowing a 10 run lead)
    Because the Giants are actually a well-run franchise while the Padres are becoming a cannibalistic mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Giants are actually a well-run franchise while the Padres are becoming a cannibalistic mess.
    I've been there:

Remember watching ^^ with my dad. Just hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Entire starting rotation with a sub 3 ERA

League = Fcked

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seager hit a homer for the Dodgers in Atlanta a few days ago. The place was quiet so you can really appreciate the savagery to which he nailed the pitch and then the response from the crowd to it. Incredible sound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seager hit a homer for the Dodgers in Atlanta a few days ago. The place was quiet so you can really appreciate the savagery to which he nailed the pitch and then the response from the crowd to it. Incredible sound.
    He's on fire right now. 5 homers in the series against the Braves.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm so ing sick of the Rangers. Outperformed their expected win total by 6 games and we're not even 60 games in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

All this w/o Choo, Chirinos, and Stubbs. Kela and Scheppers should be back soon

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Machado just ed Ventura up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I don't reallythink they're the best team in baseball,” - Gerrit Cole

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    They're the best team right now and will probably have the best record in baseball by the team the playoffs start. However, the Giants are rolling too and they have that playoff mojo on their side. That will be an interesting NLCS because Washington will choke as usual in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah not really looking forward to facing Madbum in October, tbh. But we'll see about that if/when we get there. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride for now.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Indians up 7-0, Royals down 9-0? No way. Was told CLE couldn't score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yankees will be buyers by the end of the deadline... best bullpen in baseball.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Rangers are still paper-tiger choke artists... can't even hold a lead against an imploding Red Sox team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rangers are still paper-tiger choke artists... can't even hold a lead against an imploding Red Sox team
    Their bullpen is pretty bipolar. Some days it's elite and others it's the worst in the league. They need to acquire a proper closer along with another dependable starting pitcher.

Thread Information