Post Count

Height: 6-8
    Weight: 235 lbs
    Date of Birth: 12/16/1994
    Team: Wisconsin
    Hometown: Toledo, OH

Draft Express #52 27 March 2016
    NBAnet.com #43 2 April 2016

Fansided 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Can Ben Simmons save Sixers? by Chris Stone 10 March 2017

San Antonio has one of the best front offices in the league and they’ve done great job identifying young talent. At 21-years old, Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes isn’t exactly young, but he is a versatile front court option for the Spurs. With the San Antonio big men all getting up there in age, drafting depth up front would be an understandable decision.

Hayes would be a good complimentary player in San Antonio. He has struggled for the Badgers this season after taking on a much larger role in the offense following the departures of Frank Kaminsky and Sam Dekker. His three-point percentage has dropped to 33.0 percent as he’s increased his attempts per 40 minutes from 3.1 to 4.0. His two-point percentage has taken an even more precipitous drop. However, when Hayes was the beneficiary of playing with a more well-rounded roster, he flourished. As a sop re, Hayes knocked down 39.6 percent of this threes and 54.1 percent of his twos. In the NBA, Hayes won’t be a primary scoring option, but his history of success as a role player should translate well. At 6-8 with a nearly 7-4 wingspan and weighing in at 240 pounds, Hayes could also turn into a flexible defender at the next level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bumping this (came back for senior year at Wisconsin).

He's having a very nice game today against Nova. Looks to have defensive potential. He's a bully on offense, but, that said, he's playing against a small Nova front court today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bumping this (came back for senior year at Wisconsin).

He's having a very nice game today against Nova. Looks to have defensive potential. He's a bully on offense, but, that said, he's playing against a small Nova front court today.

Clutch basket near the end to beat Villanova.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clutch basket near the end to beat Villanova.
    Yeah, that was awesome. And then the wherewithal to gobble up that last Nova outlet attempt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still like this guy. Tough break on the Florida buzzer beater yesterday. He's currently projected as a late 2nd rounder which might but the Spurs in range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has talent as well as character and I for one respect that.......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like the Spurs to somehow get two second round picks and this is one kid I would pick up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, i like this kid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like this guys with our late 2nd rounder.

Thread Information