Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the way it was said.

you heads hear what you what to hear. You remind me of those little kids with their eyes closed and hands over their ears screaming "I can't hear you lalalalalalallalalala....."

One head says "well I never inhaled", and lets not forget the Intern's mentor who reminded us of the definition of "is". And of course all you dumb MFers just kept on nodding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This letter appeared in Newsday today. I got a kick out of it.

To cut crime: Kill the CEOs?

I was struck by the irony of "Bennett's big mistake" being followed a few pages later by "Convicted former Tyco executives denied bail" . William Bennett suggested on his radio show that aborting all black fetuses would reduce the crime rate, but it would be a reprehensible thing to do.

Of course, Bennett may have been more accurate and less personal by replacing "blacks" with "those without economic opportunity." The Tyco executives were convicted of stealing $150 million from Tyco and manipulating the stock price for another $430 million of gain. Let's see, how many purse-snatchings and pockets picked equals $580 million?

I've read that in this country the average chief executive is compensated 600 times as well as the lowest full-time employee. Is this capitalism or democracy? Is this pay deserved by merit? No, it's cronyism and theft on a grand scale. To reduce the effect of crime, wouldn't it be more cost-effective and save more lives by just killing all the CEOs? Then there's the advice to kill all the lawyers - I guess these are the people who often justify our madness. Maybe we should just kill everybody to solve our problems - or nobody.

Thread Information