Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Yep.

Olahoma was unprepared for us. We changed style and went to a grinding game that kept the ball in with the offense. D did not have to work as hard. This is not an effort issue. It's a coaching issue. We still have no idea if Strong is just a recruiter.

Teams after got a view of our offense and solved it easily. Make us pass. Baylor of course was dead in the water as their wide receiver QB could not move the ball. You Guys would have murdered us with the a QB.
    Do you disagree? Seriously the Baylor UT game was horrid. So you guys decided you could beat us with two legs cut off, and an arm . 4 th string QB and the outcome was in doubt. We were crap.
    The UT game was probably the one I enjoyed the most this year just because they played so hard to try to win. And of course Baylor would have won by 30 if they'd been able to complete a pass. , if they'd had an extra week to prepare they would have won easily. It's still not because they have superior players.

I totally agree that we don't know if Strong is a coach yet. Great teams are more than the sum of their parts. Texas hasn't shown that yet.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A great coach is much more important than great talent. I can take great talent and overwhelm any other team with any offense or defense, but a great coach can take much lesser talent and beat great talent with lesser talent by execution and determination. Houston beating FSU last year and ISU beating Texas last year are prime examples.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    A great coach is much more important than great talent. I can take great talent and overwhelm any other team with any offense or defense, but a great coach can take much lesser talent and beat great talent with lesser talent by execution and determination. Houston beating FSU last year and ISU beating Texas last year are prime examples.
    TCU is a great example of that. Gary Patterson is the best coach in the conference, imo

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Unless you're at UT, apparently.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    TCU is a great example of that. Gary Patterson is the best coach in the conference, imo
    I'd have to give the nod to Oklahoma State. Gundy's teams always seem to be punching above their weight class.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Big 10
    Top 5 easiest schedules

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'd have to give the nod to Oklahoma State. Gundy's teams always seem to be punching above their weight class.
    Good argument. But moving TCU from small conference to Big 12 to national le talk is incredible

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will never forget the UT TCU game in Austin when Boykin was QB and a freshman. I told some TCU fans welcome to the Big 12 and we want your coach. They said but, but, Mack Brown...? I said in order for you to stay in the Big 12 we will require you give us Patterson.

Of course they beat us. ANd this was before Patterson decided he needed OC help.

I know those TCU fans understood after that game.

Thread Information