Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got the ball to LMA, and Kawhi, then to LMA in the 2nd half when Kawhi was no longer there... 3 ast, 2 steals, and yes, he had a poor shooting night. But that was his job. That LMA then turned it over 6 times because he couldn't handle a double team, doesn't mean that "Mills can't run an offense". No, it means LMA chickened out...

This team isn't built with Mills as a 3rd option on offense or anything like that. It's a team built to give it to Kawhi and LMA, and we only deviated from that one game so far, and we've been doing pretty well. I mean, we're on the WCF which was supposed to be the ceiling right?

I mean, some people said with Mills starting we wouldn't be here? What happened?
    So you think "he played great"? That is your honest assessment? If that is the case, we just have to drop it because you and I see things VERY differently .

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't overpay a 6ft sg tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got the ball to LMA, and Kawhi, then to LMA in the 2nd half when Kawhi was no longer there... 3 ast, 2 steals, and yes, he had a poor shooting night. But that was his job. That LMA then turned it over 6 times because he couldn't handle a double team, doesn't mean that "Mills can't run an offense". No, it means LMA chickened out...

This team isn't built with Mills as a 3rd option on offense or anything like that. It's a team built to give it to Kawhi and LMA, and we only deviated from that one game so far, and we've been doing pretty well. I mean, we're on the WCF which was supposed to be the ceiling right?

I mean, some people said with Mills starting we wouldn't be here? What happened?
    SA is a damn good team and much better than everyone but GS. I dont think many people said SA wouldn't be "here" with Mills starting. I think, me personally at least, said that Mills was not a better option than Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think "he played great"? That is your honest assessment? If that is the case, we just have to drop it because you and I see things VERY differently .
    Yeah. I don't think he played any different than when we won by 39 against Houston. He maybe made more shots then, and Houston sets tier screens... but he didn't do anything much different, the Dubs are just a team that get away with a ton of , but we knew that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA is a damn good team and much better than everyone but GS. I dont think many people said SA wouldn't be "here" with Mills starting. I think, me personally at least, said that Mills was not a better option than Tony.
    I mean, there was plenty of people. I can't get mad with the fact that we hit our ceiling. GS is that much better team, but playing TP or Mills wouldn't really make any difference as far as Zaza setting fruity picks, etc.

If anything, going forward, I like that DJ is getting some experience.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the WORSE ing thing about a LMA run offense is that when he runs the time down to like 6 seconds, passing it back out to a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, there was plenty of people. I can't get mad with the fact that we hit our ceiling. GS is that much better team, but playing TP or Mills wouldn't really make any difference as far as Zaza setting fruity picks, etc.

If anything, going forward, I like that DJ is getting some experience.
    How can you see GS is "much better" when both in the regular season and this playoff game SA clearly had success vs them?

I mean, if you want to say they would win the series I totally understand. But this isn't some tier 1 vs tier 2 type deal. SA is on the same tier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't overpay a 6ft sg tbh
    That's the bottom line. His role is to make shots from 3. When that's not there guys should recognize he's limited in other areas. I thought he played well within himself etc, but it's true part of the reason the Spurs went to without Kawhi was lack of perimeter playmaking. Manu stepped up... but struggled a few posesiones and Simmons showed this is his first rodeo at this level,.. he also didn't handle that pressure well, but Pop kept going to him bc he wa a better option to get a shot than Mills ... I wanted to see more Murray instead.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the bottom line. His role is to make shots from 3. When that's not there guys should recognize he's limited in other areas. I thought he played well within himself etc, but it's true part of the reason the Spurs went to without Kawhi was lack of perimeter playmaking. Manu stepped up... but struggled a few posesiones and Simmons showed this is his first rodeo at this level,.. he also didn't handle that pressure well, but Pop kept going to him bc he wa a better option to get a shot than Mills ... I wanted to see more Murray instead.
    Simmons can't handle an offense in the half court. He's early transition and shifting defense attacker.

Patty is a short sg.

Both have value the Spurs are in a tough position this summer because these guys will likely receive offers well beyond their value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons can't handle an offense in the half court. He's early transition and shifting defense attacker.

Patty is a short sg.

Both have value the Spurs are in a tough position this summer because these guys will likely receive offers well beyond their value.
    I agree.
    We shall see. I like both within a role but it's just unknowable what they will get. I think Spurs do want them back within reason... but out of reason deals I think they are gone.... we shall see.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the WORSE ing thing about a LMA run offense is that when he runs the time down to like 6 seconds, passing it back out to a player.
    That's what you get when Fatty Mills gets PG duties

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outplayed by his rookie backup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you see GS is "much better" when both in the regular season and this playoff game SA clearly had success vs them?

I mean, if you want to say they would win the series I totally understand. But this isn't some tier 1 vs tier 2 type deal. SA is on the same tier.
    In what way the Spurs had more "success" in the regular season? This game played out exactly like the last RS game, just with the Spurs playing better defense and GS having KD for the whole game...

I think they're on a different tier... just IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what way the Spurs had more "success" in the regular season? This game played out exactly like the last RS game, just with the Spurs playing better defense and GS having KD for the whole game...

I think they're on a different tier... just IMO.
    Spurs obliterated them game 1 of the season. Had a massive lead (that they blew) again. Then had a huge lead today until Kawhi got hurt. Having 3 20+ point leads vs the same team is success. The Anamoly is GS coming back, not SA getting leads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs obliterated them game 1 of the season. Had a massive lead (that they blew) again. Then had a huge lead today until Kawhi got hurt. Having 3 20+ point leads vs the same team is success. The Anamoly is GS coming back, not SA getting leads.
    that was 100 games ago... it's like saying the Spurs beat them the last time they played a series. If anything, last game was the last frame of reference, and it surprisingly played a lot similar to today...

Too similar to be an anomaly. I picked the Dubs in 5, tbh, because I do think they're on a different tier, both game and talent wise at this point... I think it goes far beyond role players, they just have way more weapons and there's no coaching advantage for the Spurs. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was 100 games ago... it's like saying the Spurs beat them the last time they played a series. If anything, last game was the last frame of reference, and it surprisingly played a lot similar to today...

Too similar to be an anomaly. I picked the Dubs in 5, tbh, because I do think they're on a different tier, both game and talent wise at this point... I think it goes far beyond role players, they just have way more weapons and there's no coaching advantage for the Spurs. We'll see.
    Different tier does not go down 3 out of 5 games by 20+ points. Sorry. If Kawhi was not injured it would be 2 massive blow out wins with one other massive lead blown. So if SA beats GS 2 of 5 games in blowouts and one loss after blowing a huge lead, that doesnt change what you are saying?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't be a got dude. The only meaningful games are the playoffs. You cant too much from the RS. They were getting smoked until the best player on the planet went down. This was nothing like the RS. Don't be a got.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outplayed by his rookie backup
    Pay Fatty Mills crew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs beat GS by 29 and 22 this year. GS beat SA 12 & 2 (tonight). Like I said, if Kawhi isn't injured tonight, that would be 3 out of 4 wins by double digits.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The worst best pg on the Spurs roster, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different tier does not go down 3 out of 5 games by 20+ points. Sorry. If Kawhi was not injured it would be 2 massive blow out wins with one other massive lead blown. So if SA beats GS 2 of 5 games in blowouts and one loss after blowing a huge lead, that doesnt change what you are saying?
    We haven't played them in a series in 4 years... I don't care about regular season, tbh... this is where the meat is, and while I'm very proud of the Spurs reaching this stage (this is the ceiling I had for them this season), the most surprising part of today's game was the fact the Spurs started the game the way they did, not the Dubs eventually turning it around, tbh.

I love my Spurs, and would love to have a shot at the Cavs, but I don't think we're at the talent and game level the Dubs have been in the past 2-3 seasons. The only thing that would change my mind about it if the Spurs do beat them or it takes them more than 5 games for them to beat the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be a got dude. The only meaningful games are the playoffs. You cant too much from the RS. They were getting smoked until the best player on the planet went down. This was nothing like the RS. Don't be a got.
    Completely agree. I don't really care about RS, but if you were to take a game for reference from there, it would be whatever is recent, if any.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. I don't really care about RS, but if you were to take a game for reference from there, it would be whatever is recent, if any.
    The warriors barely beat up a depleted Spurs roster. That 20 point deficit with Kawhi, would probably balloon to 30 easy. It was that type of game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think some team is going to overpay for Patty, I just hope the TP situation doesn't make the Spurs be that team... Love Patty, but for the right price. He's not at the top PG in the league level.

DJ having a decent showing is good in that aspect.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how you can tell who was gonna win. The Spurs let off the gas a little and the Warriors made a little run, then the Spurs go serious and then they were up 20 again. The Spurs were controlling this whole game.

Thread Information