Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't played them in a series in 4 years... I don't care about regular season, tbh... this is where the meat is, and while I'm very proud of the Spurs reaching this stage (this is the ceiling I had for them this season), the most surprising part of today's game was the fact the Spurs started the game the way they did, not the Dubs eventually turning it around, tbh.

I love my Spurs, and would love to have a shot at the Cavs, but I don't think we're at the talent and game level the Dubs have been in the past 2-3 seasons. The only thing that would change my mind about it if the Spurs do beat them or it takes them more than 5 games for them to beat the Spurs.
    Well IMO you are foolish for not caring about the regular season. It's the biggest sample we have to date and what teams do in the regular season is usually pretty indicative of what they do in the post season.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think some team is going to overpay for Patty, I just hope the TP situation doesn't make the Spurs be that team... Love Patty, but for the right price. He's not at the top PG in the league level.

DJ having a decent showing is good in that aspect.
    Who the is DJ?

And you don't rely on a sop re to hold down the ship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The warriors barely beat up a depleted Spurs roster. That 20 point deficit with Kawhi, would probably balloon to 30 easy. It was that type of game.
    You knew Kawhi was going to be hobbled this series, that's been a concern going in. What happened today was bound to happen sooner or later, and I just don't think LMA can be that guy consistently anymore (despite that he earned my apology because he carried the team to what I thought it was the ceiling this season).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't played them in a series in 4 years... I don't care about regular season, tbh... this is where the meat is, and while I'm very proud of the Spurs reaching this stage (this is the ceiling I had for them this season), the most surprising part of today's game was the fact the Spurs started the game the way they did, not the Dubs eventually turning it around, tbh.

I love my Spurs, and would love to have a shot at the Cavs, but I don't think we're at the talent and game level the Dubs have been in the past 2-3 seasons. The only thing that would change my mind about it if the Spurs do beat them or it takes them more than 5 games for them to beat the Spurs.
    Sure it was "surprising" to see SA dominate GS on their floor in a WCF, but looking back at what SA has done to them all year, it painted a pretty clear picture that SA is a team that clearly gives GS major issues.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You knew Kawhi was going to be hobbled this series, that's been a concern going in. What happened today was bound to happen sooner or later, and I just don't think LMA can be that guy consistently anymore (despite that he earned my apology because he carried the team to what I thought it was the ceiling this season).
    Sooner or later? You mean being cheapshotted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well IMO you are foolish for not caring about the regular season. It's the biggest sample we have to date and what teams do in the regular season is usually pretty indicative of what they do in the post season.
    The regular season is good to have an overall idea of the talent level and development (in GS case, the former is probably a waste, since everybody know their talent). Playoff matchups are different, rotations shorter, much bigger gameplanning.

As much as I hate DWest and Zaza, the Dubs are a lot of what the Spurs are: continuity, a core, well coached, resilient, etc. They took a lot of the Spurs model as their own, and that's something the Spurs should be proud of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooner or later? You mean being cheapshotted?
    Being hurt. He couldn't give the Spurs 100% this series. It's a shame, and not his fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty has a good game he's a baller. He has a bad game he's a got.

ty fans are ty, nothing new. ing fair weather fat ass got fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is DJ?

Looks like you know who DJ is...

You don't rely on a sop re, but as much as I want Patty to stay with the Spurs, you don't tie up major cap space for him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    trying to pin this loss on Patty
    porker fluffers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty has a good game he's a baller. He has a bad game he's a got.

ty fans are ty, nothing new. ing fair weather fat ass got fans.
    In some cases is more playerfan/agenda driven, which is sad, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how you can tell who was gonna win. The Spurs let off the gas a little and the Warriors made a little run, then the Spurs go serious and then they were up 20 again. The Spurs were controlling this whole game.
    You don't lose a game that you had a 25pt lead in if you're controlling the whole game. The whole game is 48 minutes.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you know who DJ is...

You don't rely on a sop re, but as much as I want Patty to stay with the Spurs, you don't tie up major cap space for him.
    Major cap space is 16 mil on manu. Dude better not get paid more than 3 mil for a roster spot next year. And talking about waste of space, lets get rid of tonys contract along with pau.

Patty is one of the top 3 players we have right now. Believe it or not.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't lose a game that you had a 25pt lead in if you're controlling the whole game. The whole game is 48 minutes.
    Did you forget Kawhi getting under cut?...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In some cases is more playerfan/agenda driven, which is sad, tbh
    When we steamrolled Houston, that was our (my) Finals. This we are doing now is just house money and then some. We are way the out of our league right now. The Spurs are playing 2x above their heads. I am proud of them. I have good feelings about next year but these days colluding players make it hard to compete even if you play the right way, but the Spurs send that message that playing good ball is still the best answer, it's what the NBA fans want.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When we steamrolled Houston, that was our (my) Finals. This we are doing now is just house money and then some. We are way the out of our league right now. The Spurs are playing 2x above their heads. I am proud of them. I have good feelings about next year but these days colluding players make it hard to compete even if you play the right way, but the Spurs send that message that playing good ball is still the best answer, it's what the NBA fans want.
    Get the out of here. Srs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you forget Kawhi getting under cut?...
    No, but "whole" means 100%, not middle of the 3rd quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the out of here. Srs.
    Kill yourself already, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a starter someplace else want to be pg

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the regular season could be seen as mostly not very relevant the better the teams would seemingly make it more relevant. Obviously because they'll be trying a little harder than in a standard reg season game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Major cap space is 16 mil on manu. Dude better not get paid more than 3 mil for a roster spot next year. And talking about waste of space, lets get rid of tonys contract along with pau.

Patty is one of the top 3 players we have right now. Believe it or not.
    Manu will likely be gone, tbh. which is another headache...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu will likely be gone, tbh. which is another headache...
    Just like Parker...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    trying to pin this loss on Patty
    porker fluffers
    If only he went 2 for 8 instead of 1-8 from three. It would still be ty but the Spurs would have won. The offensive flow was completely dysfunctional in the 4th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a starter someplace else want to be pg
    Yeah, I'd take Patty back if he want to be a combo shooting guard off the bench, but unfortunately I need the starting PG to actually be able to run the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is DJ?

He's the PG we wanted to replace Parker with all season. Here are his playoff numbers:

4.5 PPG, 1.8 APG, 39% shooting

Thread Information