Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send this overweight ugly SOB back to the aboriginal hut he came from

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could have got Elfrid Payton for a 2nd round pick. I can't understand why we paid Mills so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could have got Elfrid Payton for a 2nd round pick. I can't understand why we paid Mills so much.
    *hiccup* Iths not 4 u two understand dumbassth. *hiccup* U justh keep buying tickets to sthupport my wine habit....Donald Trump suckths...wheres my boy toy the Red Boner....I wanna kiss the you...*hiccup*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even play Patty on 2k18 anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good call, tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OPs threads are a reason he got pinked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all smiles now, but it'll soon hurt pretty bad. Grease your assess for some textbook Patty clanks and flea hopping defense style.

It's pretty telling that green can play mills bench role better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shot 3-9 from the field. Thank god we had good play from the backup SG spot for once though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shot 3-9 from the field. Thank god we had good play from the backup SG spot for once though
    A W is a W, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it makes more sense to play Patty and Murray together, they get out there and run. They're quick and it makes the team tougher to defend. Patty can defend the PG or the worst of the two and Murray can defend either the better player or the SG. But on offense Murray is the PG and Patty is the SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Paddy was more about strengthening the undersized and defensively challenged bench by giving his bench minutes to Danny, while being able to hide Paddys deficiencies with a better defensive group than it was about Paddy himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all smiles now, but it'll soon hurt pretty bad. Grease your assess for some textbook Patty clanks and flea hopping defense style.

It's pretty telling that green can play mills bench role better.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    A W is a W, tbh...
    No Manu, no problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Paddy was more about strengthening the undersized and defensively challenged bench by giving his bench minutes to Danny, while being able to hide Paddys deficiencies with a better defensive group than it was about Paddy himself.
    Think it was some of that but also Mills is a more explosive offensive player and his offensive can help the starting unit while Green's D helps the bench and Parker and Manu will help him find open shots. Murray and Anderson are good defenders and Aldridge and Gasol are both excellent at protecting the rim so Green shouldn't be but so missed on that end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it was some of that but also Mills is a more explosive offensive player and his offensive can help the starting unit while Green's D helps the bench and Parker and Manu will help him find open shots. Murray and Anderson are good defenders and Aldridge and Gasol are both excellent at protecting the rim so Green shouldn't be but so missed on that end.
    I am not sure it's permanent. For example, Manu wasn't playing in that particular game, and the one in Denver, Danny was out due to the stomach flu (or bad spaguetti) and Pop said in the game interview that he had guys in minutes restrictions (I assume he referred to Rudy Gay, whose minutes have been controlled, and Danny, coming back from a flu).

We shall see what happens. I tend to think things are very much in flux. What I don't like is to see Pop play 13 guys at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Manu, no problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a lot of truth to this. He might be better starting next to a guard who can actually defend. Starting him with Kawhi, LMA and DJ would probably be a decent move, limiting his minutes with Manu returning to come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many things about this move make sense. Although I, too, doubt it was anything more than an expedient or one of Pop's experiments.

On a slightly more Machiavellian note: does bringing Danny off the bench possibly decrease other teams' interest, making him easier to retain. Otoh, might it really piss him off? Could Danny's relationship with PATFO also be CHILLING?!?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many things about this move make sense. Although I, too, doubt it was anything more than an expedient or one of Pop's experiments.

On a slightly more Machiavellian note: does bringing Danny off the bench possibly decrease other teams' interest, making him easier to retain. Otoh, might it really piss him off? Could Danny's relationship with PATFO also be CHILLING?!?!?!
    I have no idea, but I do think Danny is ready to look out for himself more this summer. He took the $10 mill/yr in his last contract bc he really didn't want to leave and that was the summer the Spurs signed Lamarcus and Kawhi got a raise so he knew the Spurs offered what they could.

However for the past couple of seasons he has been in trade discussions and he also saw Paddy and Pau get generous deals. I think he wants to be back of course but so much depends on whether the Spurs want to go after a premier FA, so he is getting ready to look out for his bottom line.

I don't think it would affect him in FA if he plays more bench minutes going forward. He has not been benched bc he's fallen from a cliff. Any GM can see the Spurs bench this season is very undersized and has needed help defensively while Dijon and Kyle have been good defensively without Danny in the lineup, enough to hold their own. But in terms of Danny's ego, we can only speculate about that.

The summer is unpredictable to me in general. There's a possibility they want to go after a FA again. However, I am currently leaning towards them standing pat with perhaps some minor changes in the margins for guys not coming back getting switched with perhaps a draft pick or a veteran in a small deal.

Retaining/resigning Kiwi and their own guys might be their priority and I wouldn't be dissappointed if that's all they do.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 02-28-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retaining/resigning Kiwi and their own guys might be their priority and I wouldn't be dissappointed if that's all they do.
    "Standing pat" also allows use of the MLE, though I don't know how close that would take them to the tax if Rudy opts in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Standing pat" also allows use of the MLE, though I don't know how close that would take them to the tax if Rudy opts in.
    Yea I haven't done any crunching of numbers myself, and adding their draft pick and someone like Milutinov would require them to open up some roster spots, so by logical deduction, some guys won't be back. We can only speculate who.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wooooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OPs threads are a reason he got pinked.
    Spin this ya autist midget

Spurs def rating with and without Patty on the court.

On (1,510mins) - 106.4pp/100 (16th in NBA)

Off (1,466mins) - 98.0pp/100 (1st in NBA)

Yet, Pop & Messina are playing him 35 mpg the past 3 games..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

Lets be honest. The only reason this fat midget is starting is because some Cleveland fan dropped a truth nuke.

Thread Information