My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If KL doesn't sign the supermax with the Spurs this off-season, my guess is they will all retire together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If KL doesn't sign the supermax with the Spurs this off-season, my guess is they will all retire together.
    I think Parker could still play for another year or two. Some team would be interested in signing him as a backup. I wonder if Parker would just quit or would he play just to get some more pay checks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Parker could still play for another year or two. Some team would be interested in signing him as a backup. I wonder if Parker would just quit or would he play just to get some more pay checks.
    He could, but if those 3 (Pop, Manu and Tony) all meet after exits and Kawhi still cant wipe his own ass, my moneys on them all agreeing to call it done

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will be able to play with the Spurs, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will be able to play with the Spurs, tbh.
    Yes that's true. He could stay with the Spurs even if Pop and Manu retire and just collect paychecks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and Manu are not retiring together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and Manu are not retiring together.
    Never underestimate Manu's heart and desire...to come back and keep collecting paychecks knowing Pop will never force him off the team, and continue to make him his sixth man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all should go. But Parker could be a serviceable backup / mentor for the next couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should be an assistant coach for the Spurs and then hopefully full time if Messina doesn't work out. Agree that Parker's mentorship of Dejounte would be great!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have started to wonder if Manu might move to the Spurs' bench whenever he retires. I have even wondered if he might transition as a player/coach. Are their any salary cap implications for being a player/coach?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never underestimate Manu's heart and desire...to come back and keep collecting paychecks knowing Pop will never force him off the team, and continue to make him his sixth man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have started to wonder if Manu might move to the Spurs' bench whenever he retires. I have even wondered if he might transition as a player/coach. Are their any salary cap implications for being a player/coach?
    I can't answer your question, but he's under contract next year. How that impacts him coaching? Strict answer is it makes me think it he wants to come back next year he will do it as a player.

MAnu has repeatedly said in many interviews that coaching is not on his mind. As a player he's only responsible for taking care of his body and being ready to play, the coaches work a lot more. He has said that. He's definitely not itching to coach. But perhaps after one year away from the game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double post ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allowing Pop to retire would be a travesty. This wanker should be fired this offseason. Don’t let this selfish pos quit on his own terms. That would he disgusting!

Thread Information