Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    South Amricans "lack of d"

Ask any south American star foward/midfielder (and when I say "any", I mean "any". Going from Messi, Maradona, Ronladinho and fat Ronaldo to the tiest South American forward that has ever played in Europe) where are they defended the hardest. All of them will tell you in south america.
    the hardest does not mean the best. I agree that south americans play with more expressed passion, but uncontrolled passion leads to lack of discipline, and football, is becoming an increasingly rational sport, dominated by discipline (italy'06, spain'10, germany'14). These days mistakes and chokes are far costlier then slightly inferior talent. Also playing without being overly passionate is not necessarily playing without heart. I can assure you italians are the source of the "latin" in latin america, yet they are disciplined in their organization.

son why are you not a kobe fan? you fit the template to a T, the passion, admiring stats over context, admiring chokers, the weak trolling and the saltiness. You could've been a great kobe fan tbh god bless tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    probably a combination of them being cucked at home after being up 2-0 and Felipe Melo getting under their skin during the game tbh...even before the tournament he gave an interview saying he'd have no problem slapping around some Uruguayans so they were probably still butt hurt by that too

eh I don't really agree with that but for the sake of discussion I'd say they lack a bit on fundamentals but imo the biggest problem is lack of tactical discipline which goes back to coaching I guess
    for me the games are wayyy to wide, stronger tactical systems would punish this nonchalance easily imo. SA coaches need to get their asses out of the backwater leagues and learn trade in europe tbh. Imagine simeone coaching argentina tbh... we don't even sniff '14.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    the hardest does not mean the best. I agree that south americans play with more expressed passion, but uncontrolled passion leads to lack of discipline, and football, is becoming an increasingly rational sport, dominated by discipline (italy'06, spain'10, germany'14). These days mistakes and chokes are far costlier then slightly inferior talent. Also playing without being overly passionate is not necessarily playing without heart. I can assure you italians are the source of the "latin" in latin america, yet they are disciplined in their organization.

son why are you not a kobe fan? you fit the template to a T, the passion, admiring stats over context, admiring chokers, the weak trolling and the saltiness. You could've been a great kobe fan tbh god bless tbh.
    'cause I like effective players that aren't sociopaths, tbh.

If anything, you are the perfect Kobe fan. An old fart in love with nostalgic, outdated narratives, tbh.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

Dude, South American Ball clubs can't even comepte with Asian Clubs and you're here trying to argue Libertadores > Europe.

What are you smoking?

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Daaaaaaamn

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    South Amricans "lack of d"

Ask any south American star foward/midfielder (and when I say "any", I mean "any". Going from Messi, Maradona, Ronladinho and fat Ronaldo to the tiest South American forward that has ever played in Europe) where are they defended the hardest. All of them will tell you in south america.
    This is true tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    This is true tbh
    Son I think I get what you're trying to say tbh, in SA stars are defended like NBA stars are defended when they go to monkey events (rucker, showcase league) where the other guys just get overly physical to compensate for lack of skill/coaching but also reach a lot hoping to make a play, so the overall D is pretty horrible and the stars just act as gravity for their teammates, who can do whatever they want against such an asinine defensive structure.
    I actually remember seeing a game like this (with messi, not sure against which 3/4th tier team, something like colombia), where messi was doubled/tripled/shadowed leading to multiple hilarious defense collapses, in europe you'd lose your coaching job pretty quickly over such dumbassery but it's SA tbh: s think they're contenders after getting rammed 7-1 in front of their moms.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

If anything, you are the perfect Kobe fan. An old fart in love with nostalgic, outdated narratives, tbh.
    Come on son, you know deep down that what I'm saying is true

for good measure tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

btw, if you wouldn't know who these people are, who'd you take for the rapist sociopath and who for the clumsy tax evader tbh?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Dude, South American Ball clubs can't even comepte with Asian Clubs and you're here trying to argue Libertadores > Europe.

What are you smoking?
    Who's trying to argue that?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Come on son, you know deep down that what I'm saying is true

for good measure tbh
    No, what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever. But that happens with people that reach a certain age, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Son I think I get what you're trying to say tbh, in SA stars are defended like NBA stars are defended when they go to monkey events (rucker, showcase league) where the other guys just get overly physical to compensate for lack of skill/coaching but also reach a lot hoping to make a play, so the overall D is pretty horrible and the stars just act as gravity for their teammates, who can do whatever they want against such an asinine defensive structure.
    I actually remember seeing a game like this (with messi, not sure against which 3/4th tier team, something like colombia), where messi was doubled/tripled/shadowed leading to multiple hilarious defense collapses, in europe you'd lose your coaching job pretty quickly over such dumbassery but it's SA tbh: s think they're contenders after getting rammed 7-1 in front of their moms.
    Argentina almost won the last WC by not conceding a single ing goal in regulation for 4 straight games (granted, all against generic harmless Euro teams, but still). The are you talking about?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Argentina almost won the last WC by not conceding a single ing goal in regulation for 4 straight games (granted, all against generic harmless Euro teams, but still). The are you talking about?
    son we were talking about copa libertadors tbh .. but now that you mentioned it, yes, it was unexpected, but defense was the only reliable thing in that argentine squad, great coaching job tbh, too bad he couldn't find a confident attacking player to score a goal or two.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    son we were talking about copa libertadors tbh .. but now that you mentioned it, yes, it was unexpected, but defense was the only reliable thing in that argentine squad, great coaching job tbh, too bad he couldn't find a confident attacking player to score a goal or two.
    The downside of having the best player ever as a decoy on an island on midfield. It helped the team's defense by having the other team constantly worried about him and comitting many guys forward, and with taking control of possession in midifield 'cause nobody could take the ball out of him without comitting a foul; but we suffered on O because of it. But it is what it is, they got a final when they had no business making it, tbh.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Dat spin

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The downside of having the best player ever as a decoy on an island on midfield. It helped the team's defense by having the other team constantly worried about him and comitting many guys forward, and with taking control of possession in midifield 'cause nobody could take the ball out of him without comitting a foul; but we suffered on O because of it. But it is what it is, they got a final when they had no business making it, tbh.
    god damn son this entire quote is into into . my head hurts tbh And you top it off by saying that germany had any business in winning in '14 against a MUCHmore talented argentina playing in south america

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    god damn son this entire quote is into into . my head hurts tbh And you top it off by saying that germany had any business in winning in '14 against a MUCHmore talented argentina playing in south america
    Germany was the main contender, even before the WC started. I don't who you are trying to fool with this bull " Germany is always the underdog. we are just so awesome that we always overachieve "

Neuer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romero

Lahm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zabaleta

Hummels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demichelis

Boateng >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garay

Howedes >> Rojo

Schweinsteiger = Mascherano

Khedira >> Biglia

Kroos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perez

Mueller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lavezzi

Ozil <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Messi

Klose < Higuían (with the disclaimer that Higuaín usually sucks on finals)

But Argentina was the MUCH more talented team

The re ed ignorant bull one has to read
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-01-2017 at 01:48 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Germany was the main contender, even before the WC started. I don't who you are trying to fool with this bull " Germany is always the underdog. we are just so awesome that we always overachieve "

Neuer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romero

Lahm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zabaleta

Hummels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demichelis

Boateng >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garay

Howedes >> Rojo

Schweinsteiger = Mascherano

Khedira >> Biglia

Kroos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perez

Mueller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lavezzi

Ozil <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Messi

Klose < Higuían (with the disclaimer that Higuaín usually sucks on finals)

But Argentina was the MUCH more talented team

The re ed ignorant bull one has to read
    Lmao son higuain >>>>>>>> klose and messi >>>> our entire midfield combined. also don't forget Romero kept you in that tournament more than once so imo he was closer to neuer that many think. And garay/demichelis/mascherano/zabaleta played a quality defense. Your advantage up front should've been decisive, no if buts or maybes.

here are the vegas odds for the first 10 contenders (at tournament start)

Brazil 3/1

Argentina 9/2

Germany 5/1

Spain 7/1

Belgium 14/1

France 20/1

Colombia 22/1

Holland 22/1

Italy 22/1

Uruguay 25/1

Just accept it that we overcame adversity playing in an unfriendly atmosphere (south america) and unfriendly climate (too hot for us ) and we still won by beating #1, #2, #6 (grudge match..) and penaldo on our way to the ring, while you barely got by #5, #7 and nigeria/iran in the easiest path to the finals in the last 20 years and still lost it on your own continent, with the would be goat. Come on son it's not that hard tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Lmao son higuain >>>>>>>> klose and messi >>>> our entire midfield combined. also don't forget Romero kept you in that tournament more than once so imo he was closer to neuer that many think. And garay/demichelis/mascherano/zabaleta played a quality defense. Your advantage up front should've been decisive, no if buts or maybes.

here are the vegas odds for the first 10 contenders (at tournament start)

Brazil 3/1

Argentina 9/2

Germany 5/1

Spain 7/1

Belgium 14/1

France 20/1

Colombia 22/1

Holland 22/1

Italy 22/1

Uruguay 25/1

Just accept it that we overcame adversity playing in an unfriendly atmosphere (south america) and unfriendly climate (too hot for us ) and we still won by beating #1, #2, #6 (grudge match..) and penaldo on our way to the ring, while you barely got by #5, #7 and nigeria/iran in the easiest path to the finals in the last 20 years and still lost it on your own continent, with the would be goat. Come on son it's not that hard tbh.
    Nice link to those odds, tbh. Why do you post everybody's odds "/1" but Argentina's "/2"? BTW, here are Vegas odds before the final

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.ib...4820%3Famp%3D1

Germany +120 - Argentina +240

Good luck trying to spin that .

Anyway, I don't care what a bunch of betters with no knowledge of the game say. Everybody that knew a little about football knew Germany was the main candidate.

lol at you trying to spin this in some way to make it seem like you didn't have the decisive talent advantage.

Funny is that if this was a "who has more talented players? South America or Europe?" argument you would be all-in singing the complete opposite tune to fit your elitist, racist agenda.
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-01-2017 at 03:36 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Nice link to those odds, tbh. Why do you post everybody's odds "/1" but Argentina's "/2"? BTW, here are Vegas odds before the final

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.ib...4820%3Famp%3D1

Germany +120 - Argentina +240

Good luck trying to spin that .
    First 9/2 odds mean 2 out of 9 .. so argentina wasn't really special in notation, it just had a 0.22 estimated chance to win it all.

also posting odds before the final instead of before the tournament
    here you go champ, odds at the beginning of the compe ion (vegas) : http://www.vegasinsider.com/soccer/story.cfm/story/1474935
    also quoting bovada: http://www.ibtimes.com/world-cup-201...nament-1559015
    also quoting oddsshark: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fifa-showpiece

I'll save you the time and tell you they are word for word what I've posted initially. You can stop melting down tbh.

Anyway, I don't care what a bunch of betters with no knowledge of the game say. Everybody that knew a little about football knew Germany was the main candidate.

lol at you trying to spin this in some way to make it seem like you didn't have the decisive talent advantage.

Funny is that if this was a "who has more talented players? South America or Europe?" argument you would be all-in singing the complete opposite tune to fit your elitist, racist agenda.
    first absolutely CROLF @ bolded. The oddsmakers are some of the most knowledgeable people out there, with brasil they were taxing the casuals but argentina, germany and france were all quality picks tbh.

son we both know that you don't win a world cup just by defending unless you have defensive core of nesta-cannavaro-buffon-zambrotta-gattuso, aka a footballing unicorn ( while typing, that's 3 GOATs at their position). So unless you have that (and barely win) you need to score goals and have a good enough defense. The tournament proved that argentina had a very good defense and a competent coach, so with heavyweight attacking pieces like missi/higuain/lavezzi/di maria it should've been a wrap. But it wasn't because missi blew his load on nigeria and iran, he was absolutely pedestrian in both semis and finals, just another goetze tbh. If he would really be the GOAT he should've won that singlehandedly tbh, one good individual goal in 90 mins and that's that.

And tbh you are wrong about my position on the subject, south america has players with far more talent (control, dribbling, vision, instincts, aggresivity), but europe produces better professional footballers because it actually bothers teaching/using fundamentals and also teaches teamwork over individualism (penaldo himself won as a teamplayer). That's why the gap between europe and south merica has been increasing the past 20 years.

Just for the s, I'll add that argentina only reached the final because it played a modern (european) style, with players who learned their craft in europe, and that we all saw what happens when you bring that south merican favelaball against high quality opponents, they'll put 7 training ground goals in your net, at a walking pace, which leads me to my original point tbh, why are south american teams playing such a dumb style?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Sorry son, but after saying Argentina had more talent than Germany in '14 you lost all credibility, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Sorry son, but after saying Argentina had more talent than Germany in '14 you lost all credibility, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    No amount of smilies will save you on this one, tbh.

Thread Information