Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you feel it's well deserved or others deserve a couple votes?(LeBron, Kawhi, etc)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like Tony the Tiger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont expect him to be winning by alot of votes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Tony the Tiger
    Who? The cereal thing?

It won't be an issue. Curry has been good, combined with others being meh. Playoffs LeBron is probably still better than playoffs curry. But this regular season, so curry wins.

It's a group think thing, but it makes sense that the unanimous vote goes to a record setting regular season team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't happen; so, I'm not worried, tbh.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone will vote for Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shaq in 2000 was probably the most no doubt about it and he did not get it ...
    So i expect at least one media clown to make some kind of alternative argument for Kiwi, Russ or LeBron
    Also Lebron had a few no doubt about it seasons and should have been a unanimous selection as well.

IF the two most dominating pohysical players who also had a high skill level (especially James) did not sweep 100% of the 1st place votes, I doubt steph does ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't make me feel anything except: "These voters were pretty ty and dumb to not unanimously vote certain other players in the past as unanimous MVP", since there have been better clear cut MVPs than Curry tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? He's going to get it and that's that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like Tony the Tiger
    bwahaha

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So i expect at least one media clown to make some kind of alternative argument for Kiwi, Russ or LeBron
    Also Lebron had a few no doubt about it seasons and should have been a unanimous selection as well.

IF the two most dominating pohysical players who also had a high skill level (especially James) did not sweep 100% of the 1st place votes, I doubt steph does ...
    still can't believe shall has only one. 1 MVP, tells you a lot about this dang mvp award

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    still can't believe shall has only one. 1 MVP, tells you a lot about this dang mvp award
    No doubt about it. Spurfan loves to point out that Kobe only has one ...
    but Shaq only having one and Malone winning over jordan ...
    Nash winning backtoback in Kobe and Lebron's prime
    Rose over LeBron ...

are all examples of that ty award ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose over LeBron ...

I'll agree with that. Shaq could have had one in Orlando too lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldnt be surprised, and he should be tbh, 73-9 - best shooter, best team, blowing teams out left and right, barley playing 4th quarters, wtf more do you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok with it. Some loner is going to vote Lebron or Westbrook just to get their name mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deserves it, but with all that illegal offense and defense Warrioref get away with, and Kerr's -eating grin: I don't have to like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ive been seeing this a lot, except they've been using it as an argument for why Steph shouldn't win MVP. Because voters ed up in the past, Steph doesn't deserve the unanimous vote, even though 10/10 people believe he's the MVP

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We've seen things from Curry that no one has ever seen. We have never seen a season as strong as Curry. I will declare the voting rigged if he doesn't win unanimous MVP. Curry changed the game globally; Jordan changed the game, but not to the extent that Steph has, mainly because most people can't dunk, but they can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've seen things from Curry that no one has ever seen. We have never seen a season as strong as Curry. I will declare the voting rigged if he doesn't win unanimous MVP. Curry changed the game globally; Jordan changed the game, but not to the extent that Steph has, mainly because most people can't dunk, but they can shoot.
    nothing more then a overglorified steve nash given the green light to chuck...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose over LeBron ...

The fact that Duncan doesn't have a single DPOY means all of those committee awards are ing worthless.

Still happy that Kawhi got the DPOY, and with modern advanced stats we might see more Guard/Forward players get considered instead of who leads the league in blocks. 15 years ago Whiteside would have won the DPOY without even a second thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza got a DPOY vote (3rd place, I know), someone will not vote for Curry. Multiple people, most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Duncan doesn't have a single DPOY means all of those committee awards are ing worthless.

Still happy that Kawhi got the DPOY, and with modern advanced stats we might see more Guard/Forward players get considered instead of who leads the league in blocks. 15 years ago Whiteside would have won the DPOY without even a second thought.
    So maybe the awards have become more meaningful. Duncan's prime was pre-advanced stats/pre-new media, unfortunately, but Kawhi will receive the praise he deserves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Great points.
    I do think Steph deserves unanimous ...
    But the media are idiots tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There aren't that many great defenders now. You have to defend the perimeter instead of the paint most often. In Duncan's day there were several paint defenders and some good perimeter defense. It didn't help he played alongside Robinson then Bowen and now Kawhi. Hard to be noticed as much when you have that level of defense on your team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great points.
    I do think Steph deserves unanimous ...
    But the media are idiots tbh
    All you need to do to see how insane Steph is is how much worse off the Warriors are when he sits.

73-9 with him. Pull Curry and I bet that team has trouble winning 55 games, especially considering how many close ones they had down the stretch.

Thread Information