Height: 6-5
    Weight: 202 lbs
    Date of Birth: 03/06/1995
    Team: Villanova
    Hometown: Washington, D.C.

DraftExpress #67
    NBADraft.net not top 100

#29 Bleacher Report by Tyler Conway, 25 April 2016
    Last edited by Drom John; 01-24-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford's 2017 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    #29 5 January 2017 ish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FanRag: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Midseason edition
    Daniel O'Brien, Jan. 24, 2017

29. San Antonio Spurs: Josh Hart, Villanova SG (6’5″, Sr.)

Not many upperclassmen are picked in the average draft, especially drafts that are deep with young talent. But Josh Hart isn’t a typical upperclassman, and the San Antonio Spurs aren’t a conventional organization.

Villanova’s veteran leader has improved as a shooter and playmaker while handling an increased workload this season. He uses sharp footwork to get to the rim, and he’s also created for teammates splendidly. Hart’s assists per 40 minutes have climbed from 2.5 to 4.3 this season.

Gregg Popovich would maximize Hart’s offensive IQ and defensive intensity in his system. Thanks to his patience and vision, Hart would serve as both a supplementary scorer and secondary facilitator for the Spurs’ reserve unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA DraftDownload App
    NBA Mock Draft 2017: End of January Update
    Jonathan Wasserman
    NBA Lead Writer
    January‎ ‎31‎, ‎2017

The San Antonio Spurs will value Josh Hart's maturity and potential to thrive in a supporting NBA role. He lacks explosiveness and a core strength but covers enough ground with shooting, passing and defense.

His 18.7 points, 3.4 assists, 1.9 threes and 52.6 percent mark from the field are each career highs.

Of all the seniors, Hart appears to have the best shot at replicating Malcolm Brogdon's success as a jack-of-all-trades for the Milwaukee Bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That he can't shoot threes all that well is concerning. But I really want a scoring guard to compliment Murray off the bench. That he's apparently on the right track defensively also helps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS Sports: Gary Parrish's 2017 NBA Mock Draft 1.0: UK's Fox among 4 point guards in top 10
    Washington's struggles won't keep Markelle Fultz from going first overall
    by Gary Parrish GaryParrishCBS
    2h ago • 9 min [AKA 7 February 2017]

29 Spurs

Josh Hart, SG, Villanova

Every junior who returns for his senior year doesn't actually help himself with NBA people. But Josh Hart definitely has. He's a Player of the Year favorite for a Villanova team on pace to earn a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. That he's established himself as a reliable 3-point shooter has been worth millions of dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN: Chad Ford Mock 3.0: Full first round for 2017 NBA draft

29. San Antonio Spurs
    Josh Hart
    Villanova
    Senior
    Guard

Hart just feels like a Spurs player: solid, no ego and can hurt you in a number of ways, such as hitting 3s and getting to the basket.

The Spurs have Danny Green to do a lot of that, but with Manu Ginobili potentially in his last season, Hart could be a nice fit.

Projected record: 62-20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Pre-All Star Game Edition
    Jonathan Wasserman, NBA Lead Writer
    ‎February‎ ‎15‎, ‎2017

with new quote:
    By improving his playmaking and shooting, Josh Hart has strengthened his NBA case this year as a potential role player.

Age and average athleticism limit him to late first-round looks, but alongside veterans in San Antonio, Hart fits playing a jack of all trades off the bench.

A tough defender who's taken his scoring to another level, averaging 18.8 points and two three-point makes per game, he checks enough boxes with the tools to compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def Pen 2017 NBA Mock Draft 2.0: Markelle Fultz Remains on Top
    Austin Reed, February 21, 2017

29) SG Josh Hart (Villanova)

Hart has improved every year of his college career. His three point accuracy improving to above 40% is why he now becomes a first round pick. Hart is a perfect fit for the Spurs because of the Villanova culture he comes from being fundamentally sound. Hart is a guy who will do all the little things similar for a team. Almost like Corey Brewer, that 15 year vet who opposing teams hate to play against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely my early favorite, probably gets drafted higher though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Sir Charles in Charge: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Point Guards Dominate The Top 5
    by Tony Webb 4 hours ago [aka 27 February 2017]

No. 29 San Antonio Spurs- Josh Hart ( Villanova, SR, Shooting Guard)

This is such a “Spurs” pick, but it fits.

Villanova’s Josh Hart is an established winner with defending National Champions who plays gritty, hard defense and has all the tools of an NBA player.

Nothing about him stands out as an NBA star, with average athleticism and lack of elite scoring abilities. Hart, however, can certainly do enough to come off the bench for Coach Pop and he’d fit nicely into the Spurs organization.

There probably isn’t a better fit for the Spurs organization than Hart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report:
    2017 NBA Mock Draft: Projecting All 30 First-Round Picks in Early March
    Jonathan Wasserman
    NBA Lead Writer
    March‎ ‎1‎, ‎2017

with new quote:
    29. San Antonio Spurs: Josh Hart (Villanova, SG, Senior)

Josh Hart could sneak into the back end of the first round if enough underclassmen return to school. The San Antonio Spurs—one of the few teams in the 20s which still owns its pick—will be potential suitors.

Hart would fit in with the Spurs the same way Malcolm Brogdon has with the Milwaukee Bucks. A jack-of-all-trades guard, Hart can play to his strengths as an open shot-maker, opportunistic driver and passer—and away from his weaknesses as a shot-creator.

A high 27.4 percent usage rate and tiny 10.8 turnover percentage highlight extreme efficiency the Spurs will value. Hart is on pace to shoot at least 50 percent from the floor for the fourth straight season at Villanova.
    Last edited by Drom John; 03-01-2017 at 11:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided:NBA Mock Draft 2017, Week 18: Jayson Tatum to Orlando
    by Chris Stone 6 hours ago [AKA 9 March 2017]
    Josh Hart, SG, Villanova

Villanova’s Josh Hart took home Big East Player of the Year honors after averaging 21.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists per 40 minutes during conference play. Now a senior, Hart has experience playing in nearly every role for the Wildcats. He was the team’s sixth man during his sop re season, its star role-player as a junior and now its superstar in his final campaign. That bodes well for Hart fitting into a role at the next level, likely as a 3-and-D wing who can provide a bit of extra ball-handling as needed.

Hart has morphed into a quality 3-point shooter over his career, making 38.8 percent of his 510 attempts. Notably, he’s become a much better free throw shooter over the past two years and increased his volume this season, suggesting that the higher percentage is more sustainable than originally expected. Hart is also a versatile defender who guards the two through four spots in college. He may have more trouble with that at the NBA level, but as the league downsizes, he should be able to defend some new age fours. The last thing worth noting about Hart is that he’s turned himself into a very serviceable pick-and-roll ball-handler. He’s at his best going left, but he can distribute and get to the rim in these actions.

With the Spurs, Hart would have an opportunity to 2017-18’s version of Malcolm Brogdon as a talented, but undervalued senior ready to contribute in the NBA right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report:
    2017 NBA Mock Draft: Conference Tournament Edition
    Jonathan Wasserman, NBA Lead Writer
    March 10, 2017

New-ish quote:

29. San Antonio Spurs: Josh Hart (Villanova, SG, Senior)

The San Antonio Spurs could view Josh Hart in the same light the Milwaukee Bucks saw Malcolm Brogdon last June. A jack-of-all-trades guard, Hart could thrive in a smaller role that allows him to play to his strengths, which include open shot-making, driving and passing—not creating.

Hart has taken each aspect of his game to another level in 2017, most notably his shooting (2.1 threes per game, 40.4 percent) and playmaking (3.2 assists per game).

Carrying Villanova to another deep run in the NCAA tournament could help improve Hart's stock even further.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would want this guy to be a Spur

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18879443

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I was hoping there'd at least be some intrigue for who the Spurs were going to draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a very nice game right now against a good defensive team in Wisconsin. Definitely reminds me of Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon.

I think 6'5" is a generous listing though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I almost thought he was going to start taking today's game over but then he had 2 Danny Green esque drives to the basket at the end of the game. I still like him in the Spurs system though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a very nice game right now against a good defensive team in Wisconsin. Definitely reminds me of Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon.

I think 6'5" is a generous listing though.
    I strongly prefer Brogdon. I thought Hart shrunk in crunch time against Wisky.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I strongly prefer Brogdon. I thought Hart shrunk in crunch time against Wisky.
    I agree, but I'm biased ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, but I'm biased ;-)
    I went to UVa - that explains my bias. What about yours?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went to UVa - that explains my bias. What about yours?
    Same as you, graduated in 05

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be slipping hard in the latest mocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be slipping hard in the latest mocks.
    Definitely corresponds to my eye test.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely corresponds to my eye test.
    His limitations showed in that second half but could definitely still be a good role player off the bench. He will be a decent pickup in the second round for someone. He had a stellar year overall, he's just not someone who can be the focal point of the offense.

Thread Information