My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't that how radiation half life works?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have been news had it not been radioactive after only 30 years. Like, some of the biggest news in physics history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read recently the natural decay will take 7000 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    half life is 30.17 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘It’s like the embers in a barbecue pit.’ Nuclear reactions are smoldering again at Chernobyl

Thirty-five years after the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine exploded in the world’s worst nuclear accident, fission reactions are smoldering again in uranium fuel masses buried deep inside a mangled reactor hall. “It’s like the embers in a barbecue pit,” says Neil Hyatt, a nuclear materials chemist at the University of Sheffield. Now, Ukrainian scientists are scrambling to determine whether the reactions will wink out on their own—or require extraordinary interventions to avert another accident.

Sensors are tracking a rising number of neutrons, a signal of fission, streaming from one inaccessible room, Anatolii Doroshenko of the Ins ute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants (ISPNPP) in Kyiv, Ukraine, reported last week during discussions about dismantling the reactor. “There are many uncertainties,” says ISPNPP’s Maxim Saveliev. “But we can’t rule out the possibility of [an] accident.” The neutron counts are rising slowly, Saveliev says, suggesting managers still have a few years to figure out how to stifle the threat. Any remedy he and his colleagues come up with will be of keen interest to Japan, which is coping with the aftermath of its own nuclear disaster 10 years ago at Fukushima, Hyatt notes. “It’s a similar magnitude of hazard.”
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021...rnobyl-reactor

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another shining example of Communist destruction of the planet, just like the Chinese rockets that have now twice fell to earth, the first one causing significant damage in Cote d'Ivoire, Africa just last year. And China didn't pay reparations for it plus grievance, which they should have, just like they should pay out the ass for starting COVID.

Another example = Josef Stalin completely draining out and killing the Aral Sea in Central Asia.

Seriously Communism has been the absolute worst for mother Earth. But yet the leftists continue to pretend to be the pro-environmental party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah thats how radioactivity works.

A few modern atom bombs and we all are toast.

But jut muh Russia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another shining example of Communist destruction of the planet, just like the Chinese rockets that have now twice fell to earth, the first one causing significant damage in Cote d'Ivoire, Africa just last year. And China didn't pay reparations for it plus grievance, which they should have, just like they should pay out the ass for starting COVID.

Another example = Josef Stalin completely draining out and killing the Aral Sea in Central Asia.

Seriously Communism has been the absolute worst for mother Earth. But yet the leftists continue to pretend to be the pro-environmental party.
    https://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/jun/1...ally-drops-nu/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skylab, 1979

Thread Information