Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I bet 95% of everyone would take Iverson over Harden on their team any day of said week! Iverson carried a team of D-leaguers to the finals. Houston has a team with many more better players and cannot get outta the first round.
    big Harden critic, but wtf are you smoking?

no.

And thats what happens when your basketball knowledge is a culmination of youtube clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily. Pound for pound Iverson was one of the best athletes in sports, small but talented as . He was a chucker I agree, but he was so quick and lethal with that first step.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AI is the only college player I ever went out of my way to follow or watch. Without Larry Brown and when his astonishing athletic ability started to wane, a spoiled kid with no accountability to anyone, he turned into a chucker who cared more about his stats than wins or teammates. Kobe did the same thing. That kind of clouds people's memory. He was a bad mother er, and a nightmare matchup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated basketball player IMO, but he's one of the 5 most influential players in NBA history, all things considered..he's the 2Pac of the NBA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AI is pound 4 pound the best to ever play the game. a visionary, most influential, the biggest cultural icon in the league's history who carried a d league sixers team to an nba finals.
    troll chimpin doin work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i loved AI the first year he exploded and got philly to the finals, but the truth is he's a terrible player and one of the biggest cancers ever. I laughed my ass off for weeks when he got traded for freaking billups and mcdyess.. one of the worst trades ever
    Please put the crack pipe away.

He may be a cancer, but a terrible player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big Harden critic, but wtf are you smoking?

no.

And thats what happens when your basketball knowledge is a culmination of youtube clips
    Looks like you are already in the minority bruh. Do you even know basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had his glory days for sure, but he went out like a ing prima donna and team cancer. He was a shorter version of Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AI is pound 4 pound the best to ever play the game. a visionary, most influential, the biggest cultural icon in the league's history who carried a d league sixers team to an nba finals.
    The pound for pound argument I keep reading that gets misused for things outside of the fighting sports is pointless. How can you apply "pound for pound" to basketball? They don't have weight classes.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The pound for pound argument I keep reading that gets misused for things outside of the fighting sports is pointless. How can you apply "pound for pound" to basketball? They don't have weight classes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually they do...... a 160lb niggra is lighter than a 250lb niggra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. I actually saw the Netflix do entary last night, tbh.

AI was supremely talented...a fierce compe or. If some of the players nowadays had half the heart Iverson had...man.

Remember that all-star game in 01?!
    ah yes...I remember it like it was 15 years ago

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup. And he was no 6'0 ft tall imo. More like 5'10/5'9. It was amazing that he played that well against 6'5 220 lbs s. Anybody else would get their swatted.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I don't think you understand what a weight "class" means.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I bet 95% of everyone would take Iverson over Harden on their team any day of said week! Iverson carried a team of D-leaguers to the finals. Houston has a team with many more better players and cannot get outta the first round.
    AI is better at just about every aspect of the game except flopping, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh at the unfortunate racist remarks towards myself and lebomb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they face each other directly in the NBA. Pound for pound is only used for guys who don't ever face each other so. So no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh at the unfortunate racist remarks towards myself and lebomb.
    You should run over to the Club and start a thread about SAWM tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson is my favourite player of all-time but he's overrated as by dumb gangsta wannabes. He's a cancer to any team that pretends to win something. He isn't better than guys like Harden, Nash, Ginobili, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AI is better at just about every aspect of the game except flopping, tbh
    And shooting 2s, and shooting 3s, and shooting FTs, and assisting, and rebounding, and blocking shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen Iverson is about rightly rated. He was a brilliant individual player, probably one of the best one on one player the league has ever seen, but the game is 5-5.

He requires a very specific type of team around him to be successful. His team has to have extremely strong offensive rebounding (to get second chance points from his bricks), great defensively (to offset for an inefficient offense), and players that do not mind not having the ball for stretches of the game (as Iverson carries the entire offense himself). They also have to be great spot up shooters (for Iverson kickouts).

It's a bunch of very unique skill set, and even then, I am not sure if that theoretical team can win it all because it is bound to be average to poor offensively.

I loved Iverson, thought he was one of the most entertaining players to ever play the game. His cultural impact is unrivaled in the history of the league, but he was just too stubborn to change his game. He always seems to be the guy who would rather lose his way than win the team's way.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I loved Iverson, thought he was one of the most entertaining players to ever play the game. His cultural impact is unrivaled in the history of the league, but he was just too stubborn to change his game. He always seems to be the guy who would rather lose his way than win the team's way.
    Absolutely. And what makes me respect him is that it was all quite in the open with him. He was what he was. He didn't hide his . Something that can't really be said about other so called all-time "greats" who tried to hide their egotistical/narcissistic ways behind a fake "all about the win" persona

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    D-Leaguers, they had Mount Mutumbo on their team.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I watched youtube replays of his career
    You must be a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great compe or, but couldn't shoot, didn't play d just gambled for everything and was too short.

Thread Information