Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope not, it's a really bad sign when they're having to lean on Duncan offensively now, like vs the Clippers last year when Parker was ting the bed and Leonard was awful the last four games.
    Mehh I think Kareem had one of those hot-tub-time machine games in his last playoff run ...
    I just think the truly great ones can dial it up for one last game ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was 24 and 13 in his next to last game vs the Pistons int he finals... Lakers got swept.
    But I get what you mean they shouldnt need 20 from Tim anymore but if they need it one night I think he has one more left ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I dont condone duncan bashing ...

But if this was the recently retired one ...how many posts and threads would we see ...hmmmm?
    Tim was the only dude blocking out Adams/Kanter who crushed Diaw/West.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Duncan has really fallen off a cliff these last 3-4 months, ever since that injury that kept him out of 5 or 6 straight games. With how well he was playing to begin the season it looked like he had a 20th year in him, but as of now I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire this summer.
    That injury happens to have resulted in him have to sport another knee brace which has basically robbed him of any leaping ability.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    all valid points ...

1. not many have played until 40 ... Kareem did I am not sure if he scored only 2 pts in a game because I was pretty young ...but those that use this duncan's season for an argument he is greater than Kareem seems foolish at the moment
    One thing that Kareem had going for him was that he didn't have knee problems which was also true for Karl Malone. Meanwhile, Tim has two shot knees. He essentially destroyed DeAndre on one knee.

Tim at 40 is more comparable to 39 year old Hakeem who also had knee issues late in his career although not as bad as Ewing/Tim who suffered injuries to BOTH knees.

It was 24 and 13 in his next to last game vs the Pistons int he finals... Lakers got swept.
    But I get what you mean they shouldnt need 20 from Tim anymore but if they need it one night I think he has one more left ...
    Kareem scored 4 pts & grabbed 3 rebounds in Gm 7 of the 88 Finals. He was also 3-14 & grabbed 6 rebounds in Gm 6 when the Pistons were robbed by the refs w/ a phantom foul:

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-03-2016 at 08:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe retired at 37.

When Duncan was 37, he was still the best player on a championship contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan has really fallen off a cliff these last 3-4 months, ever since that injury that kept him out of 5 or 6 straight games. With how well he was playing to begin the season it looked like he had a 20th year in him, but as of now I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire this summer.
    Sad but true, my all time fave player but dude just looks flat out done. The wheels fell off, finally. He played great until 39 years old, that's all we could ask for. If this is the Tim we will see from now on it's time to hang them up.
    Kobe retired at 37.

When Duncan was 37, he was still the best player on a championship contender.
    He was in the finals getting a 30 and 20 game too, not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont condone duncan bashing ...

But if this was the recently retired one ...how many posts and threads would we see ...hmmmm?
    It can't be because he wasn't good enough of a player nor leader to have a contender team so late in his career.

Thread Information