Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wait.. So we're just gonna pretend that Manu didn't flop like he's been doing since '02??? Watch the slo-no without Spurs goggles and you'll see that Waiters barely nudged him and he went flying back like somebody hit him with a sawed off. What about his foot going out of bounds? Isn't that delay of game? What about Leonard grabbing onto Westbrook's jersey? Even with all of this, the Spurs got the ball with so much time to score the bucket and win. The dude Completely flopped and this is one of the best flops he's ever given us. Get over this loss and go win the series. Ya boy damn near did a back flip.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Flopinobli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In spurs Canon you must flop else the reg won't call it. See Brent Barry 2008.

Thus we celebrate Manu for his exposure of wrongdoing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck in the lottery, BG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The matters if Manu sold the contact or not? That was a foul, even the league acknowledged it.

And no, Manu's foot stepping out of bounds isn't necessarily a delay of game. What you have to consider to call a "delay of game" is the distance between the inbounder and the defender.

Yes, Kawhi grabbed Leonard but that happens everytime. For that grab we got there, there were probably ten or twenty more all over the rest of the court, involving the players of both sides, in the more than 5 seconds that it took Waiters to put the ball in play (by jumping, btw).

You don't call those kind of fouls at that stage unless they are blatant and exposed like the elbow Waiters threw to Manu. Or the 5 second violation. Or jumping to inbound the ball. Or the Ibaka jersey grab of Aldridge, that trully was blatant. 4 evident calls that should have gone against OKC and none was called.

But like you, and all the Spurs players and coaches, said; no excuses. We got the ball and should have got the score.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

And no, Manu's foot stepping out of bounds isn't necessarily a delay of game. What you have to consider to call a "delay of game" is the distance between the inbounder and the defender.

Rule 8, section II of the NBA rule book

PENALTY: The first offense is a warning. A technical foul shall be assessed with each successive offense and charged to the team. An announcement will be made by the public address announcer. The 24-second clock shall remain the same or reset to 14, whichever is greater, if the violation is assessed against the defensive team. The offensive team shall be awarded a new 8 seconds to advance the ball if it is in the backcourt. If repeated acts become a travesty, the head coach shall be notified that he is being held responsible.
    EXCEPTION (5): In the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period, a technical foul will be assessed if the defender crosses or breaks the plane of the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rule 8, section II of the NBA rule book

PENALTY: The first offense is a warning. A technical foul shall be assessed with each successive offense and charged to the team. An announcement will be made by the public address announcer. The 24-second clock shall remain the same or reset to 14, whichever is greater, if the violation is assessed against the defensive team. The offensive team shall be awarded a new 8 seconds to advance the ball if it is in the backcourt. If repeated acts become a travesty, the head coach shall be notified that he is being held responsible.
    EXCEPTION (5): In the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period, a technical foul will be assessed if the defender crosses or breaks the plane of the boundary line prior to the ball being released on a throw-in.
    Do you have the link? What "boundary line"? The out of bound line or the line that limits the proximity of the defender with the inbounder? 'cause if "not stepping out of bounds when a throw in is about to take place" is a rule, then it is a rule that is often broken and not called, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lmao

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you have the link? What "boundary line"? The out of bound line or the line that limits the proximity of the defender with the inbounder? 'cause if "not stepping out of bounds when a throw in is about to take place" is a rule, then it is a rule that is often broken and not called, tbh.
    lol

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-thunder-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tha link doesn't really help much. I would like the link of the rule. Because in that bit it doesn't specify what kind of "boundary line". And like I said, if "not stepping out of bounds" is a rule then it's a rule that is constantly being broken, so I doubt it actually exists. The "boundary line" must refer to the proximity limit of the defender with the inbounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said upstairs, if you rely on the refs during endgame situations, you deserve to lose. I like that Manu and Pop didn't dwell on it when asked. Move on and get ready for game 3.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Like I said upstairs, if you rely on the refs during endgame situations, you deserve to lose. I like that Manu and Pop didn't dwell on it when asked. Move on and get ready for game 3.
    And kudos to them. Can you imagine if this had happened to Doc Rivers?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tha link doesn't really help much. I would like the link of the rule. Because in that bit it doesn't specify what kind of "boundary line". And like I said, if "not stepping out of bounds" is a rule then it's a rule that is constantly being broken, so I doubt it actually exists. The "boundary line" must refer to the proximity limit of the defender with the inbounder.
    The NBA rule book is open to any NBA fans(off) you can google it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA rule book is open to any NBA fans(off) you can google it.
    You were the one that brought that bit taken out of context, tbh. But thanks for the tip son, I might check it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless how much he sold the contact it was obviously there. With that said we should have won anyway and blaming that play is stupid. Still shocking it wasn't called though as the ref obviously saw it happen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    double lol, wasnt referring to your grammar superstar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double lol, wasnt referring to your grammar superstar
    What were you referring to then?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait.. So we're just gonna pretend that Manu didn't flop like he's been doing since '02??? Watch the slo-no without Spurs goggles and you'll see that Waiters barely nudged him and he went flying back like somebody hit him with a sawed off. What about his foot going out of bounds? Isn't that delay of game? What about Leonard grabbing onto Westbrook's jersey? Even with all of this, the Spurs got the ball with so much time to score the bucket and win. The dude Completely flopped and this is one of the best flops he's ever given us. Get over this loss and go win the series. Ya boy damn near did a back flip.
    Well damn...look who it is. What's up my brother? Been a long, long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The matters if Manu sold the contact or not? That was a foul, even the league acknowledged it.

Yes, Kawhi grabbed Leonard but that happens everytime. For that grab we got there, there were probably ten or twenty more all over the rest of the court, involving the players of both sides, in the more than 5 seconds that it took Waiters to put the ball in play (by jumping, btw).

You don't call those kind of fouls at that stage unless they are blatant and exposed like the elbow Waiters threw to Manu. Or the 5 second violation. Or jumping to inbound the ball. Or the Ibaka jersey grab of Aldridge, that trully was blatant. 4 evident calls that should have gone against OKC and none was called.

But like you, and all the Spurs players and coaches, said; no excuses. We got the ball and should have got the score.
    The Refs Association acknowledged it, I don't think the league has. To me the league would definitely say there were multiple fouls on the play w/ Manu stepping on the line.

and only the fouls against the other team should count

at ignoring the Kiwi foul

edit:

Nevermind, the league has come out and said it was a foul. And a foul on manu. 5 fouls on the last possession.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/05/03/n...s=iref:nbahpts
    Last edited by jimbo; 05-03-2016 at 09:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you here OP? You should be dancin'... yeah

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Were you the grabbing Steven Adams at the end too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what you are laughing about son. Everything I said is true (except maybe about the "stepping out of bounds" rule. But that never gets called), and I said "no excuses", we got a better situation with the steal than if any of those violations would have been called (with the exception of the Ibaka grab on Aldridge). We just choked it away. No Spurs player or coach made a big deal about it. And here, considering it's a Spurs forum, not a lot of complaining is happening either. Had the situation been inverted, those noob basketball fans in Oklahoma would be crying their meth out.

Thread Information