Page 174 of 293 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 7307
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random question: If Kobe Bryant wanted to sign for the room exception right now, would you say yes?

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilbert and Lebron don't have a relationship, nor do they interact, according to virtually all reports, so I doubt he would be meeting Wade..

Cavs would have to do some serious convincing to get Wade to play for that cheap, though, since his biggest issue with Miami has been $..
    I see what you are saying but I would think Dan Gilbert would have to play some sort of role in this process.
    In regards to money, yes theres reason to be skeptical espcially in this inflated market...It's hard to see a guy like Wade playing for that cheap. But lets's be honest, like 2 teams have a shot at a le next season barring injury. If Wade wants another one he's going to have to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ^ better use for money right now. I'd rather have Dedmon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random question: If Kobe Bryant wanted to sign for the room exception right now, would you say yes?
    yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he bought into the system and took the right role. Though how weird would it be for Kobe to get his sixth with Duncan's team. Never will happen, but fun to think about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Mannix Verified account ‏@ChrisMannixYS

Crazy prediction: Westbrook leaves OKC for...San Antonio. Teams with Kawhi/LMA to haunt Durant and the Warriors into the next decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, what's Nene up to? I haven't heard of him receiving interest, and he's still a good offense-only big who can make a defensive play every once in a while. If he ends up becoming a min-salary guy, he makes some sense. He can score in a variety of ways, and if the team is going to double-down on dominating with their front court, Nene seems like a decent final piece to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crazy prediction: Westbrook leaves OKC for...San Antonio. Teams with Kawhi/LMA to haunt Durant and the Warriors into the next decade.
    Warriors don't have the pedigree to last into the next decade. But Westbrook won't ever come to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, what's Nene up to? I haven't heard of him receiving interest, and he's still a good offense-only big who can make a defensive play every once in a while. If he ends up becoming a min-salary guy, he makes some sense. He can score in a variety of ways, and if the team is going to double-down on dominating with their front court, Nene seems like a decent final piece to that.
    I was thinking he'd go to GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man kobe sounds great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team can beat the Dubs in small ball. Not even slightly big ball. You need to go big, stay big at all times and never give up a board. It is the only way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My gut says no - he really wasn't good, and even he knew it. Then there was that last game, where he scored a zillion, and made me believe he could still do it. Maybe the other team let off the gas, but Kobe still but the ball through the hoop. My answer is no and yes. Definitely.

That couldn't happen, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop wouldn't make it til the All Star Game.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Seem like he has been waiting until the dust settles so he can go ring chasing. I would guess he would sign w/ GSW especially if Barbosa/Sideshow Bob are still on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a small amount of money (a lot less than 30 million or whatever he got paid last year), and a bench role, absolutely I would take him.

Edit : I keep forgetting how bad his defense was. If he was capable of playing better defense and focusing on that end, I would take him, but if his defense is truly shot due to age, then I might have to re-think it .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....avid_west.html

Cavs reached out to David West, but the veteran forward undecided on playing

If free agent David West chooses to continue his playing career, the Cleveland Cavaliers are one of many teams interested in acquiring the power forward, league sources informed cleveland.com.

West, 35, is "still weighing all of his options," cleveland.com was told. Retirement is one, following his lone season with the San Antonio Spurs.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but that would be incredibly cold-blooded. The ripples from that would just cause a storm in the league. They'd implement new rules over it, IMO.
    That would be the greatest thing in the history of sports. I don't think the potential damage to the Warriors is enough for Durant to risk it. Someday someone will do it and they'll eviscerate a team like Jordan did to the Mavericks.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....avid_west.html

Cavs reached out to David West, but the veteran forward undecided on playing

If free agent David West chooses to continue his playing career, the Cleveland Cavaliers are one of many teams interested in acquiring the power forward, league sources informed cleveland.com.

West, 35, is "still weighing all of his options," cleveland.com was told. Retirement is one, following his lone season with the San Antonio Spurs.
    I thought the Cavs were like a jillion dollars into the luxury tax. How the do they have money to sign free agents?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Hmm, let me see... Key rotation players next year are Kyle Anderson, Jonathan Simmons, Davis Bertans and Boban Marjanovic. Ah, yeah, I'd take Kobe in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary thought: David West leaving the Spurs to join the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and Murray could form the first sub 30% shooting backup backcourt in history. Would be fun. Pop would also be obliged to play him 40 mins per game. What's not to like eh?

Thread Information