Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Seattle at home coming off a bye with a far better defense than what Atlanta has.

Better QB
    At home
    Second consecutive road game for Atlanta
    Seattle by far the better D

Seattle is the play.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gotta beat them Falcons... I think Seattle wins.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Atlanta is giving up somewhere around 28 a game if you ignore that Denver game. I imagine they'll look to have long, sustained drives to keep their defense off the field. Which works directly into the dink-and-dunk approach. Although they'll certainly will have their shots to take downfield if they'd like to. Ball security will be huge

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But the falcons are a high octane offense, they like to throw and make flashy plays... dinking and dunking for 10 minutes to eventually find the endzone is the Cowboys way, not the Falcon way.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    But the falcons are a high octane offense, they like to throw and make flashy plays... dinking and dunking for 10 minutes to eventually find the endzone is the Cowboys way, not the Falcon way.
    When you are playing against high-end defenses you have to concede some things, which is precisely what happened last week against Denver. They targeted their RB's heavily in the passing game, and prioritized running the ball consistently.

Of Ryan's fifteen completions, ten of them went to three positions. RB(7)/TE(2)/FB(1). Resulting in 195 yards (of 267), and his only TD. Only five receptions went to WRs.

Now I'm not saying they can't get going in a big way against Seattle, but I would be surprised if overall, they didn't take the same approach. I'm sure they will take shots but, they likely will be coordinated.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^ That sort of game is advantage Seattle.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Not if those drives are successful.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The greatest success Atlanta can hope for on such a drive is a made field goal. Seattle doesn't really give up TDs at home.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    You're not taking into account the time that is drained off the clock in these kinds of drives. It limits the other side just as much as it limits their side. It becomes a game of mistakes, as windows for scoring are naturally smaller.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Seattle defense is kind of an exception to the rule in that regard. They don't mind being out there on the field longer than the offense because they have all those elite players who are likely to cause mistakes including huge turnovers.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Up until the Jets game we were at the lower-end in regards to forced turnovers this year. Teams are playing ultra conservative so far, avoiding taking shots downfield.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    I'll take it. Sometimes you catch the breaks, sometimes you don't.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who schedules this stuff?

How can ya have one team coming off a bye week vs a team in another road game? Talk about unfair, there it is.

Anyway....

As we all know the Seahawks don't start hitting their stride until November, in the RW era...

First 8 weeks...12 losses
    Last 8 weeks...6 losses

They come to the playoffs playing their best ball.

The bottom line is real simple...

Pete Carrol is one of the best college/pro football coachs of all time, only a fool wouldn't get that.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I'm going to the Dome in two weeks when the Hawks come to town. Hopefully our defense shows up.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Spur-Addict What did you think about the win vs. Atlanta? I know the last call was PI. Though, the mugging of Kearse in the end zone could've been contrived as PI as well. I think we dominated for 3 of 4 quarters and should've blown out the Falcons. I know the 3rd quarter was an affront on our D. Losing Bennett and not having Kam really hurt our pass defense. I hope Michael isn't hurt long term. Having Frank Clark back and Bennett healthy is imperative down the stretch seeing that we don't get a bye for the remainder of the regular season. I thought the O was alright. Wasn't as explosive as I thought we could be. Good to see Graham become an integral part of the passing game. Next week is a tough spot vs. Arizona down in the desert. 4-1 is better than how we started off last year. Props to ET for that pick that saved our bacon.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What was up with Kam? He never misses games unless he's trying to hold out to get paid...

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    What was up with Kam? He never misses games unless he's trying to hold out to get paid...
    He hurt his groing vs. the Jets. I believe he aggravated it during the bye week practices.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He hurt his groing vs. the Jets. I believe he aggravated it during the bye week practices.
    What an idiot for not resting during the bye week. Who the gets WORSE during a bye week?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Spur-Addict What did you think about the win vs. Atlanta? I know the last call was PI. Though, the mugging of Kearse in the end zone could've been contrived as PI as well. I think we dominated for 3 of 4 quarters and should've blown out the Falcons. I know the 3rd quarter was an affront on our D. Losing Bennett and not having Kam really hurt our pass defense. I hope Michael isn't hurt long term. Having Frank Clark back and Bennett healthy is imperative down the stretch seeing that we don't get a bye for the remainder of the regular season. I thought the O was alright. Wasn't as explosive as I thought we could be. Good to see Graham become an integral part of the passing game. Next week is a tough spot vs. Arizona down in the desert. 4-1 is better than how we started off last year. Props to ET for that pick that saved our bacon.

Games really do not come down to one call, although people try to make it seem that way in the waning moments of games. It is rather all that came before that culminated in that moment. Aside from that Russell INT in the SB, that was . And yes, there were various calls (as in every game) that are missed on both sides, it's just the way it is. But yes, we absolutely dominated three of the four quarters, and should have had a firm grip despite the third quarter debacle. Our offense has to improve, and it will as Russell continues to get healthier. His elusiveness is a linchpin to our offense. Whether it's buying extra time in the pocket when the play breaks down, our getting critical yards on the ground as needed to extend drives. He's doing a good job of getting the ball out quickly which is something I think will carry over once he's back healthy. Whether it's this year or beyond. Sure there will be the broken plays that will make his release time look poor, but once subtracting those plays I think we'll see similar our better numbers to now as far as getting the ball out is concerned.

Not only did we not have Kam, but we did not have Frank Clark as well who has been a major part of our defensive unit. But, I think, it's more about the growth of the offensive unit. This is how it goes every year. We have a restructured offensive line (had a major injury with Ifedi as well), and eventually we get into a groove midseason, we just have to survive until that point. So, I think around week 8 it will be pivotal to get into a groove (largely dependent upon the health of Russ) and really put up a good offensive showing before going into that tough three game stretch. That Jets game was good, but it's the Jets. And overall he has played well in every game considering what he is dealing with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the next two games aren't pivotal, as they certainly are. Arizona looks to be rounding into form, and New Orleans can drop 35 on most teams. So they're big games. Ideally I'd like to see that transformation next game but that's typically but you can't rush health. But I need to see a game where Russ gets 40 yards rushing to feel good about where we're going. Just to know he can if need be.

I like Luke Willson, but it'll be nice the next few weeks seeing Vannett get more snaps. Perfect fit with Jimmy given his complete skillset. They're saying Luke may need surgery, that would suck. Michael is saying that he will be fine, and I'll take him at his word. These offensive lineman have been targeting him this year in the most dirtiest manner but what are you gonna do it's football. Prosise being day-to-day is nice. We certainly need a change of pace back to go with Michael. I like Spiller and all, but we spent a third round pick on Prosise, it'll be nice to see what we have, similarly to Vannett. Lockett hopefully coming into form here soon. Just a lot of injuries on the offensive side of the ball but we're dealing with it. But as long as Russ is legit on the mend we'll be fine IMO.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Seattle in the RW era, after the first six weeks.

2012...7-3
    2013...8-2
    2014...9-1
    2015...8-2

At 4-1 there is no logic in seeing them do any worst than 7-4, that is 11-5 and another playoff spot.

Being real.

lose one of these on the road....Arizona, NO.
    beat Buffalo
    lose in NE
    beat Philly
    beat TB
    beat Carolina at home
    ??? at Packers..............could be in desperation and playing better. Weather???
    beat Rams at home
    beat Cards at home
    beat Niners

Yep, will lose one I have as a win.

So...12-4/11-5

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    What an idiot for not resting during the bye week. Who the gets WORSE during a bye week?
    It was my mistake. He was injured during last Thursday's practice. Missed Friday's practice and so they held him out for the tilt vs. Falcons.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It was my mistake. He was injured during last Thursday's practice. Missed Friday's practice and so they held him out for the tilt vs. Falcons.
    Hope he recovers in time for the Arizona away game this weekend... AZ has been on the rise a bit granted they've played sucky compe ion, but it's still at home for them... Seattle really should win that game and it's a shame if they don't because they're much better.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Lets not get carried away here. Arizona is still a highly talented team that just has had setbacks. Top flight running back, top flight receiver, really good QB who should just protect the ball more, and an elite defense when healthy. I think the glaring loss was against New England in week one when nobody knew how good Jimmy was. In retrospect it's not as bad as it was at the time. Getting steamrolled by Buffalo in retrospect wasn't so terrible either, especially seeing as how they traveled all the way across the country for a 1pm EST game. I have to admit, I was wrong about Buffalo, they seem to righted the ship if you will. And of course, Carson got clocked by the Rams, who happen to be damn compe ive right now, and the Rams beat us every year. So they're obviously a talented team.

Arizona has the look of a team that may go on a run here in the middle portion of the schedule. If they beat us, they could easily have a three game streak (Carolina then San Fran) going into their battle with Minnesota. Who they can beat because of how good their defense is. Especially given the fact that Minnesota has a offensive line. So, this will be a tightly contested battle even if we are fully healthy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lets not get carried away here. Arizona is still a highly talented team that just has had setbacks. Top flight running back, top flight receiver, really good QB who should just protect the ball more, and an elite defense when healthy. I think the glaring loss was against New England in week one when nobody knew how good Jimmy was. In retrospect it's not as bad as it was at the time. Getting steamrolled by Buffalo in retrospect wasn't so terrible either, especially seeing as how they traveled all the way across the country for a 1pm EST game. I have to admit, I was wrong about Buffalo, they seem to righted the ship if you will. And of course, Carson got clocked by the Rams, who happen to be damn compe ive right now, and the Rams beat us every year. So they're obviously a talented team.

Arizona has the look of a team that may go on a run here in the middle portion of the schedule. If they beat us, they could easily have a three game streak (Carolina then San Fran) going into their battle with Minnesota. Who they can beat because of how good their defense is. Especially given the fact that Minnesota has a offensive line. So, this will be a tightly contested battle even if we are fully healthy.
    Based on the schedule I don't see more than 8 wins for them, which won't be even close enough to sniff a wild card spot in this year's compe ive NFC.

Thread Information