Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    According to Sunday NFL Countdown, Seattle is 62-27 with the Legion of Boom all playing, and 6-6-1 with one of them missing the game.

How can Struggle's defenders call him an elite QB when losing just one player from the most stacked defense of this generation turns him into a .500 quarterback? There are real franchise quarterbacks toiling away for entire seasons with horrible secondaries, but Struggle can't make do with "just" most of the Legion of Boom instead of all of them.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    According to Sunday NFL Countdown, Seattle is 62-27 with the Legion of Boom all playing, and 6-6-1 with one of them missing the game.

How can Struggle's defenders call him an elite QB when losing just one player from the most stacked defense of this generation turns him into a .500 quarterback? There are real franchise quarterbacks toiling away for entire seasons with horrible secondaries, but Struggle can't make do with "just" most of the Legion of Boom instead of all of them.
    Most overrated QB of our generation, tbh..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Make that 6-7-1.

The Legion of Boom carries the Seahawks. Struggle is just along for the ride.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

5 games this season without a single TD, no other QB has more than 3 games.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who has the most 4th quarter comebacks since 2012, hmmmmm?

Without RW the Seahawks are a 500 ball team and it should be real obvious.

Speaking of interesting Seahawks stats.

Every weekday morning, we'll round up local and national Seattle Seahawks-related links.

Scott Kacsmar of Football Outsiders with a couple of interesting notes on the Seahawks' win over the Steelers and Russell Wilson:

In Week 2 of the 2011 season, the Steelers picked apart a young Seattle team in a wire-to-wire 24-0 win. Pittsburgh led 17-0 at halftime and never faced much of a challenge. Following that game, Pete Carroll's Seahawks have gone on one of the greatest streaks in NFL history: 81 consecutive games where they have been at least within one score in the fourth quarter. But none of those games were quite like this one, with seven lead changes as the high-scoring shootout win has evaded Seattle over the past four years. Russell Wilson was 0-12 in his career when the Seahawks allowed more than 24 points, but to get above .500 this year, he had a huge day with 345 passing yards and five touchdowns.
    On his 27th birthday and perhaps the best passing day of his career,******* Wilson set NFL records for the most fourth-quarter comeback wins (12) and game-winning drives (17) through a quarterback's first four seasons***************** This one should be more memorable than most.

Last edited by Avante; 12-12-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Another interesting Seahawks stat.

Russell Wilson has had 25 games with muliple TD's and no INT's, that is an NFL record for a five season QB.

Add that NFL record above.

4000/30/500

100 or better QB rating first two seasons.

The great Russell Wilson doing things never seen before.

Last edited by Avante; 12-12-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This is fun.

110.1 -- Wilson's passer rating, which was tops in the league for the entire season. When you shrink the numbers down to the seven-game stretch from Week 11 to Week 17, his rating was 132.8. It was during this time that the Seahawks lost tight end Jimmy Graham and running back Thomas Rawls. They were already playing without Marshawn Lynch, and Sunday against the Cardinals, the Seahawks had backups in the game at left tackle and right guard. But Wilson completed 71 percent of his passes, averaged 8.78 yards per attempt and threw 24 touchdowns against one interception during the seven-game period. The Seahawks won six of those games. With the season on the line, no quarterback in the NFL was better.
    118.6 -- Wilson's passer rating on throws from inside the pocket. Not only was that the top mark among this year's group, but no quarterback in the past three seasons has posted a higher number. Wilson completed 72.8 percent of his passes, averaged 8.75 yards per attempt and tossed 31 touchdowns against seven interceptions when he stayed in the pocket. Since Week 11, the numbers are 77.8 percent, 9.90 YPA, 22 touchdowns and one interception. That equates to a passer rating of 145.1. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, this will be one of the most important things to come out of the 2015 season for the Seahawks. When Wilson has time to sit back in the pocket, he can pick defenses apart. He's shown that ability in the past, but never at such a high level, and it's made the Seahawks extremely tough to defend. If opponents want to try to stay disciplined with their pass rushes and not allow Wilson to scramble, he's perfectly content to hang tight, survey the field and deliver on-target all game long.
    1 -- The number of quarterbacks in NFL history that have thrown for at least 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns, while also running for 500 or more yards. Wilson is alone in this club, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The rushing yards tend to get overlooked at this point, but only Carolina's Cam Newton and Buffalo's Tyrod Taylor had more among this year's quarterbacks. Wilson can beat teams in a number of ways: the quick passing game, bootlegs, shot plays and running it. Most importantly, he's been smart about when to use his legs. Of his 553 rushing yards, 466 were before contact. Wilson has shown he knows when to take off, when to get down, when to get out of bounds and when to fight for extra yardage. He has not missed a game or even a practice in four NFL seasons due to injury.
    80.4 -- Wilson's completion percentage when targeting wide receiver Doug Baldwin. According to ESPN Stats & Information, no other quarterback/wide receiver combination has posted a higher number in the last 10 years. Since Week 10, when Wilson has targeted Baldwin, he's completed 47 of 59 passes (79.7 percent) for 724 yards (12.27 YPA), 12 touchdowns and one interception. That equates to a passer rating of 150.3. Baldwin has gotten more opportunities and made the most of them. He became the only player in the last 15 years to post a 1,000-yard season while catching at least 80 percent of his targets. Overall, Baldwin finished with 78 catches for 1,069 yards and 14 touchdowns (tied for tops in the NFL).
    79.0 -- Wilson's completion percentage on third down since Week 11. That was the top mark in the league over that span, as was his 144.7 passer rating. Seahawks coaches are obsessed with third down -- both on offense and defense. In the first 10 weeks, Wilson was completing 56.5 percent of his third-down passes (21st), and the Seahawks were struggling to extend drives. But down the stretch, the protection has been better, Wilson has had more options, and his decision-making has been outstanding. One key has been how quickly he's been getting rid of the ball on third down. Before Week 11, Wilson was taking 2.77 seconds before passing, fourth-longest. But since then, that number is down to 2.36, fourth-fastest. Overall, the Seahawks converted 46.5 percent of their third downs, fourth-best in the NFL and their top mark since Pete Carroll became the head coach. Since Week 11, they've converted 59.4 percent, tops in the league.

And it goes on and on and.................

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ya can always tell the rookies, for them it's game to game, play to play, that body of work, hahaha~~~~~~~~~

The Packers once held Barry Sanders to ..0...yards gained, yep, he sucked....huh?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    chirp chirp

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Most overrated QB of our generation, tbh..
    That would be Andrew Cuck.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That would be Andrew Cuck.
    Andrew Luck is a turnover machine, damn he makes some stupid mistakes.
    If ya notice nobody is ...Luck is better than Wilson....anymore.

Comparing their career stats, it's all RW.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Andrew Luck is a turnover machine, damn he makes some stupid mistakes.
    If ya notice nobody is ...Luck is better than Wilson....anymore.

Comparing their career stats, it's all RW.
    Yeah. Nobody should be defending him anymore.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah. Nobody should be defending him anymore.
    First off the guy has a goofy looking head.

People forget than even coming out of Stanford his NCAA stats were inferior to Wilsons.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't rank Wilson at number two like this guy.

2. Russell Wilson, Seahawks
    Far from a game manager. Wilson is a star. His career arc reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger with the mid-2000s Steelers. At first, he looked like a guy along for the ride. Then the franchise was turned over to him and a Hall of Famer emerged. The same thing is happening in Seattle.

I'd have...Brady/Rodgers, Big Ben, Brees and then RW.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who remembers the first stud Seahawks RB Sherman Smith? He was a converted MAC QB. 6-4 225 long strider. Current RB coach.

Their other long strider was Furman's Chris Warren.

Penn States Curt Warner their only great RB until Alexander showed up.

Their first head coach was Jack Patera, this is his brother Ken.

The fastest Seahawk was Olympic 200m bronze medalist Michael Bates.

As we can see none of them can match our very own 20.00 sprinter, hahahaha~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 12-14-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No end in sight.

The intrigue: Throughout his career, Wilson has answered every knock on his game. Too short for an NFL quarterback. Wilson has won one Super Bowl, led Seattle back to another and set the record for most regular-season wins in a quarterback’s first three seasons. Just a caretaker for an offense that centers around an elite running back. Wilson’s second-half tear came with Marhsawn Lynch on the sideline. Yeah, but he’s got an elite defense, too. He does, but he’s also put the Seahawks on his back when their defense has faltered, last year against Pittsburgh being one instance. Not as good in the pocket as he is on the move. Wilson’s 118.6 passer rating on throws from inside the pocket last year was the best mark for any quarterback over the last three seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information. So what’s the next question for Wilson to answer? I’ll ask one: Can he be the league’s MVP? The Seahawks will remain committed to being a run-first team no matter who’s in their backfield, so it may be tough for Wilson to have enough opportunities to match some of the game’s most prolific passers. But it’s hard to count him out after his remarkable second-half stretch last season.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Post Count
    Russ, coming off of that poor effort, is going to destroy the Rams though.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Russ, coming off of that poor effort, is going to destroy the Rams though.
    In the RW era the Seahawks have never lost two games in a row after turkey day.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The best Seahawk.

All Star Team

QB Russell Wilson
    RB Shaun Alexander
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    WR Doug Baldwin
    WR Steve Largent
    WR Jimmy Graham
    Last edited by Avante; 12-14-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Thread Information