Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ideas are endless, they're just now about to get around to Phi Slama Jama. They haven't touched a number of things actually.
    Fair enough. Just think the Magic team wasn't necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers picking Bradley but not C-Webb

and what was Skiles thinking, going at Shaq?
    The magic actually officially drafted Webber, so he wasn't available when sixers picked. Hardaway was an unknown at that time, and Bradley was supposedly their rare talent who's a 7'6" centre with ball handling and agility, like a healthy Ralph Sampson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The magic actually officially drafted Webber, so he wasn't available when sixers picked. Hardaway was an unknown at that time, and Bradley was supposedly their rare talent who's a 7'6" centre with ball handling and agility, like a healthy Ralph Sampson
    I meant Penny tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando was the first team to do the over top, loud, annoying arena sound effects, music, etc. that every team does now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando was the first team to do the over top, loud, annoying arena sound effects, music, etc. that every team does now.
    *Destruction sound

Shaquiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiille O'Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaal

From Penny Hardaway way way way way way

Swept for the 3rd straight year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Destruction sound

Shaquiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiille O'Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaal

From Penny Hardaway way way way way way

Swept for the 3rd straight year
    Exactly.

They were also the first team I can remember that got so much hype, unearned praise and love by the media when they hadn't even accomplished anything yet. It was the beginning of the new hype media in that level in sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

They were also the first team I can remember that got so much hype, unearned praise and love by the media when they hadn't even accomplished anything yet. It was the beginning of the new hype media in sports.
    Agreed

tbh if only those ers had a bench

Jeff Turner
    Brooks Thompson
    Donald Royal
    Anthony Bowie
    Tree pumpfaked Rollins

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Exactly.

They were also the first team I can remember that got so much hype, unearned praise and love by the media when they hadn't even accomplished anything yet. It was the beginning of the new hype media in that level in sports.
    Mark the spot, Thursday nite, 8:08 Phoenix time,,,Ooze made a cogent point.

Congratulations, you're now a man.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much butthurt out of the Orlando GM in that do entary. He didn't want to pay Shaq and Jerry West did, I don't blame O'Neal for moving on to a franchise serious about winning. It was win-win anyways, Orlando fan didn't want to pay Shaq what he was worth so he got it elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF happened to Pat Williams

He got so fat damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched it. I feel sad now.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

He got so fat damn
    Was he the fellow that was running the Sixers and his younger brother got caught stealing out of the player's locker safes during half time?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

He got so fat damn
    Lol i barely recognized him

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were trend setters. They set trends.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So much butthurt out of the Orlando GM in that do entary. He didn't want to pay Shaq and Jerry West did, I don't blame O'Neal for moving on to a franchise serious about winning. It was win-win anyways, Orlando fan didn't want to pay Shaq what he was worth so he got it elsewhere.

lol I was going to say he needed professional help to get over the whole thing since he was literally shaking when talking about it but after a quick google search I discovered he has parkinson's

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol I was going to say he needed professional help to get over the whole thing since he was literally shaking when talking about it but after a quick google search I discovered he has parkinson's
    Wow I figured he had Parkinsons disease without looking it up. But I have to laugh at the others who didn't know he had the diseases and just thought he was being butthurt over Shaq leaving.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I figured he had Parkinsons disease without looking it up. But I have to laugh at the others who didn't know he had the diseases and just thought he was being butthurt over Shaq leaving.
    I meant he sounded butthurt when he all over Shaq's agent, and claimed he was trying to steer O'Neal to LA all along. He didn't want to pay the man and he lost him for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant he sounded butthurt when he all over Shaq's agent, and claimed he was trying to steer O'Neal to LA all along. He didn't want to pay the man and he lost him for it.
    I do agree with that assessment. Orlando's GM tried to get Shaq for a cheap discount and failed. His biggest mistake was not giving into Shaq's demands right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoyed the show. There definitely was wild expectations (deservedly so) about the Magic back then.
    Nick Anderson's missed FT's brought about the most dramatic reversal of fortune that I've ever seen in basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really good, I watched it a few times and recorded it. Penny had such a sad career for his level of talent. Really could have been one of the all time great players..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree with that assessment. Orlando's GM tried to get Shaq for a cheap discount and failed. His biggest mistake was not giving into Shaq's demands right away.
    I guess in fairness he was not the best center in the league yet. They lost badly in the finals and he was outplayed, now 1 year later he is demanding to be the highest paid player. Plus the Bulls came back to whack them in the playoffs just before the contract talk..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess in fairness he was not the best center in the league yet. They lost badly in the finals and he was outplayed, now 1 year later he is demanding to be the highest paid player. Plus the Bulls came back to whack them in the playoffs just before the contract talk..
    At that time only David Robinson and Olaujuwon were better than Shaq. Just by doing future projections you could tell even back then that Shaq was going to be the best center in the league pretty soon. Even with the bulls sweeping the Magic it was safe to say that the bulls would be dominant for only a few more years and then fade away due to aging. The magic's GM miscalculated Shaq's value and made a huge mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At that time only David Robinson and Olaujuwon were better than Shaq. Just by doing future projections you could tell even back then that Shaq was going to be the best center in the league pretty soon. Even with the bulls sweeping the Magic it was safe to say that the bulls would be dominant for only a few more years and then fade away due to aging. The magic's GM miscalculated Shaq's value and made a huge mistake.
    I guess there take was "We will make you the highest paid player, when you actually are the best player"? Not unfair IMO. Sadly I think Penny breaks down no matter what, and he never rings in Orlando..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess there take was "We will make you the highest paid player, when you actually are the best player"? Not unfair IMO. Sadly I think Penny breaks down no matter what, and he never rings in Orlando..
    Yeah they had an old school way of thinking when it came to the contract situation whereas today you get the max as long as you are one of the top players at your position.

Thread Information